Wishing my brother luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Well he passed the written exam for San Francisco PD and today he is going for the physical part (running, climbing over walls, etc...)

I really hope he get's in the academy and becomes a Peace Officer.

Mr. BAW said:
One question he must ask himself...is he willing to risk his life for the rest of us????

That was a question during my oral exam's years ago...is he???
Another question is, can he take the life of another if it was necessary???

Many, many years ago, I was training a rookie; he'd gone through the academy with flying colors, he was perceptive, picking up procedures and practices very well...one evening, I decided to inspect his weapon....my mouth dropped. His gun was empty!

I asked him where his bullets were; he told me that he hasn't carried any because he didn't think he could shoot someone, even if he had to!

I drove him right back to the station; I never saw him again...some persons are just not made to be working in that type of business...

So when I pose these questions, I'm doing so in earnest...being a cop is not what's shown on TV...I'm wondering if your brother has had his psychologist meeting; have they done the family background??? I wish him well...

Mr. BAW said:
Just think of all the red zones you can park in, the red lights you can run! :lol:

lmao!!

Its true.
My grandfather worked for the DEA on the mexican border and was known for generations to all the police officers.
Then my little bro became an EMT and later an officer.
Any time my family got pulled over and they saw the HOLMAN name on the license, they'de just give a warning.

I never took advantage, but this one time i was pulled over for following a police car too closely (w.t.f.e.)
and he ASKED me if i was related...i said yes,
and he gave me a donut...er i mean a warning.

True story.

Mr. BAW said:
Another question is, can he take the life of another if it was necessary???

Many, many years ago, I was training a rookie; he'd gone through the academy with flying colors, he was perceptive, picking up procedures and practices very well...one evening, I decided to inspect his weapon....my mouth dropped. His gun was empty!

I asked him where his bullets were; he told me that he hasn't carried any because he didn't think he could shoot someone, even if he had to!

I drove him right back to the station; I never saw him again...some persons are just not made to be working in that type of business...

So when I pose these questions, I'm doing so in earnest...being a cop is not what's shown on TV...I'm wondering if your brother has had his psychologist meeting; have they done the family background??? I wish him well...

omg...i think i just found my true calling...thank you Rick.

:drool:

but i really think id do better in forensics:drool: :drool:

Mr. BAW said:
No one tells a better police story than me....:wink: I've got the good, the bad, the blood, the guts and the glory! a few beers helps....:drool:

I would have a get together just to listen to you.
I would love to hear the stories.
I am a huge fan of reality police/detective stories.

:drool:

Ill buy the beer.

Back
Top Bottom