Yeah, i kinda wish.... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 10:04 AM
i don't have friends. and i blame this on the fact that i can't get along with people who have what i consider to be bad taste in music. but i don't know what i'd do with myself if i wasn't obsessed with music.
__________________

IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:26 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Re: Re: Yeah, i kinda wish....

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797


I feel sorry for people like that. How can anyone not know who Joe Strummer was?
even my sister knows.



Quote:
How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?
i don't.
__________________

IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 09:04 AM
I wish I had more friends who understood why I love music so much.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:46 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,378
Local Time: 08:04 AM
We are all such dorks...a common theme here!

Hugs to all

I drive 4 1/2 in one night, and skip sleep, all to see a band no one in the wordl outside of my music world has ever heard of.

I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

Luckily, I am finally finding friends here in town, and the best part...they are music freaks too.
zoney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:54 PM   #25
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
We are all such dorks...a common theme here!

Hugs to all

I drive 4 1/2 in one night, and skip sleep, all to see a band no one in the wordl outside of my music world has ever heard of.

I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

Luckily, I am finally finding friends here in town, and the best part...they are music freaks too.
I would have gone with you Zoney.
__________________
arw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 10:34 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
We are all such dorks...a common theme here!

Hugs to all

I drive 4 1/2 in one night, and skip sleep, all to see a band no one in the wordl outside of my music world has ever heard of.

I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

Luckily, I am finally finding friends here in town, and the best part...they are music freaks too.
see, that makes perfect sense to me. i'd give you an envoius 'i wish i had a car so i could do that' stare if i was one of your employees.
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:15 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
yertle-the-turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: York, UK and Singapore
Posts: 11,750
Local Time: 10:04 PM
well if music didn't exist

we'd all be debating colours or something

personally i think orange is the limp bizkit of the colour spectrum

i do love music but sometimes i feel it gets in the way of 'serious' stuff

part of the reason (in fact, 99% of the reason) why i freakin' love this place is because everyone here is as passionate, if not more passionate, about music
yertle-the-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,378
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
we'd all be debating colours or something
Coke or Pepsi...oh never mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
part of the reason (in fact, 99% of the reason) why i freakin' love this place is because everyone here is as passionate, if not more passionate, about music
So true.
zoney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:39 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
well if music didn't exist

we'd all be debating colours or something

personally i think orange is the limp bizkit of the colour spectrum

i do love music but sometimes i feel it gets in the way of 'serious' stuff

part of the reason (in fact, 99% of the reason) why i freakin' love this place is because everyone here is as passionate, if not more passionate, about music

i don't know, i like orange. or i happen to own a few orange shirts. i'm not sure how i actually feel about the colour.

wow. yeah that is boring...

well, yeah, i'd actually say 100%. oh and yertle, want me to make you a copy of this live dkm thing? i posted about it in your cheer me up io thread, i'll probably write some long journal entry about it...
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


I tried to explain to some of my employees today who BRMC is , and why I drove up to Chicago to see them. I get blank stares.

I know what you mean.

I wore my I Am Kloot shirt last week, and this exchange happened at LEAST five times:

Stranger: What's "Kloot"??
Me: Oh, it's the name of a band.
Stranger: Oh, an AMERICAN band, then.
Me: No, they're from Manchester, actually.
*awkward silence*

Then try explaining to people in England (the land where two hours is a very long trip) that you've seen the same band nine times and are traveling to two other cities to see them even though they just played in your city last week.

Everyone thinks I'm a freak.

I shouldn't have told them that I have a U2 tattoo either.
meegannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:17 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
bammo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Posts: 5,660
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie


I know what you mean.

I wore my I Am Kloot shirt last week, and this exchange happened at LEAST five times:

Stranger: What's "Kloot"??
Me: Oh, it's the name of a band.
Stranger: Oh, an AMERICAN band, then.
Me: No, they're from Manchester, actually.
*awkward silence*

Then try explaining to people in England (the land where two hours is a very long trip) that you've seen the same band nine times and are traveling to two other cities to see them even though they just played in your city last week.

Everyone thinks I'm a freak.

I shouldn't have told them that I have a U2 tattoo either.
It's not cos you're not local - people think I'm a freak too, and I have lived in Nottingham all my life! I guess there's just not enough people who really care about music in the world.
bammo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:32 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2


It's not cos you're not local - people think I'm a freak too, and I have lived in Nottingham all my life! I guess there's just not enough people who really care about music in the world.
We should meet up sometime.

Nottingham music freaks unite!!!
meegannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:48 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
bammo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Posts: 5,660
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie


We should meet up sometime.

Nottingham music freaks unite!!!
bammo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,934
Local Time: 04:04 PM
I LOVE I am Kloot





Me, and the 2 new uni friends all have the same wacky taste in music excpet they looked at me funny when I said I like Petula Clark they hadnt heard of Downtown

we sang the Shoop Shoop song, various ABBA, The Darkness, U2, Electirc Six & er, Elvis & David Cassidy songs today


I like new friends. I can now go to any club I like and not be restricted cus my other friends only like disco music. We are going to the 70's disco and the 80's disco next week
Laura M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 02:04 PM
I'm listening to I Am Kloot live from Norwich over the phone now.
meegannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,934
Local Time: 04:04 PM
I like To You the best
Laura M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:40 PM   #37
New Yorker
 
HeadsOnSticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,088
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Re: Yeah, i kinda wish....

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i kind of wish i wasn't such a music dork sometimes. but i'm not content to listen to the same few bands over and over, or rely on mainstream radio to hear new stuff....

i wish i knew people who knew what i was talking about when i go on about certain bands. sure, there are plenty people here who have a clue, and i like b&c for that. and it's an extreme case when my roommate's answer to my enthusiastic 'the new barenaked ladies and joe strummer albums come out on the same day!!' is a " who's joe strummer?".

i know people who are more music geeks than me. i'm not trying to act stuck up (even though i'll readily admit that i'm an elitist jerk when i want to be. and sometimes when i don't. but i enjoy it more often than not), i know i don't know everything.

and while i'm on this topic, what's with music stores pretnding to be 'alternative' sources for music (alternative to circut city, i guess) hiring complete morons? i'm willing to cut someone slack for not knowing greg graffin's solo album, but not knowing bad religion is a crime. and someone told me that another newbury comics (that's the store i've got probelms with. new england chain store) employed folks who hadn't ever heard of bad brains. now, i'd understand if someone on interference read this and didn't know either band because they simply don't listen to that music, but if you're working a record shop, i'd expect it to be basic knowledge....my expectations are too high.

this should probably be a journal entry or something. like i really need another post....

i really liked this thread entry. i can relate. its a burden sometimes to have all this knowledge rattling around in your head. everyone comes to me with musical related questions. i'm like a walking jukebox or encyclopedia.
its cool though, i could be into golf instead.
__________________

HeadsOnSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×