What kind of asshole steals? Honestly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! :shocked:

:crack:

Sorry about your bike imp. My da's truck got stolen in Montréal. Sucks pretty badly. But before he left, I took every single CD out of it, just to make sure.

And I got my skateboard stolen. It was right beside the patio door. I went inside the house for about 30 minutes. When I got out, it was gone. :(

That's really sweet of you guys, but I've got it all on my computer anyway. Every single one on that list was the actual CD though, so it's kind of irreplaceable. I'm going to try to replace them all by buying them though.

It really sucks because my CD collection is so important to me. Having the truck stolen is garbage, but if the CDs and my favorite jacket weren't in there, I don't think I'd be taking it as hard.

Anyway, 1700 dollars worth of albums gone. It's really nice of you guys to offer me all that, but I think I'll just start piecing the collection back together with one album every two weeks or something.

I wonder if full coverage insurance would take care of the albums, too? I could prove I had them because I still have their artwork and cases. Hmm...

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

I've never heard that phrase; what does it mean?

a tea leaf is a thief.

tea leafed is being robbed/burgled.

inmyplace13 said:
I wonder if full coverage insurance would take care of the albums, too? I could prove I had them because I still have their artwork and cases. Hmm...

The comprehensive portion of your auto policy's 'full coverage' is only going to pay for replacement or repair of the vehicle. You'd need a homeowner/renter's policy to have any of your personal property (CD's, jacket) replaced.

<---- :nerd: Insurance geek.

BluRmGrl said:

The comprehensive portion of your auto policy's 'full coverage' is only going to pay for replacement or repair of the vehicle. You'd need a homeowner/renter's policy to have any of your personal property (CD's, jacket) replaced. And assuming that you have a home/renter's policy, the good news is that you shouldn't have to pay your deductible twice - even if you're insured with two different companies, you're only responsible for one deductible per occurrence.

<---- :nerd: Insurance geek.

inmyplace13 said:
We have homeowner's insurance.

:hmm:

:lol: You answered while I was editing my original reply. Is your homeowner & auto carrier the same company?

<--- Brain dead... I just realized I didn't 'edit' my original post - I 'quoted' it. Doofus. :slant:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
A car burglary netted a lucky suspect the following...

One black Samsonite briefcase containing...
1 Minolta X-700 SLR
1 Olympus micro-cassette tape recorder
6 active insurance cases including but not limited to names, addresses, Social Security numbers, driver licenses numbers and dates of births...

Oh, did I mention the Retired Police office badge and ID?

Or the CA Private Investigator ID?

Yeah, along with one Smith and Wesson Model 10 with 6 live rounds and an additional 3 Speedi-loaders totalling 18 more rounds of .38 ammo...

Anaheim PD not recovered any of this stuff!

Speaking of insurance, I placed a claim with my carrier; the loss valued at $1,400+ but my Homeowner's deductible was $1K...I didn't want to hassle trying to find receipts, etc. for only $400 so I dropped it...

Here's the kicker..."Dear Sir - we're in receipt of your claim; you'll only be entitled to recover that amount of $400 which will be forwarded to you upon verification of your current property value...

"Let it be known that had THE VEHICLE BEEN MOVED the entire loss would be submitted under your THEFT COVERAGE...

My response to ***** Farm, "Next time expect my vehicle to be pushed onto the nearest highway...!"

:|

Thing is I don't have receipts for all those albums, but I do have their empty cases and artwork. I guess we'll see if that suffices. We found out our deductible is $500, if they indeed cover the CDs. That's manageable.

And I don't know if my homeowner's and auto is the same. I'd assume it is. Auto is Farm Bureau.

That definitely sucks, Mr B.

TALK ABOUT SHIT, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

#1 - DMP started his car this morning and it apparently sounded like a tractor....he took ours to work...my neighbor came up this afternoon and asked, "Did your boy get the work done on his car? he left some pieces in the street!" I walked out and found some bolts and clamps...looked under Ricky's truck, some ASSHOLE STOLE HIS CATALYTIC CONVERTER!!!!

#2 - This afternoon.."Hello...this is ******* Bank; did you authorize your use of your **** Visa card for an internet purchase of luggage??? Uhh, "NO!"

The bank intercepted the transaction when the "purchaser" entered an invalid Security code # and the wrong Expiration date....! What the FUCK is wrong with this world!!!

Where's my gun?

Well apparently the holiday season really brings out the best in people.

Sorry to hear about all that.

Had the cops come out and they took a Grand Theft report ... I had no clue that there was such an epidemic of thefts...Throw "Stolen Catalytic Converter" into your search engine, you'll be surprised as well....

The girl pulled up alongside Ricky's truck; the guy jumped out and laid between the two vehicles removing the CC; its obvious they chose a vehicle that had been parked overnight as the CC was cold to the touch...too bad it wasn't hot!

Anyway, my neighbor gave the cops a pretty good witness description of the two including the car they were in...we'll see.

Mr. BAW said:
What the FUCK is wrong with this world!!! Where's my gun?

:wave: Ooh, ooh!! I know the answer!

Originally posted by Mr. Baw
A car burglary netted a lucky suspect the following...
...one Smith and Wesson Model 10 with 6 live rounds and an additional 3 Speedi-loaders totalling 18 more rounds of .38 ammo...

:D :silent:

That is absolute shit about DMP's catalytic converter. :madwife: Assholes!

Last edited:
Time for some good news.

APD found my truck in east Austin. The only thing missing was my jacket.

I've got my truck back in the same condition I had it, as well as my entire album collection . Hooray.

inmyplace13 said:
Time for some good news.

APD found my truck in east Austin. The only thing missing was my jacket.

I've got my truck back in the same condition I had it, as well as my entire album collection . Hooray.

Excellent!

omg @ all these horrid stories!! :|

imp I'm glad you got your truck and CDs back.. that's great.

I cant believe someone stole Ricky's catalytic converter :| wtf.

Years ago my car was parked in my carport, surrounded by all my neighbors balcony's, and someone came in between the hours of 7pm and 9pm (like are you kidding me???) and smashed my side window, broke my trunk latch, stole my tail light, my speakers, amp, all my CDs, my tools, every single thing out of the car and damaged parts of the car. It was horrible. I felt so violated for so long after that. :down:

Thanks guys,,,as a follow-up, I can't find a catalytic converter anywhere...even the Nissan dealers are backed up on that year and model due to the rash of thefts throughout the OC....

On a good note, Ricky, Son of BAW and I worked all afternoon on getting the Xmas lights up...

I think it changed the mood around here, we sat in the garage and had a few beers, a few laughs and realized how important we are as a family....even a new catalytic converter couldn't do that....:heart:

God bless us, every one. :D :up:

Glad to hear about your truck & CD's, impy! And I'm glad Mr. B has learned the true meaning of Christmas. :lol:

Sicy said:
omg @ all these horrid stories!! :|

imp I'm glad you got your truck and CDs back.. that's great.

I cant believe someone stole Ricky's catalytic converter :| wtf.

Years ago my car was parked in my carport, surrounded by all my neighbors balcony's, and someone came in between the hours of 7pm and 9pm (like are you kidding me???) and smashed my side window, broke my trunk latch, stole my tail light, my speakers, amp, all my CDs, my tools, every single thing out of the car and damaged parts of the car. It was horrible. I felt so violated for so long after that. :down:

Ugh.

It's true, though. It's been almost two years since my wheels were stolen, but sometimes even now as I walk to my car I'll still check out my wheels first thing.

Back
Top Bottom