Who here smokes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I smoked until June 17 last year. I stopped mysteriously and suddenly for no appareant reason.
:slant:
Haven't had one since. If I knew how I did it, I'd tell anyone who wants to quit. Funnily, I did enjoy smoking, too.

I used to smoke, and quit in the summer of 2004. It was hard, but I did it cold turkey. There are days when I crave it so badly, but I've been good, and have managed to stayed away.

interesting responses so far

please keep this serious though

I don't smoke (or ever plan on it), but i am genuinely curious about others decisions

Angela Harlem said:
I smoked until June 17 last year. I stopped mysteriously and suddenly for no appareant reason.
:slant:
Haven't had one since. If I knew how I did it, I'd tell anyone who wants to quit. Funnily, I did enjoy smoking, too.

I smoke and the only people I know who have quit succesfully have just stopped like that. Just one day, they didn't want to, didn't enjoy it anymore.

I am not trying to quit at the moment.

starsgoblue said:
Is it wrong that I adore it? I mean I really do. Feels like a luxury to me almost. :reject:

I feel the same way right now.

I'm Ready said:
interesting responses so far

please keep this serious though

I don't smoke (or ever plan on it), but i am genuinely curious about others decisions
How about some irony?

I quit because it was when "2nd hand smoke" was determined to be just as dangerous if not more for the those near me...I mean I smoked in the car, with the wife and 4 kids...that wasn't right but that was 16 years ago...the irony? now each of those kids smokes on their own!

I stopped for them; now they've made their own decision, albeit against my position, to smoke...all those years I coulda kept puffing away....:eyebrow:

smoker.jpg

Last edited:
I actually stopped smoking in the house when I got my cats because I didnt want them to breathe second hand smoke.

I usually stretch a pack out 7-10 days. Smoke quite a bit on the weekends, but not always every week day.

My dad dying of lung cancer (he was only 44) when I was a kid pretty much kept me from picking up the habit :yes:

guilty as charged.

I never smoke around my family....I never smoke at work. only when alone or out drinking. So i generally control it. I can stretch a pack out to a week (unless I am drinking). But I might drink too much.
:|

that's a topic for another day.:wink:

I do smoke ocassionally. I don´t smoke at home because my bf hates it and I don´t like the smell it leaves all over the place.

I mostly smoke when I´m drinking and when I´m stressed.

I smoked for a year and quit. Now I only smoke on occasion, like when I'm having a few drinks. I developed something of a bad taste for it after quitting, it's weird I can't even finish a cigarette now.

Back
Top Bottom