a beautiful poem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
If thou could'st empty all thyself of self,
Like to a shell dishabited,
Then might He find thee on the ocean shelf,
And say, "This is not dead,"
And fill thee with Himself instead.

But thou art all replete with very thou
And hast such shrewd activity,
That when He comes He says, "This is enow
Unto itself--'twere better let it be,
It is so small and full, there is no room for me."

- Sir Thomas Browne

I finally started reading A Ring of Endless Light and came across this poem that really struck me, and I wanted to share it. I have no idea if it is even the whole thing..

have you read the book gheto? it's amazing, I shouldn't have waited so long...

scattero, you're the one that recommended it to me I think, thank you if you read this

Yeah I knew you'd like that book, BG...It's funny I should click on this in particular, this is the first time I've visited the forum in weeks. I'm in Dublin, believe it or not, not stalking U2, but just trying to see if this is a place I could live and be happy. I came over a few weeks ago but actually I've been in Wales most of the time, having an absolutely amazingly wonderful time traveling around. I may not be around the forum much but it's nice to check in!

haha what a coincidence Scatter, I knew you hadn't been around lately which is why I doubted you'd see this. yes, this book is one of the best I've read in quite awhile, there's nothing like a great book to really give you perspective on things again. and then I've got The Doves' music right now, and this combination makes me feel like my soul is soaring, I don't know how else to describe it. kinda stupid, huh? but it's true

I'm glad to hear you are having a great time on your trip, and I hope you have fun with the rest too and find what you are looking for :)

Back
Top Bottom