Yeah, i kinda wish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

I know what you mean.

I wore my I Am Kloot shirt last week, and this exchange happened at LEAST five times:

Stranger: What's "Kloot"??
Me: Oh, it's the name of a band.
Stranger: Oh, an AMERICAN band, then.
Me: No, they're from Manchester, actually.
*awkward silence*

Then try explaining to people in England (the land where two hours is a very long trip) that you've seen the same band nine times and are traveling to two other cities to see them even though they just played in your city last week.

Everyone thinks I'm a freak. :sad:

I shouldn't have told them that I have a U2 tattoo either. :reject:

It's not cos you're not local - people think I'm a freak too, and I have lived in Nottingham all my life! I guess there's just not enough people who really care about music in the world.

Last edited:
bammo2 said:

It's not cos you're not local - people think I'm a freak too, and I have lived in Nottingham all my life! I guess there's just not enough people who really care about music in the world.

We should meet up sometime.

Nottingham music freaks unite!!!

I LOVE I am Kloot

:heart:

Me, and the 2 new uni friends all have the same wacky taste in music excpet they looked at me funny when I said I like Petula Clark they hadnt heard of Downtown

we sang the Shoop Shoop song, various ABBA, The Darkness, U2, Electirc Six & er, Elvis & David Cassidy songs today :laugh:

I like new friends. I can now go to any club I like and not be restricted cus my other friends only like disco music. We are going to the 70's disco and the 80's disco next week :hyper:

IWasBored said:
i kind of wish i wasn't such a music dork sometimes. but i'm not content to listen to the same few bands over and over, or rely on mainstream radio to hear new stuff....

i wish i knew people who knew what i was talking about when i go on about certain bands. sure, there are plenty people here who have a clue, and i like b&c for that. and it's an extreme case when my roommate's answer to my enthusiastic 'the new barenaked ladies and joe strummer albums come out on the same day!!' is a " :der: who's joe strummer?".

i know people who are more music geeks than me. i'm not trying to act stuck up (even though i'll readily admit that i'm an elitist jerk when i want to be. and sometimes when i don't. but i enjoy it more often than not), i know i don't know everything.

and while i'm on this topic, what's with music stores pretnding to be 'alternative' sources for music (alternative to circut city, i guess) hiring complete morons? i'm willing to cut someone slack for not knowing greg graffin's solo album, but not knowing bad religion is a crime. and someone told me that another newbury comics (that's the store i've got probelms with. new england chain store) employed folks who hadn't ever heard of bad brains. now, i'd understand if someone on interference read this and didn't know either band because they simply don't listen to that music, but if you're working a record shop, i'd expect it to be basic knowledge....my expectations are too high.

this should probably be a journal entry or something. like i really need another post....:rolleyes:

i really liked this thread entry. i can relate. its a burden sometimes to have all this knowledge rattling around in your head. everyone comes to me with musical related questions. i'm like a walking jukebox or encyclopedia.
its cool though, i could be into golf instead.

Back
Top Bottom