what pisses me off....U2 in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
People in America seem to be able to see so many shows. U2 spent most of their time in the US playing hundreds of gigs, while Europe only gets a few. And after Europe they will return to America!!!
And when you live on a small shitty island in the middle of nowhere like me you can call yourself lucky if you manage one show.
frown.gif

No offence, but I really think that U2 should play Europe more often. I don?t want to offend any american U2 fans, hey it?s not your fault, but U2?s.

I need some comfort here....

Well I don't know if this will make you feel any better but I've only been able to see one show a tour (this time may be different though I hope!) since I first saw them on ZooTV. I've been a fan for 14 or so years, but my time and money has just never allowed me to see them more. This didn't help much did it?
frown.gif
<sigh> I wish they could play everywhere! Makes me feel like the US is greedy somehow, but I think we're just the cash cow for them.

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 06-27-2001).]

Originally posted by AM:
you think that?s the reason???
confused.gif

Yeah I do think that sometimes. One big country for 3 months of touring, one set of standards to deal with. My naive conclusion would be that it's 100 times easier than having to deal with each country's rules and regulations etc. I dunno if that makes any sense or even if it's true. I would think the travel expense would be less too, once they get going, not having to possibly justify cargo and whatnot at borders (if that even really happens??). And we've got quite a lot of big cities for them to pick from. Just a guess on my part really. It's the impression I get. I could be way off.

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 06-27-2001).]

awww. AM, I am sorry. I truly am.
frown.gif
I wish I could send you Adam tied up in a big red bow to make you feel better. But instead, I shall post in your honor a close-up of him from the best Adam/Edge pic I took from my U2 shows.
biggrin.gif

%3B%3C5%3A74432323%7Ego55%3Enu%3D3234%3E532%3E496%3EWSNRCG%3D3232355736826nu0mrj

Just think about how cool it will be when you see them at SLANE!!!
biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Back
Top Bottom