What do WOMEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
Okay, so there is thread about what do men want.

So here's a thread about what do women want?

Seriously, I have no idea what women want.

Do they want men who make a lot of money? Do men have to be handsome? Do they have to have six-pack abs and a nice full head of hair? Does it matter if they are bald with pot bellies?

Us men need to know. We are very curious.

:)

I dont like young guys, they are immature.

I dont like old guys, they are fussier about looks.

I dont like in-between guys because they go for hot young girls

I dont like mid-between guys cause they are family men

I am not a money chaser.

I dont care what he drives.

I like maturity/sense of humour.

Cant stand 'gissa bit of ya luv' type titheads.

I hate football luvin guys

I envy men.

I dont really hate men, I just wish I was someone many desired.

but the secret is, things in common, best thing to hit it off with a guy.

:wave:

seriously? i just want to be happy, that is completely independent of whether or not i have a man in my life.

now, i will say this, i am 28, and have honestly never been in a serious relationship. does that make me dysfunctional in some way? perhaps. but i have plenty of interaction with men and women alike to feel confident that i'm not a sociopath, and i'm really good at communication (even perhaps too honest sometimes).

i'm honestly not "seeking" a relationship. for whatever reason, it has just never happened, and i'm okay with that, for the most part. sure, sometimes i wonder why that is, but it doesn't paralyze me in any sort of way. and honestly, i'm actually pretty happy at the way things are going in my life. i've got many friends who love me very much, and a family who loves me most of the time ;). i get to travel a lot, and i'm pursuing my doctorate. and, like i said, i do like to have some fun with the fellas. :sexywink:

like most women, i like to feel pretty and confident. i've no problem talking to guys, flirting, and having a little fun. now, i've dated every once in awhile, but nothing has ever progressed to something more serious and long term beyond that.

i'm not going to sit in my room and try to analyze the minds of the opposite sex all day long. some men's behaviors i do find questionable, but i do respect everyone as a unique individual, and try really hard not to make generalizations.

i'm independent, and love being free. i also have a fear of commitment, due to my situation growing up, so that might have something to do with it. but i still feel perfectly affirmed in who i am and my pursuits.

i want to be happy. women want to be happy. doesn't everyone want to be happy? instead of ripping out your hair trying to analyze yourself or the preferred sex, why not just go out there, meet people, enjoy yourself, and take life as it comes?

Okay, so there is thread about what do men want.

Seriously, I have no idea what women want.

Do they want men who make a lot of money? Do men have to be handsome? Do they have to have six-pack abs and a nice full head of hair? Does it matter if they are bald with pot bellies?

:)

Yes, women are shallow just like men. Of course. :wink:

Qualities for me include:
honesty, confidence, positivity, have an open mind to cultures and religion, friendly, someone I can just click with and not have to try hard to carry a conversation on with. If you can make me laugh, if you get my sense of humor, if you are interested in the same things as me, you are a good fit. Also, do not smother me and give me the space I need when I need it. Be there for me talk to, be there for me to confide in and if I need a shoulder to cry on, be there for me and do not try to fix my problems unless I ask for help.

If you can provide me with all that and more, you are the sexiest guy on Earth! :)

Depends on the woman.

Why does it all seem to boil down to money and looks in your book? All women want something different. I imagine that for most people, finding a man who is loaded is not high on their list of priorities. Financial security is nice but you shouldn't rely on finding a man in order to provide that. Looks are important. It's important to be attracted to someone. Does it matter if someone is bald or not? Can't say I'm bothered. If my man loses all his hair, I'd still find him gorgeous.

I want the person I'm with. He's perfect. For me.

As a 21 year old woman, I'm still figuring out what I want in a guy long-term. When I was 18, I was with a guy I thought I was going to marry, and that didn't work out. I haven't been in a serious relationship since then. What I wanted in high school or at 18 was different than what I'm looking for now. I think every woman is looking for something different in a man based on our unique preferences, backgrounds, current situations and dreams/plans for the future. Sure there may be certain universal qualities that nearly every one looks for in a partner, but it's impossible to definitively pin down what women want from men or vice versa. For example, one of my best friends recently got back together with her boyfriend from high school. She's not thinking about marriage yet because she's a pre-med student, but she says she thinks he's the guy she wants to marry. Her reasoning is because when she imagines the future, she sees what she feels is the ideal life for her, the big house in the suburbs, good jobs, and kids. She sees him as the type of man she "should" marry, in her words. That doesn't appeal to me at all. I have no desire to be with a guy who's perfect on paper and would want to lead a "normal" existence. Yes, I want a family in the future, and a career after college and all that goes along with it, but I don't want it to look like it does to most people. A guy who's only interest in pursuing the American Dream, so to speak, isn't for me. I don't want a typical suburban life with someone I married because I thought I was supposed to whom I grow to resent or outright hate after 20 years of marriage. I want someone who I can love and accept even with all his flaws and have him feel the same about me. I want a guy who's not afraid to laugh and cry and really express himself emotionally. I want someone who has a career and hobbies/interests that he's passionate about and that will improve the lives of others. (For the record, I want to be all of things too. I'm not expecting anything I wouldn't be willing do/be myself.). I want someone that will make me laugh and get my sense of humor, a guy who wants to carve his own path in life instead of following the one society sets for him as what a "man" should be. I want somebody who I can tell everything to and who will do the same in return and know that there's no judgment going on. I want a guy who's comfortable and accepting of all types of people. I want a guy who's intelligent and who has knowledge of the world around him. I want a guy who I can see around kids and know he'll be a good father. Maybe some of this sounds cliche and impossible, and I know that no one guy will have every quality on this list completely, but I won't settle for anyone less than someone I truly love.

