You Know, I'd Feel Better If

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Instead of my friends being supportive of me and telling me to go after this girl I'm friends with and I like, if they'd tell me I'd better if they told me its not worth it and that I should give up.

I just want to either move forward or move on, and its like everything is stuck in neutral.

Yeah...being in pursuit sucks. It's hard, and you never know if you're going to get hurt or a companion :shrug:

I don't really have any advice, just that I'm in a similar situation and it's frustrating. Hang in there :up:

I have the king hit of that situation and I earned a year as Schrodinger's cat as a result; asking and knowing is infinitely better than imagining and loosing.

Techie2000 said:

I just want to either move forward or move on, and its like everything is stuck in neutral.

then why dont you do one of those things?

Have you told her? You need to tell her. If you don't tell her, you are much less likely to ever get over it, because your mind will be forever occupied with what-ifs. You'll never know unless you go for it. You may get rejected and it may be the worse feeling in the world and you may just wanna die but, if you really think about it, you won't be any worse off than you were before, because you'll be not with her, just like you were. And if you get a flat-out no you will eventually begin to move on. It could take two weeks or two years to get over it, but it will be faster if you have a definite answer.

Go for it. Maybe things will go your way :)

Techie2000, whatever the move you're going to make is, make a move! Either direction... Don't be afraid, just do what your heart tells you, or what makes the most sense to you. Know it sounds a bit cliché, but it's the best piece of advice I can give you at the moment :) You can never know the outcome in advance, so as the poster above me said: 'Go for it!'.

The problem is, I already told her like months ago, and then started to move on, because she didn't want to, but then she for no apparent reason started talking to me a lot again and we became like closer and closer. It feels like she's interested and stuff, but I just don't feel comfortable re-addressing the issue.

Is she single? Maybe you should bring it up again. Or you could wait and see if she brings it up, since she knows you at least used to like her...but she may be afraid that you've already moved on, and waiting sucks. I say bring it up again, and if she's still not interested, then you know for sure it's time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom