What do you think would happen if.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
....more people were honest with each other?

For example this lady that I work with at first really didn't like me. I could tell that she was the type that could see a line of crap when she heard it so I decided to just be honest with her. The other day she tells me that I am the first person to not be kissy ass with her. She also said I was one of the few people who would admit to making a mistake instead of B.S.ing my way out of it.

I know it all depends on the situation and the circumstance....but in the long run are we all better to just be honest with one another?

Honesty is the best policy.

If you're not honest evenutally it will come back and bite you in the ass.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I think the world would explode.

People say they want everyone to be honest with them but they are lying.

:|

Now I'm not saying it should be like the movie "Liar, Liar" the world would explode.
I'm just wondering what would happen if people would be a little more forthright with each other. Sure initially the other person's feelings would be hurt...but ultimately if you are mature enough to handle it, it makes you think...."Gee was this person right?"

I agree with you Daisy. I hate it when people can't tell me the truth...I would rather hear something bad instead of a lie. I don't want to hear bullshit to spare my feelings or whatever...just be honest. :|

Bono's American Wife said:
I agree with you Daisy. I hate it when people can't tell me the truth...I would rather hear something bad instead of a lie. I don't want to hear bullshit to spare my feelings or whatever...just be honest. :|

I agree completely. I feel like I am a pretty honest person but I think a lot of the time when people say, "Tell me the truth" they really mean, "Tell me what I want to hear".

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I agree completely. I feel like I am a pretty honest person but I think a lot of the time when people say, "Tell me the truth" they really mean, "Tell me what I want to hear".

Close. What they actually mean is "tell me what I want to hear and make me believe it's the truth." ;)

daisybean said:
....more people were honest with each other?

It's probably like when you start running for exercise. At first, its real painful, you can?t breathe and you feel like you?re going to die. After a while, you feel better, it is easier to do and you always sleep better.

I?m with Sicy on this ? honesty is the best policy. It means never having to watch your back.

Back
Top Bottom