what should my mate do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
A friend of mine is in a long term relationship.Last weekend he went out with the lads to a niteclub and met a girl there.They got on really well.....so well in fact that they ended up having a sordid little humping session in an alleyway:ohmy: Although he tells me he does not want to see this girl again he is not sure if he should clear his conscience and tell his girlfreind.I've advised him the first thing he needs to do is get his ass down to the STD clinic to get checked out:huh: Any advice that i could pass on????

Dont tell me he didn't use a condom. Geez.
I've yet to hear of anyone's quick shag being worth risking health and a happy relationship for. If your mate feels this way too, he would be best off amending his mistakes by coming clean, working on rebuilding the damage it is going to do to the relationship, getting checked by a Dr, and really working out why the hell he did it.

Angela Harlem said:
Dont tell me he didn't use a condom. Geez.
I've yet to hear of anyone's quick shag being worth risking health and a happy relationship for. If your mate feels this way too, he would be best off amending his mistakes by coming clean, working on rebuilding the damage it is going to do to the relationship, getting checked by a Dr, and really working out why the hell he did it.

boystupidboy said:
I've advised him the first thing he needs to do is get his ass down to the STD clinic to get checked out

yes, that needs to be done.

and what angela said too.

I think he sould get himself checked out then promise himself that he wont do it and don't tell her anything. One secret mistake is fine as long as he doesen't make it a habit it's never come out.

Nowadays not telling the other person anything is pretty risky for them. She needs to be told she is possibly putting her health at risk until he is checked by a dr. and knows if he is okay.

Yup..what granny said. If he's had unprotected sex with his girlfriend since that time, he's morally obligated to tell her so she can get checked out too.

And this guy needs to:

a) stop letting his willy be the boss of him

b) put a condom in his pocket when he goes to a club

c) figure out why he let it progress to a "humping session" if he's in a long term relationship

Bono's American Wife said:
Yup..what granny said. If he's had unprotected sex with his girlfriend since that time, he's morally obligated to tell her so she can get checked out too.

And this guy needs to:

a) stop letting his willy be the boss of him

b) put a condom in his pocket when he goes to a club

c) figure out why he let it progress to a "humping session" if he's in a long term relationship

So if your buddy is in the perfect happy relationship, what's the chance that he's already continued his physical relationship with his girl since his infidelity occurred last weekend??? I think this guy may be too late...

He'd best do what these women have said and that is get his nuts and pecker down to the clinic AND if his relationship with his woman is/was solid, she may forgive him BUT DON'T count on it....

Sometimes these scenarios are funny when the poster writes of "his friend or some guy I know...." when in fact, its themselves....is it you boystupidboy?????

:yikes:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
So if your buddy is in the perfect happy relationship, what's the chance that he's already continued his physical relationship with his girl since his infidelity occurred last weekend??? I think this guy may be too late...

He'd best do what these women have said and that is get his nuts and pecker down to the clinic AND if his relationship with his woman is/was solid, she may forgive him BUT DON'T count on it....

Sometimes these scenarios are funny when the poster writes of "his friend or some guy I know...." when in fact, its themselves....is it you boystupidboy?????

:yikes:
No way is it me! My mate is still racked with guilt and i think he may tell his missus.....i'm not so sure thats a good idea:(

boystupidboy said:

No way is it me! My mate is still racked with guilt and i think he may tell his missus.....i'm not so sure thats a good idea:(

Well, what if he got AIDS or something and then passed it to his girlfriend? Then he'd be guilty of cheating AND destroying her health forever.

Why wasn't he with his girlfriend, instead of with the lads? See, if he was with his girlfriend, this would not have happened. When you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, they come first instead of your friends. Obviously, the girlfriend trusted him with his lads to go out in the first place, so she must be a pretty nice girl to begin with. So I would say your friend fucked up big-time and doesn't know how good he has it.

boystupidboy said:

Someone seriously needs to give him a good smack in the head. Noone deserves to have their life on the line because of his need to get it on with someone. How old is this guy??

joerags said:
Why wasn't he with his girlfriend, instead of with the lads? See, if he was with his girlfriend, this would not have happened. When you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, they come first instead of your friends. Obviously, the girlfriend trusted him with his lads to go out in the first place, so she must be a pretty nice girl to begin with. So I would say your friend fucked up big-time and doesn't know how good he has it.

I disagree. I think that cheating is horrible, however, just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that he should always be with his girlfriend and never be with his lad. Everyone (even people that have been married for 50 years) deserve nights out with their friends. She doesn't have to be a "pretty-nice girl" to "let" her boyfriend go out with his friends. She would have to be a pretty horrible girlfriend to not let him, and he would have to be a wuss to put up with a girlfriend that decides what he is allowed to do, or not to do.

boystupidboy said:

In his early 20's,still too young to settle down IMO:huh:

Ok..Well it sure as hell doesn't give him the right to go sleeping around on someone! Sorry, but he's an idiot. If he feels tied down maybe he shouldn't be with her in the first place. This really skeeves me out.

spinninghead77 said:
I disagree. I think that cheating is horrible, however, just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that he should always be with his girlfriend and never be with his lad. Everyone (even people that have been married for 50 years) deserve nights out with their friends. She doesn't have to be a "pretty-nice girl" to "let" her boyfriend go out with his friends. She would have to be a pretty horrible girlfriend to not let him, and he would have to be a wuss to put up with a girlfriend that decides what he is allowed to do, or not to do.

:up:

well said.

U2Girl1978 said:

Ok..Well it sure as hell doesn't give him the right to go sleeping around on someone! Sorry, but he's an idiot. If he feels tied down maybe he shouldn't be with her in the first place. This really skeeves me out.

I agree, I wasn't really sure how to respond to that comment, as if screwing random girls with any assortment of STDs is the alternative to "settling down" :huh:

Dude, there IS such a thing as a NORMAL, committed relationship. We're not asking them to get married and buy a house.

Your friend is pretty damn immature if you ask me. The only difference between him and a three year old is that he KNEW what he was doing was wrong. :rolleyes:

Dr_Macphisto said:
I think your friend is FUCKED

is that a medical opinion Dr macphisto?

My question is if he was out with friends...did anyone tell him to toss an icepack on his crotch

Well, I'm not from your part of the world but maybe you should say something to him like, "It's blokes like you that ruin it for the rest of us who just want to go out for pints with our mates once in awhile and not shag the first bird with a face like a bag of spanners to kick up her knickers in some alleyway."

daygloeyes2 said:
Tell your friend to think with his other head.

In the past year, at least a couple of people of both genders have said something to me like "guys think some of the time with their brains and the rest of the time with other parts of their bodies." Sorry...don't want to turn this into a guy-slagging session, but I did think it was an interesting comment!

boystupidboy said:
In his early 20's,still too young to settle down IMO:huh:
that's such a ridiculous preconception that there's a minimum age at which you can settle down. it all depends on whether you've met a person you can envision yourself spending (in theory) the rest of your life with, or at least someone you want to be with for the unforeseeable future.

for starters, he needs to march himself down to a clinic and get himself checked out. then, he needs to come clean to his girlfriend, regardless of whether he contracted any diseases or not. she deserves to know.

btw, this isn't the first thread you've made in here about a "friend" of yours. is this the same friend you talked about before who hit a rocky patch with his girlfriend?

OnFire said:
Well, I'm not from your part of the world but maybe you should say something to him like, "It's blokes like you that ruin it for the rest of us who just want to go out for pints with our mates once in awhile and not shag the first bird with a face like a bag of spanners to kick up her knickers in some alleyway."

:lmao: You are so either a pom or aussie :up:

Angela Harlem said:

:lmao: You are so either a pom or aussie :up:

Fooled ya! I'm from Virginia, USA. I got the "bag o spanners" bit from boystupidboy in another forum (love that phrase), the rest I just picked up from watching Monty Python or the occasional PBS show.

Boy, I hope your mate has fessed up and taken a STD test by now, the rotter.

Back
Top Bottom