Yeah, i kinda wish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i kind of wish i wasn't such a music dork sometimes. but i'm not content to listen to the same few bands over and over, or rely on mainstream radio to hear new stuff....

i wish i knew people who knew what i was talking about when i go on about certain bands. sure, there are plenty people here who have a clue, and i like b&c for that. and it's an extreme case when my roommate's answer to my enthusiastic 'the new barenaked ladies and joe strummer albums come out on the same day!!' is a " :der: who's joe strummer?".

i know people who are more music geeks than me. i'm not trying to act stuck up (even though i'll readily admit that i'm an elitist jerk when i want to be. and sometimes when i don't. but i enjoy it more often than not), i know i don't know everything.

and while i'm on this topic, what's with music stores pretnding to be 'alternative' sources for music (alternative to circut city, i guess) hiring complete morons? i'm willing to cut someone slack for not knowing greg graffin's solo album, but not knowing bad religion is a crime. and someone told me that another newbury comics (that's the store i've got probelms with. new england chain store) employed folks who hadn't ever heard of bad brains. now, i'd understand if someone on interference read this and didn't know either band because they simply don't listen to that music, but if you're working a record shop, i'd expect it to be basic knowledge....my expectations are too high.

this should probably be a journal entry or something. like i really need another post....:rolleyes:

I'm still sad about Joe.

And I'm good at being a music snob when I want to be :sexywink:

P.S. We're Sonic Fucking Death Monkey!

i think i should pull a zoney and change my name so all my posts arne't as obvious, and call myself sonic death monkey :) (kidding)

I'm still sad about Joe.

yeah me too. i pointed at my clash poster and glared menacingly when my roommate asked who he was...

Its like pushing shit uphill with a one straw broom IWB. We all know but a percentage of what music is out there, and sometimes what we know will overlap with someone else but consider the thousands of bands out that are not anywhere near commercial yet still available and anyone who looks a bit beyond the surface is going to find themselves a bit alone in their interests. Ironically, you're not alone. Many people have interests in bands who no one has even heard of, let alone know well enough to form an opinion on. too many bands with too much scattered interest is the problem.

I will never apologize for my musical obsession

it is an important part of my life

yeah it's an important part of my life, but i don't do anything else!!!

listening music
watching sports
drinking beer

not nesecarely in that order though

I lead such a full life :up:

For HMV all my hobbies were music based

REviewing cds/ Dj classes/ Going to concerts.....

I think thats why they gave me interviews

IWB I wouldnt say that those bands are really unheard of - I know them - and I live in Ireland - we live in the dark ages here as far as music is concerned I cant buy the cds I want - even if they had them in shops here I couldnt afford them but thats not the point - I had to search on ebay france & spain to see if ppl were seling the cds I wanted :down: And all the cds I like they only get one of them imported in and they cost about ?25 - like I can afford that! :tsk:

it's not that they're unheard of, it's just that the people who've heard are hard to find.

u2popmofo said:
How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?

im a student, not living away from home and cant even afford a new phone I had to sell stuff on ebay first :ohmy:

And I had to take out a monster loan as well as getting a job. :mad:

I wish I could afford cds :|

IWasBored said:
and it's an extreme case when my roommate's answer to my enthusiastic 'the new barenaked ladies and joe strummer albums come out on the same day!!' is a " :der: who's joe strummer?".

I feel sorry for people like that. How can anyone not know who Joe Strummer was? :|

I was thinking about this thread today. Actually I'm glad I'm that obsessed with music. I can't imagine life without it. I can't imagine having a bad day and not being able to come home and put on a record and start to feel better. I can't imagine how lonely life would be without some of the songs that have that magical ability to validate whatever insane emotion you're feeling. I can't imagine never having another of those moments where you close your eyes and you're just so lost in what you're listening to that for a moment you forget where you are. I seriously think I'd have gone insane long ago if not for all the beautiful music out there. :)

:drunk:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I was thinking about this thread today. Actually I'm glad I'm that obsessed with music. I can't imagine life without it. I can't imagine having a bad day and not being able to come home and put on a record and start to feel better. I can't imagine how lonely life would be without some of the songs that have that magical ability to validate whatever insane emotion you're feeling. I can't imagine never having another of those moments where you close your eyes and you're just so lost in what you're listening to that for a moment you forget where you are. I seriously think I'd have gone insane long ago if not for all the beautiful music out there. :)

:drunk:

I always listen to music - its great and suits every mood

And dont sya you have no friends :angry:

I have like one friend and me and her go out everywhere together - other ppl I only see very rarely - Im a loner :laugh:

I now have my new uni friend though he is hilarious :heart: My sister said we got along great like we knew each other years and he is taking me out to a gay night tomorrow at a club in town :lol: im excited but ill not meet any nice boys who are straight apparently

i don't have friends. and i blame this on the fact that i can't get along with people who have what i consider to be bad taste in music. but i don't know what i'd do with myself if i wasn't obsessed with music.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Yeah, i kinda wish....

arw9797 said:

I feel sorry for people like that. How can anyone not know who Joe Strummer was? :|

even my sister knows.

How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?

i don't.

We are all such dorks...a common theme here!

Hugs to all :hug:

I drive 4 1/2 in one night, and skip sleep, all to see a band no one in the wordl outside of my music world has ever heard of.

I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

Luckily, I am finally finding friends here in town, and the best part...they are music freaks too.

zoney! said:

I drive 4 1/2 in one night, and skip sleep, all to see a band no one in the wordl outside of my music world has ever heard of.

I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

Luckily, I am finally finding friends here in town, and the best part...they are music freaks too.

I would have gone with you Zoney.

zoney! said:

see, that makes perfect sense to me. i'd give you an envoius 'i wish i had a car so i could do that' stare if i was one of your employees.

well if music didn't exist

we'd all be debating colours or something

personally i think orange is the limp bizkit of the colour spectrum :down:

i do love music but sometimes i feel it gets in the way of 'serious' stuff

part of the reason (in fact, 99% of the reason) why i freakin' love this place is because everyone here is as passionate, if not more passionate, about music

yertle-the-turtle said:

Coke or Pepsi...oh never mind. :shifty:

yertle-the-turtle said:
part of the reason (in fact, 99% of the reason) why i freakin' love this place is because everyone here is as passionate, if not more passionate, about music

So true. :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
well if music didn't exist

personally i think orange is the limp bizkit of the colour spectrum :down:

i do love music but sometimes i feel it gets in the way of 'serious' stuff

i don't know, i like orange. or i happen to own a few orange shirts. i'm not sure how i actually feel about the colour.

wow. yeah that is boring...

well, yeah, i'd actually say 100%. oh and yertle, want me to make you a copy of this live dkm thing? i posted about it in your cheer me up io thread, i'll probably write some long journal entry about it...

zoney! said:

I know what you mean.

I wore my I Am Kloot shirt last week, and this exchange happened at LEAST five times:

Stranger: What's "Kloot"??
Me: Oh, it's the name of a band.
Stranger: Oh, an AMERICAN band, then.
Me: No, they're from Manchester, actually.
*awkward silence*

Then try explaining to people in England (the land where two hours is a very long trip) that you've seen the same band nine times and are traveling to two other cities to see them even though they just played in your city last week.

Everyone thinks I'm a freak. :sad:

I shouldn't have told them that I have a U2 tattoo either. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom