Your Turn ONS for the opposite sex/gender of choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, 'childish and mature' points....

Now, I have always wondered

why do guys get scarred about ambitious women?
I never got that. I understand the "well, what do I have to offer her?" thing, and I have felt that myself.
But... I don't know. I look at it as - hey, this is a person who has a direction and knows where he/she wants to go in life. I like character traits like that.

another turn on - sophistication...

I... have always found a woman
much more attractive
than a "girl"

I don't quite understand that yet, not completely. But I have always put a high standard on maturity, etc...

So a friend just showed me this article about how what couples should look for is someone their "voltage type"-ie, the intensity with which you throw yourself into life. That really struck me. I'm thinking i need someone fairly high voltage. :flirt: :D Life ain't a dress rehersal.

Sherry Darling said:
So a friend just showed me this article about how what couples should look for is someone their "voltage type"-ie, the intensity with which you throw yourself into life. That really struck me. I'm thinking i need someone fairly high voltage. :flirt: :D Life ain't a dress rehersal.

I would love to electrocute you.

:sexywink:

For Honor said:
I understand the "well, what do I have to offer her?" thing, and I have felt that myself.

And for any guy who asks himself that question, all I'd say is that as long as you're basically a good person, and you have your own ideas of what you'd like to do in life, and you are willing to love the woman and care for her and all that good stuff, I'd say that that's a pretty good offering :). If some girl doesn't think that's good enough, I'd personally say she's crazy.

By the way, I too will agree with the "childish yet mature" thing as well as the "book-smart" thing. I may have said this before, but no harm in saying it again-intelligent men are sexy :yes: :drool:...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

And for any guy who asks himself that question, all I'd say is that as long as you're basically a good person, and you have your own ideas of what you'd like to do in life, and you are willing to love the woman and care for her and all that good stuff, I'd say that that's a pretty good offering :). If some girl doesn't think that's good enough, I'd personally say she's crazy.

By the way, I too will agree with the "childish yet mature" thing as well as the "book-smart" thing. I may have said this before, but no harm in saying it again-intelligent men are sexy :yes: :drool:...

Angela

Suppose a guy has all of those qualities, but doesn't look like a Soap Opera, pretty boy hunk. Suppose he is ugly or average looking, with a big nose, a skinny face, balding and a beer belly. Is that a turn on?

Windmilllane said:
Suppose a guy has all of those qualities, but doesn't look like a Soap Opera, pretty boy hunk. Suppose he is ugly or average looking, with a big nose, a skinny face, balding and a beer belly. Is that a turn on?

Well, considering I don't really go for a lot of the "soap opera" buff hunky types, considering practically every guy I've ever liked has been of average weight and has had a big nose and skinny face and stuff like that, then he'd be all right with me :). And the balding...hey, it happens to some guys as they get older. You can't fault them for that. And the beer belly-some women do find that attractive, actually, yes :). I've seen many women wandering around town with guys who have the whole beer belly thing going on.

So in short, yeah, those guys still have a chance, too.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Well, considering I don't really go for a lot of the "soap opera" buff hunky types, considering practically every guy I've ever liked has been of average weight and has had a big nose and skinny face and stuff like that, then he'd be all right with me :). And the balding...hey, it happens to some guys as they get older. You can't fault them for that. And the beer belly-some women do find that attractive, actually, yes :). I've seen many women wandering around town with guys who have the whole beer belly thing going on.

So in short, yeah, those guys still have a chance, too.

Angela

Wow, I need to move where you live.

:wink: :)

Someone who is there for you without you haveing to ask

when you need them most, even though you realize you don't need anyone, but they are there anyway

Being demonstrative in showing how you care

:drool:

And I hate double standards, so...
I know I like to show it.

