What puts the old bee in your bonnet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Please share, if you care, what pisses you off about your significant other. Past or present. Whatever your biggest gripe/s is/are, I'm wondering if I am at all unique lol. I doubt it, and I doubt gender has anything to do with it. Each sex has traditionally worse traits than the other, but all that aside, specifically what gives you the shits the most?

**puts on thinking music**
angela , you have to tell us your example, so we can tell you if you are unique or not.
**still thinking**
nope, can't think of anything. We've been together a long time. I think we sorted them out.
**still thinking though** I'll get back to you if I think of something.
I know!!!...when he trims his beard , he doesn't clean up after himself...but again that's by agreement, so I can't complain( except here) We have very defined roles.
He is reluctant to go to the doctor or dentist...but so am I.
In general for every foible he has, I think I have two. The blame game can get very messy.
:D

:der:
Hmm. I must be terribly unrealistic/have no concept of love then, to find certain things irritating.
It's just housework too Cass. Its not any blame game, just reality.

:shrug:

How about stuff that doesnt bother me? Certainly, making everything I say into a personal attack, even when it is nothing of the sort. And no, definitely not telling me what Im thinking, what I meant when I said something, and how cruel I am to say (or not say) that something; I mean, clearly, how can I not be aware that Im just being a complete ass, and just lying about my intent just so I can save face? Oh, and definitely not taking things entirely out of context, in order to support all of that :D :D :D

:rolleyes:

Its amusing because its dangerous. :laugh: I never said I wasnt petty.

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
Hmm. I must be terribly unrealistic/have no concept of love then, to find certain things irritating.

No, I don't think so - and I do find some things that Karl does/does not do irritating, but some of these things are semi-personal and I guess I don't want to highlight some of his less-than-stellar quirks. No, he is not perfect, but the good outweighs the bad. I KNOW I still do things that annoy him, try as I might not to. I certainly do find some things irritating, and I occasionally remind him that these certain things bug me, but also do my best to remember to thank him when he does it right (aka positive reinforcement). :) We try to go by that old saying, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres..." Patience is the first characteristic listed, and I think 'not easily angered' and 'keeps no record of wrongs' emphasizes that. It's not always easy, and believe me, that irritation does creep in, but love pretty much always diffuses it.

Well, my baby leaves the toilet seat up. I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me.

But that little fact was the end of a bad crush one of our friends had on Steve. As soon as she found that out about him, her crush was over! :laugh:

bonosloveslave said:
No, I don't think so - and I do find some things that Karl does/does not do irritating, but some of these things are semi-personal and I guess I don't want to highlight some of his less-than-stellar quirks. No, he is not perfect, but the good outweighs the bad. I KNOW I still do things that annoy him, try as I might not to. I certainly do find some things irritating, and I occasionally remind him that these certain things bug me, but also do my best to remember to thank him when he does it right (aka positive reinforcement). :) We try to go by that old saying, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres..." Patience is the first characteristic listed, and I think 'not easily angered' and 'keeps no record of wrongs' emphasizes that. It's not always easy, and believe me, that irritation does creep in, but love pretty much always diffuses it.

I agree with this.

I have also successfully trained mine to put the toilet seat back down. BOTH seats actually.. so the cats cant fall in :wink:

bonosloveslave said:
I do find some things that Karl does/does not do irritating, but some of these things are semi-personal and I guess I don't want to highlight some of his less-than-stellar quirks.

:up: Part of loving your spouse is being loyal to your spouse - refraining from trash talking to others. Not only have I refrained from this activity, but I have discouraged others from getting into spouse gossip.

That's not to say you cannot share struggles with a close friend. Seeking help and encouragement on matters that create a challenge in a marriage is a good practice.

there must be a grey area between naming an annoying habit and trash talking though

I guess the point is "Why tell about your spouses' annoying habit?"

To vent?
To disparage your spouse?
To seek advice and counsel?

A&C
I think it helps
someone, maybe
I know I learn
and have a good laugh
and maybe someone else realises
they are not alone

I don't think very many of us here disparage anyone
people who do that are asked to leave
It took me ages to come up with the one about hub's beard
it's the worst I could think of, I hope he'll forgive me for telling

:banghead:

bloody hell...i must have worded this wrong. though i dont really think so.
i dont want to hear everyone's marital problems. i am not after advice for myself. i am certainly not really interested in what someone else thinks the foundations of a good marriage are. i have one myself, but you wouldn't know it. i never said otherwise.
all i was wanting to start was a somewhat light hearted thread on what bugs you about your partner. if we want to be serious about this, i personally think anyone who denies there is something to irritate them is in some kind of denial. but that is not my place. i am not going to make judgements on anyone here. especially not knowing you all.

all this was for, was the stupid little things.
'my wife snores!'
'my husband takes better care of his golf clubs than me!' -sarcasm obviously.

really. i thought it was clear. i guess not.

please people. enough of the self righteous lectures.
i'm kinda insulted.

if you cant make some light hearted silly reply, dont say anything?

I just saw a great episode of Everybody loves Raymond.

I hope no one here cleans their toenails with a wire hanger :lol:
I dont blame Deborah for being grossed out! :huh:

We watched that one too, Sicy...and I said to Mom, "At least Dad never cleaned his toes with a wire hanger." :lol:

Angela Harlem said:
if you cant make some light hearted silly reply, dont say anything?
angie comes up with more sig worthy material than the entire nation of Russia

(this was not a slight against Russia, nor the people in it)

Angela Harlem said:
:banghead:

bloody hell...
all i was wanting to start was a somewhat light hearted thread

please people. enough of the self righteous lectures.
i'm kinda insulted.

i

:(
I'm sorry

if I had a significant other I'd better be able to answer this.

But to make harlema happy, I will say that one guy in particular always sings REALLY REALLY loud whenever a British pop-rock song comes on. In the British accent. No matter where the heck we are. :uhoh:

:hug:angie:hug: I don't see anything wrong with this thread topic. :)

I can't think of anything specific that Sam does that annoys me. He talks in his sleep, but I LOVE that because it's hilarious! There are always things that get to me when I'm irritable, but I like them when I'm NOT in a bad mood.

Oh, I just thought of one. Wearing white shoes with black jeans and a black shirt. SO WRONG. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom