Whats your most embarressing Concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
The embarressing song thread gave me an idea......what is the concert you are most ashamed of, ones you hate to tell people you went to:yikes:

mine is probably John Mellencamp.....with my parents:reject:

f23788q69vp.jpg

My FIRST concert ever was a Bicentennial Bash at what was then called "Angel Stadium"... July 4th, 1976

Beach Boys; America, Santana...

"what was all that smokey haze surrounding the ball park????"

Not my most embarrasing but the following post was.....

Last edited:
Boris Grebenshikov who in 1989 was hailed as the "Russian Bruce Springsteen." I fell for it. :reject:

:lmao:

I once saw Irelands pride...no not U2(yes seen them but not what I am talking about) but the Cheiftans! Who hoooo what a barrel of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously they are really good, but I was kind of bored....until the double throated singers from Tibet came out then I was like:ohmy:

Mr. BAW said:

I took her to this!!!!! :lol:

i'm so slow...i just realized you and Bonos American Wife are together.........:coocoo: ha ha ha....which makes it even funnier that she posted her most embarressing concert the one you took her too.......................ha ha ha...god I am so slow:wink:

nbcrusader said:
I had front row tickets for Asia when they played at the U of Toledo basketball arena.

:lmao:

*points and laughs!

Wait a minute...just the fact that I know who they are means I should be laughing at myself too :reject:

Last edited:
Northeast said:

i'm so slow...i just realized you and Bonos American Wife are together.........:coocoo: ha ha ha....which makes it even funnier that she posted her most embarressing concert the one you took her too.......................ha ha ha...god I am so slow:wink:

yes, we are indeed one of the Interland married couples :wink:

David Cassidy was a Valentine's Day present so I feel a "little" bad laughing about it but it's still right at the top of my most embarrasing list :laugh:

STEPS :| I tell ppl I went to see them so its not embarrassing really I have also seen Westlife

The bad bit is I saw STEPs twice heehee

I have no shame

Bono's American Wife said:

:laugh: :lmao:

chieftains: :up:

I think I've never been in an embarrasing concert...
when I was 7 my dad took me to a Manu Chao concert :up:
When I was 16 I went to a Rock Festival (metal and punk music) :up:

and the greatest: My first (i hope) U2 concert in miami :love:

I can't feel ashamed :) (for now)

Last edited:
some of the older Aussies might recall Hush...all satin pants and smoke machines:up: I was there
I attended a show performed by a pink elephant and a giant hot water bottle...who's names escape me now ( I won the tickets and took a friend's little kids)
The Trinidad Cavalier Steel Drum Orchestra...I enjoyed that :dance:

the one and only concert I've ever paid a ticket for (other than school band concerts and stuff) is, wait for it

the Corrs.

I'm never going to live this down am I? I blame the Weatherkens.

U2zoogirl said:

:laugh: :lmao:

chieftains: :up:

I think I've never been in an embarrasing concert...
when I was 7 my dad took me to a Manu Chao concert :up:
When I was 16 I went to a Rock Festival (metal and punk music) :up:

and the greatest: My first (i hope) U2 concert in miami :love:

I can't feel ashamed :) (for now)

U2 was the best concert I have ever been too......blew my mind!!! I have seen other great ones though, last weekend David Bowie!! Great! Seen.....Pearl jam 2-3times...sting....aerosmith....rollingstones, jimmy page and the black crowes, ummm.......willie nelson 3 times (hugged once) warren zevon.......david byrne from the talking heads like 5 times, he is so GOOD! Mark Knopfler....chris robinson from the black crowes, gov't mule, derek trucks band, Dickey Bets, john Mellencamp....god there are so many more........

Northeast said:
my god, I have been to so many concerts I am having an overload trying to think of embarressing ones

Me, too. I am now remembering another extremely embarrassing moment in my concert-going career.

proclaimers.jpg

I guess mine would be Three Dog Night and Bachman Turner Overdrive. But you guys would probably mock me more for going to see LL Cool J. His opening acts were certainly embarrassing--Color Me Bad (long after they were remotely cool) and the Original Gospel Gangstas. My boyfriend actually fell asleep in his chair during OGG's set. They were so awful. :tsk:

Northeast!! you were hugged by Willie Nelson:ohmy: :hug:
I:bow: Willie
one of my life's regrets, that I didn't go "willie spotting" in Tamworth last time he was in Australia..

Three Dog Night???:scratch: did they play "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress"?...we used to dance in class to one of their songs??
"The Proclaimers" were in Australia for the Blues Festival last Easter. Gosh they participated in a funny piece of televison. It really looked as though they dropped a couch on them. Classic! I never worked out how they did that:lmao:

cass said:
Northeast!! you were hugged by Willie Nelson:ohmy: :hug:
I:bow: Willie
one of my life's regrets, that I didn't go "willie spotting" in Tamworth last time he was in Australia..

yes....Willie hugged me, he was so cool. My boyfriend and I have seen him 3 times now.....maybe 4? Anyway did you know after all of his shows...well the smaller ones he hangs around and signs autographs and stuff...anyway he grabbed me and hugged me, then the next show he pointed at me and waved:)...so exciting! Now only if Bono could do that:drool:

New Kids on the Block - My first concert too..my mom couldn't pry me from the railing from screaming "I love you Joey!"

C + C Music Factory :lol:

Kenny G *gag*

Ok, the bad memories keep coming. This Willie Nelson talk has reminded me of Embarrasssing Concert #3: Kris Kristofferson. I just happened to be passing by and was amused by the look of the people in line waiting outside (many very large motorcycle mamas who apparently were following him around the country) and I just had to buy a ticket to see what all the fuss was about.

Ah yes, those were the days...when I could afford to buy a ticket just because I was curious and bored.

he was kinda sexy :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom