What I wish I could have been

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was little I wanted to be a nurse, an elementary school teacher, or a writer.

Turns out I don't like blood, being greatly outnumbered by small children, or writing to meet a deadline.

27 years and 1 degree later, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.

:crazy:

Mine is pretty simple.

From the first day I went to school and walked into the classroom, I knew that I wanted to be a teacher.
I can't remember ever wanting to be anything else.
So that is exactly what I am (doing).

Palaeontologist for as long as I can remember and appararently a bit before that, now I am sitting in 3rd Year of an undergraduate course getting ready to graduate and go on along that path..

Given the employment opportunities and my desire to makef money I think I will be better placed to get into micropalaeo than dinosaurs ~ I think I can live with delaying that fufiling but monetarily poor dream

Here's my list, in order:

1) Artist
2) Playboy photographer
3) Marine biologist
4) TV/film producer (where I'm kind of at now)

Nowadays, I have interest in industrial design, but I'm probably too old and too far in debt to try and pursue that. C'est la vie.

Melon

A teacher asked me in elementary school what I wanted to be when I grew up - I said 'a mom'. I finally worked my way up to being a full-time mom & it's the best job I've ever had. Hardest, but best!! :wink:

I once wanted to be a CSI or detective, but that dream has since waned...now I'm basically obsessed with politics and would like to someday work in that field, but we'll see. I've also toyed with the idea of being a lawyer or possibly some kind of doctor...maybe GI...who knows, I'm only 16 I don't have to decide such things quite yet. :wink:

I wanted to be a doctor, but then in my first year of college discovered that I was far too lazy to go to school for that long.
Now i have a degree in Sociology and want to do social work of some sort, but I have no experience so I'm having trouble getting intot he field.

I've always wanted to be an archaeologist... Inspired by Indiana Jones and stuff :)

Don't think I will be one for real, but archaeology and history still remain two of my great hobbies!

In order:

1. Astronaut (I still have memories of the Apollo missions)
2. Pilot (I did earn a basic pilot's license)
3. Aerospace Engineer (multivariable calculus did me in).

For the longest time growing up, I wanted to be a psychologist... now I probably need to be treated by one. :slant: :wink:

I also seriously considered going into radio; but then I realized I actually wanted to be able to live off my salary - go figure. :shrug: :D

I wound up working in 3-4 different aspects of the property & casualty insurance industry for 13 years. And now, I'm a retail sales manager. Have you sensed that I have absolutely no direction in life??? :tsk: :lmao:

I didn't become "aware" of a grown-up goal until I was about nine--I was just being a kid, but when I realized I liked writing creatively, I thought--no, I Assumed I'd be a famous writer when I grew up, just like that, no fuss, no muss. When I realized there is actual WORK involved, it completely deflated me!

I always wanted to be a pastry chef. Instead, I got a degree in literature and now I work in the finance world. The one thing I hated growing up was math and now it's all I do all day long :crack: :crazy:

I'm getting burnt out. I just may go back one of these days to be a pastry chef.

arw9797 said:
I always wanted to be a pastry chef. Instead, I got a degree in literature and now I work in the finance world. The one thing I hated growing up was math and now it's all I do all day long :crack: :crazy:

I'm getting burnt out. I just may go back one of these days to be a pastry chef.

I am sorry:hug: I think it is pretty hard to have a job you dont like. i wanted to be journalist, become one, then realized i wanted to work with a kids(My current job). Whos to say where the wind will take you.....

Doozer61 said:
whats a jackpop?

:giggle:

My first career aspiration was to be a quarterback (and yes, I'm a girl).

My second one was to be a writer, and nothing in my life has made me prouder than the fact that I've never lost sight of that dream. Next year at this time, I'll have my PhD in English (and a :censored: huge mountain of student loans to start repaying).

Back
Top Bottom