a cold and wet december day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
"the maze"

colours, warped and
trapped, an intricate
maze, with every
pulse, broken noize
a fading heart

quietly now, nameless

standing orders,
in empty halls,
lifeless flesh,

corruption is in your veins

the wicked and dull
patterns of praise
never mean a thing

your limbs shudder and cease
to carry you along the sky
the bodies melting...

behind the door
is a little child
with a sobbing head

your romance was like the movies
your reality was ripped from heaven
the beautiful angels pulled apart and falling to dust

unlocked,
a sun in fog
hides the ashes
smeared are the bones
against your swollen eyes
cracks in blue, dimming
golden flecs fall off their face

you thought you could trace heaven,
with your red lips and tingling touch
in the intangible space that you pray,
with a light you breathe into the silence
you thought you had made heaven

but seas + planes tangle in your sweet trip
you pulled/pryed them out of range
no one ever saw them coming
you lost a day, as we try to bring it back

somewhere you shine
somewhere you sparkle
somewhere you live
after you die

i wish i knew where
every colour bent
in the maze

~if you made it down this far, thanks for reading, sorry for the mess!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 12-08-2001).]

Wow...incredible!

The lyricist in me wants so badly to form words like that into song...I wish some of your inspiration would rub off on me!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
whenever I put on either of their last two albums (Kid A + Amnesiac) I am inspired to write, Thom Yorke's lyrics fascinate me because there is such a transient and surrealistic atmosphere to them -- and the music they are set to

well as they say, every poet is a thief
smile.gif

maybe i should get some radiohead to listen to. my inspiration is suffering not only in poetry but also in art, which is a bigger problem considering i get a grade for it. I understand what you mean about everything tying back to the September 11th events, though..

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
p.s. bonochick I don't know if you like Radiohead at all, but whenever I put on either of their last two albums (Kid A + Amnesiac) I am inspired to write, Thom Yorke's lyrics fascinate me because there is such a transient and surrealistic atmosphere to them -- and the music they are set to

Would you believe I haven't heard a single Radiohead song? *ducks flying objects*

I've been meaning to check them out...I will have to look into that. Thanks for the advice!

------------------
"I don't know you,

somewhere you shine
somewhere you sparkle
somewhere you live
after you die

i wish i knew where
every colour bent
in the maze

gorgeous ending

i was wondering, this is stupid, but where you put "pulled/pryed" is that because you could not decide which word you wanted?

and it's not a mess, Wanderer, it's beautiful.

thanks, I was bored yesterday afternoon (cold and wet decemeber day) and just clicked "post" and started writing this, I changed the direction of it about 3 or 4 different times, that's why it might seem disjointed... it seems like most of what I write these days drifts towards what happened September 11, and the ramifications of that day, I didnt intend for this to do that, but it's hard to get away from it

anyway, thanks for reading
smile.gif

p.s. bonochick I don't know if you like Radiohead at all, but whenever I put on either of their last two albums (Kid A + Amnesiac) I am inspired to write, Thom Yorke's lyrics fascinate me because there is such a transient and surrealistic atmosphere to them -- and the music they are set to

oh, didnt see your post yet BabyGrace, I wrote that line (and obviously spelled "pried" wrong) because of the music I was listening to... one of the songs was "pull/pulk revolving doors" by radiohead, but yes, I wanted to use both words and so I stole that idea
smile.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Girl go to my ftp and download a few!

You have had to have heard Creep and Karma Police no???

No! Eep! Or maybe I have and don't realize it??

I will check out your FTP soon! Thanks, Sicy!

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Would you believe I haven't heard a single Radiohead song? *ducks flying objects*

Girl go to my ftp and download a few!

You have had to have heard Creep and Karma Police no???

I had to come back...
I wonder if I should admit that the simon/garfunkel line caught my eye and that's the whole reason I looked (wish I had the time to read all of these like I used to)
I am such a boring rut, my brain is in an almost constant work-related funk and I haven't written a poem I like in MONTHS... bits of stories maybe, they're probably broing anyway. I drew a decent picture of our dog a few weeks ago which was good, but my imagination feels like it's drying up. The public service really does suck the soul out of you. Pay's good though.
Had a blissful week of hols, back to the hive on Monday. Sigh.
(sorry to dump that here, it just came out)

Congrats again Mr Wanderer.

Back
Top Bottom