Why? Why? Why? :banghead:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
So my last boyfriend and I have been emailing back and forth for the last two-and-a-half weeks.

Wwe broke up about four months ago ... it was one of those sad break ups. I wasn't angry -- just sad about it.

We said we would try and be friends. When it ended I told him I didn't know if that was possible.

Anyway I just agreed to have dinner with him on Friday.

I am not quite sure what his motives are and for whatever
reason I am more nervous and uneasy about this dinner that I was about our first date.

I guess my philosophy is that people usually break up for very good reasons and that things rarely change enough to make second chances worth the effort.

So I am not going into this expecting anything. Yes, I miss him sometimes, but in talking with him, I am not sure things have changed enough in his life to warrant us giving it another shot.

:sigh:

try to relax, try to have fun just enjoying his company (i'm assuming that you do, or you wouldn't have agreed to see him), and at this point just try to find out exactly what's on his mind.

try to go into the evening with some sense of peace with where your head is at regarding him and your breakup - that way you will feel very confident and it will show.

and dress pretty. :D

You actually have a very grounded attitude. It sounds like you have come to terms with the relationship, and accepted it for what it gave you.

Being able to do that, allows you to take it for what it is. Having no expectations is a good thing. You definitely are strong in terms of knowing and accepting relationships and people around you, and I think its because of that solid grounding that allows you to be able to remove yourself from the "love" quotient, see each other as people, and I think you'll be able to keep that separation, not allow yourself to fall and you will enjoy his conversation, wit, intelligence...and walk away saying "Have a nice day" with a smile on your face and your head held high

And thats a good thing and certainly no reason to "banghead"

now here have a peanut dredged in salt.:drool:

This happened to me a few years ago - half way through dinner, I realized why we broke up in the first place - but that might not happen to you :D

Back
Top Bottom