Hmm, maybe I should just say... Reciprocated reciprocation

MY Perfect Man:
Likes and enjoys U2 but not a fanatic.
From 5'7" to 5'11" tall.
Thick brown hair, trendy styled, but kept short.
Whitened and straight teeth with fresh breath. Brushes and flosses twice a day, visits dentist regularly.
Soft yet manly voice.
Educated, naturally intelligent, worldly knowledge.
Calm mannered, laid back, not obnoxious or cocky.
Naturally witty, not-too-over-the-top sense of humour.
Polite with good manners.
Respectable towards women, pets, and children above the rest.
Good relationship with family, therefore good family values.
Not obese, not underweight. Muscles are optional, not preferred.
Excellent personal hygiene. No BO, unruly hair, dirt under nails, etc, hair kept short, nails clean and trimmed.
Evenly tanned skin, no farmers tan.
Well dressed, casual yet trendy. Banana Republic style.
No overdosage on cologne, expensive yet used sparingly.
Neat, house is clean and organized. No slobs!
Must know how to cook, do laundry, and do other housework.
Income has to be over $40,000 (to help support our family).
Warm sensuality, sexual charisma, attractive to other women.
Open to other cultures and religion.
Liberal in politics, not too Democratish or Republicanish.
No racism, prejudism, conceitedness, homophobia allowed.
Knows a lot about charity- which band goes with which cause.
Either a Christian or Catholic (because of my religion).
Excellent vocabulary skills (not too focused with foul or four letter words) with good spelling. I hate when guys spell "Definitely" "Defiantly" those are two totally different words with two different meanings!
Socially accepted if not admired. Popular but not full of himself.
Ambitious and always willing to learn new things.
Generous. I hate when people are stingy and selfish.
No alcoholic or drug addicts, gamblers or people out of control.
Non-violent. Does not hit women under any circumstance.
Has athletic hobbies, doesn't just sit around watching television.
Has authentic interest in life, and in me.
Self-sufficient, doesn't rely on others.
Sympathetic, empathetic, and slightly sensitive. No crybabies.
Strong and protective.
I hate to be weird, but the eyebrows have to be a nice shape.
Good in bed, and good kisser.

*Notice I didn't focus much on how much money he has or his parents have, or where he lives, or where he came from, or what kind of car he drives. Most girls do go for that and looks, but as you get older, you find out that most of the qualities you base your preferences on will be the most disappointing. Most men do possess these qualities, so it keeps a lot of options open for me. Although I prefer men who are Catholic or Christian, it does not mean I rule out all others.

xtal said:
MY Perfect Man:
Likes and enjoys U2 but not a fanatic.
From 5'7" to 5'11" tall.
Thick brown hair, trendy styled, but kept short.
Whitened and straight teeth with fresh breath. Brushes and flosses twice a day, visits dentist regularly.
Soft yet manly voice.
Educated, naturally intelligent, worldly knowledge.
Calm mannered, laid back, not obnoxious or cocky.
Naturally witty, not-too-over-the-top sense of humour.
Polite with good manners.
Respectable towards women, pets, and children above the rest.
Good relationship with family, therefore good family values.
Not obese, not underweight. Muscles are optional, not preferred.
Excellent personal hygiene. No BO, unruly hair, dirt under nails, etc, hair kept short, nails clean and trimmed.
Evenly tanned skin, no farmers tan.
Well dressed, casual yet trendy. Banana Republic style.
No overdosage on cologne, expensive yet used sparingly.
Neat, house is clean and organized. No slobs!
Must know how to cook, do laundry, and do other housework.
Income has to be over $40,000 (to help support our family).
Warm sensuality, sexual charisma, attractive to other women.
Open to other cultures and religion.
Liberal in politics, not too Democratish or Republicanish.
No racism, prejudism, conceitedness, homophobia allowed.
Knows a lot about charity- which band goes with which cause.
Either a Christian or Catholic (because of my religion).
Excellent vocabulary skills (not too focused with foul or four letter words) with good spelling. I hate when guys spell "Definitely" "Defiantly" those are two totally different words with two different meanings!
Socially accepted if not admired. Popular but not full of himself.
Ambitious and always willing to learn new things.
Generous. I hate when people are stingy and selfish.
No alcoholic or drug addicts, gamblers or people out of control.
Non-violent. Does not hit women under any circumstance.
Has athletic hobbies, doesn't just sit around watching television.
Has authentic interest in life, and in me.
Self-sufficient, doesn't rely on others.
Sympathetic, empathetic, and slightly sensitive. No crybabies.
Strong and protective.
I hate to be weird, but the eyebrows have to be a nice shape.
Good in bed, and good kisser.

