ZOOTV Confessionals (Random Facts... thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really, really sorry to hear that, Cobbz. Been there many times. You need to talk, I'm here.

I've been feeling incredibly tired, lethargic and avoidant lately, studies are really starting to pile up and I've mainly felt too apathetic to do anything about it. Gonna pull an all/most-nighter tonight to catch up on some stuff, even though I'm going out tomorrow night. Fuck it.

:hug: Careful with that Cobbler. I've plenty of experience with mental illnesses of those close to me, and I can surely say they're horrible. Seek professional help if you feel like it, it can really help you. Don't let anxiety turn into depression!

Having freaked myself out with anxiety in recent weeks, I can say I will never, ever again underestimate mental illness. The mind is a truly powerful thing. I've experienced physical pain (not 15/10 stuff, but pretty painful) many times but I've gotta say it's not much compared to getting stuck in a negative cycle of thoughts. This feeling of entrapment is horrible.

:hug:

I totally hear you, cobbler. The more I look around me, the more I am bothered by the stigma of mental illness. Anxiety and depression is said to be the common cold of mental problems, yet they are still frowned upon. I hate the fact so many are judgmental toward sufferers like us. But we're here for you and I hope you are reaching out for help!

I've pretty much just accepted that this hell I live with inside my head is apart of me. That might sound a little "emo," but that's honestly not my intention. Honestly, it can be comforting sometimes, drifting in and out of this torturous abyss--I feel my writing (one of few things I'm genuinely passionate about) is stronger when suffering beneath, what I feel to be, a constant sense of pressure; it's like my soul (or being, essence, etc.) is trapped in some ethereal iron maiden. I hate it, but at times also kinda like it; maybe I'm just some mental masochist.

I also feel as though I'm more appreciative of the good things when they rear their beautiful faces. Looking for a melody in a flood of dissonance, and then latching, loving, pleading with the closest thing to resemble cadence. However fleeting, I revel in these moments like Tantalus if he had finally quenched his thirst.

But yeah, the majority of the time it's just... blaaaahh. I never enjoy (nor participate in) talking about myself in person, so I spill to you guys on occasion :wink: The nights spent by myself (like tonight--yeah, Friday night alone... don't judge me) are the worst: I spend *hours* just trying to catch hold of some semblance of sleep, but it feels as though every faux pas, every minute misjudgment on my part, replays itself over and over again like some detestable skipping record.

Not really sure what the point of this post is, but I'm really tired right now, so I think I'll try to get some sleep :yawn:

I just applied for a job and I'm scared that I'll get it! I know that sounds weird, but it's going to be a big scary change if I do get it and a disappointment if I don't! Know what I mean? :panic:

I just applied for a job and I'm scared that I'll get it! I know that sounds weird, but it's going to be a big scary change if I do get it and a disappointment if I don't! Know what I mean? :panic:

Did you get the job? Change is often very scary, but as you said, if you woudn't get the opportunity you would be disappointed. What are you afraid of? You know you can handle the job.
The best thing you can do is step blindly into it and just let it happen. Good luck! :)

Did you get the job? Change is often very scary, but as you said, if you woudn't get the opportunity you would be disappointed. What are you afraid of? You know you can handle the job.
The best thing you can do is step blindly into it and just let it happen. Good luck! :)

I didn't hear back from them until last week, and after three days of phone tag, finally got to talk to someone! I have an interview this week. If I get the job, then I'll have to move. Major changes like that really make me nervous, but it will probably be really similar to when I went to college, so it's not like I've never done this before.

I didn't hear back from them until last week, and after three days of phone tag, finally got to talk to someone! I have an interview this week. If I get the job, then I'll have to move. Major changes like that really make me nervous, but it will probably be really similar to when I went to college, so it's not like I've never done this before.

Best of luck--I hope things work out the way you want them to! :hug:

Good luck Rachel! Keep us posted!

I had the interview yesterday, and it really wasn't that bad! The interviewer was really nice and didn't ask weird questions like "If you were a tree, what kind would you be?" so that was a relief. :lol: I was so exhausted after driving two hours to get there while worrying about being late, having the interview itself, driving two hours back home, and then going to work that evening. :crazy:

They're going to let me know next week if I got the job. The only thing that might keep me from getting it is if someone else applied who has more experience with digital art and graphic design, or if I did really bad in my interview and just don't know it.

Also, I entered an art contest, and I should find out next week if I won $1,000. I'm not sure when the judging was going to take place, though. It would be really nice to win something like that, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It's so hard to predict what the judges will do.

If you win the contest, and have not yet heard from the recruiter, you can try calling her and let her know you won for your artwork. That could definitely give you more leeway, and it shows you have talent.

Well, I didn't get the job. I really didn't have a good feeling about the whole thing. It would have been a job sitting at a computer and making digital art. Since I'm a traditional artist, that might have driven me crazy after a while. I probably didn't get the job because of my lack of experience with graphic design and digital art in general. I'm not that upset about it and actually feel relived that I don't have to think about it anymore.

But I have other things to think about. I have to go get a painting from one gallery, frame it, and take it to another gallery for an Art Association show. And I still don't know if I won that contest yet! :waiting:

:shocked: Kaffy on Interf??

I guess my random confession for the day is that I've been thinking a lot lately. It's mad how your life can change so much within the course of a year or two. I guess I'm finally settling into some stable mental state where I'm at peace with how things are. It's much more relaxed this way, accepting that some things can't be changed rather than be angry about it.

And relativity is a beautiful thing. Knowing that there's some absolutely horrible things that can happen to people, I worry much less about the petty things happening to me.

Damnit, I feel zen. :lol:

:shocked: Kaffy on Interf??

I guess my random confession for the day is that I've been thinking a lot lately. It's mad how your life can change so much within the course of a year or two. I guess I'm finally settling into some stable mental state where I'm at peace with how things are. It's much more relaxed this way, accepting that some things can't be changed rather than be angry about it.

And relativity is a beautiful thing. Knowing that there's some absolutely horrible things that can happen to people, I worry much less about the petty things happening to me.

Damnit, I feel zen. :lol:

:hug:

Well, I didn't get the job. I really didn't have a good feeling about the whole thing. It would have been a job sitting at a computer and making digital art. Since I'm a traditional artist, that might have driven me crazy after a while. I probably didn't get the job because of my lack of experience with graphic design and digital art in general. I'm not that upset about it and actually feel relived that I don't have to think about it anymore.

But I have other things to think about. I have to go get a painting from one gallery, frame it, and take it to another gallery for an Art Association show. And I still don't know if I won that contest yet! :waiting:

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job but I'm glad to hear that you're not too upset about it.

I'l keep my fingers crossed for the contest! :)

I didn't win the contest, but I was in the Top 3! So that makes me feel good, knowing that I was actually a contender and not wasting my time. I'm going to do it again next year.

I'm 31 years old with female friends and co-workers close in age. Yet, I still call them "girls". Not women or ladies. Girls.

Er, am I alone in doing this? I've noticed other women do this, but it still doesn't sound good.

I try not to. But I live in an area where men of a certain age and almost all women refer to strangers as "dear", so it's an uphill go. It's also a challenge sometimes to think "man" instead of "guy".

I'm 31 years old with female friends and co-workers close in age. Yet, I still call them "girls". Not women or ladies. Girls.

Er, am I alone in doing this? I've noticed other women do this, but it still doesn't sound good.

At least you don't call them gals. That always sets my teeth on edge. :no:

Back
Top Bottom