*Notice I didn't focus much on how much money he has or his parents have, or where he lives, or where he came from, or what kind of car he drives. Most girls do go for that and looks, but as you get older, you find out that most of the qualities you base your preferences on will be the most disappointing. Most men do possess these qualities, so it keeps a lot of options open for me. Although I prefer men who are Catholic or Christian, it does not mean I rule out all others.

:lol:

xtal said:
Although I prefer men who are Catholic or Christian, it does not mean I rule out all others.

Its nice to know us Buddhists still have a chance :up:

Good God. I've never seen a list that long. She's going to be single for a while.

I know I'm picky. But funny thing is, I have been seeing a man who owns all those qualities!

I would rather be single than with the wrong person. I've seen how women's lives are turned upside down by having a relationship with the wrong man.

Big turn ons: Mystery, Passion for something good, Non-bitchy, Smiley face, Own style, Good taste in music, Sweet, Innocent, Good talker

:sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: I think I met the perfect girl, and lost her:sad: :( :sad: :( :sad:

Unfortunately- nice big tits don't come with round big perfect asses. It's either big tits with a small no ass or small no tits with a big ass.
Unless one of which is fake.

xtal said:
I know I'm picky. But funny thing is, I have been seeing a man who owns all those qualities!

I would rather be single than with the wrong person. I've seen how women's lives are turned upside down by having a relationship with the wrong man.

Hey, I just want to say that your list doesn't sound too unreasonable. I think those are relatively fair things to look/ask for in a man, and though I'm still a kid practically, I can say that I agree with most of it.

I generally am rather picky myself.

BUt as long as people compromise, I think that is a fair list. Everyone has certain uncompromisable things, I know I do, but other than that, I don't have any problems with a woman being picky or having high standards. I say this because I have standards, too, and also

Basically, because it's about being honest.

Everyone is not meant for everyone
I think any two people can fall in love, but...
Some people just don't click.

I have a great friend who is hot. We used to flirt all the time, and she was amazingly good at it. But I never kissed her at all. We were just from totally different worlds. I wish her all the best in life, and we keep in touch now that school is over. BUt...

we're just not meant for each other

And that is fine with me.

I would only want to be with with someone if we were really compatible. Not just because I feel an emotional connection with them........

emotion comes and goes with the tides

Big beautiful eyes that I can stare into, contiuously.
I'm not goint to say what else I might be doing......... :wink:

I also am fond of pleasant singing voices / speaking voices.
I used to have a huge crush on a lot of girls in chorus - and damn, I never knew that I enjoyed singing, otherwise I would have been in chorus, too.

The girl I mentioned above, who I flirted with a lot, was amazing, because she always knew how to use her voice. Especially when we were close, and she sort of whispered, or just said things in that right way.....:wink:

So yeah, knowing how to use your voice is a major, major, major turn on.

I got sensative ears, I tell ya. :yes:

Thanks, For Honor.
I will not compromise if he is a violent person, or is an alcoholic or drug addict. :no:

And these qualities I find in myself. So I cannot see how it's impossible. Unless people like to tread on other people's dreams in here....

I would like to elaborate on my previous post. Like everybody all I can go on is looks at first, as it comes to us first. Personality is as important to me as looks however it is last in the order because it is the last to usually be discovered. In no way do I feel look outweigh personality.

Though I will be honest in saying I will not be turned on by someone that doesn't tick those boxes. I don't feel anyone can begrudge me that, surely?

Back
Top Bottom