A man who loves them and respects them.

:yes:
Although I married this and walked away. :shrug:

I guess I cant give much good advice except you need to show that you love and respect your girl every day. Silly little things like cuddling up on the couch, an unexpected kiss or touching the small of her back when you brush past really do make a difference.

I'd like someone who takes care of himself physically, financially, mentally, etc. I want someone who has a direction for his life, not someone who is clueless on what he wants. And a good sense of humor and intelligence are on the list, too.

Plus, if I had not made it so obvious in the other thread, I'd like a guy to not treat me like property and tell me what to do. The slightest hint of being possessive means you are gone!

Couldn't care less about money at this point. If I ever get married I suppose I'd want someone who at least is able to financially support himself, but "rich" is not important.

Obviously he has to be handsome to me, 'cause physical attraction to a big part of a relationship. But everyone has different taste. "Handsome" is truly subjective...I know women who think Brad Pitt is ugly! Personally I wouldn't go for a bald guy because hair is one of my favourite things on a man, but I'm 21. So unless the guy shaves his head that's not gonna be an issue for now anyway. Six-pack though? Nah I'd rather not. A "regular" body is fine by me.

As for what I want... I suppose I could list things, like intelligence, sense of humor, common interests (good taste in music is a must for me. not identical taste to mine, but enough overlap that we can introduce each other to new bands), the usual things... but ultimately I don't know what it is that makes me really fall for someone. It just happens. And I guess in my case it's often my best friend (which sucks)... so yeah I guess I want someone I can be close to, confide in, etc.

i don't know if there's, like, a list of 5 things that all women want. although I'm sure some magazines would tell you otherwise. but i really think it varies from person to person.

Perfection, damn it! I want perfection! :yes:

...and as soon as I figure out exactly what that means I'll start actively looking for it.

:D

I really like intelligent, passionate guys. Give me a guy that loves what he does for a living and is brainy and I'm all over it :drool:

A man who loves them and respects them.

two more things on my want list:
RESPECT and for him to accept how I look and love it. :)

This 100% :up:

You could start to name all kinds of material stuffs here or looks or whatever. But I just think for me it has more to do with immaterial things like you have to have the feeling like: damn, that guy's just it. I want to spend my life with him. I want to be with him. And that's something you have to feel and can't put into words. Communication is a VERY important thing to me, as well as for a lot of other women I think. If a man cannot communicate at all as to what he thinks/feels then the relationship will hit a rough patch at some point. Not saying they can or should be open like women usually can because, well it's two different species you know? But still. Being more open is something which can be learned.

Otherwise, if I do have to name a few things here: a man who respects you for who you are, even with weird quirks or whatever. Someone who wants to go for you the full way (and vice versa). Interest in the world/what's going on is also very important for me. Also, I hate it when there's men who just sit on the couch all day staring brainlessly into a television set and never want to go anywhere. Also, guys should pay enough attention to you. And as for role-playing or whatever, household and stuff like that should be divided 50-50.

And last but not least, just unconditional love, I think. If a guy would show (serious) interest in someone else or flirts around, it'd be case closed for me. Call me old-fashioned in that but I don't believe in these so-called bigamous 'open' relationships. Love is pure for just one person and it's an immaterial source which cannot be shared with someone else than the one you love.

Ok, apart from this deep stuff? I have an amazing and very good-looking guy with heavenly blue eyes which you can just drown in (which I do, frequently, drifting off :shifty: ) and who cares for me and loves me for who I am :heart:

Perfection, damn it! I want perfection! :yes:

...and as soon as I figure out exactly what that means I'll start actively looking for it.

:D

Ha, me too.

I'm not actively looking, my life is too chaotic at the moment to bother with that. But I do have a few things I'd like, for future reference.

I've been married before, and it would take almost a perfect storm of personalities and circumstances to make me go down that road again. In other words, I'm not holding my breath, and I'm perfectly happy with the thought of never being married again. In fact, I'm averse to marriage, but I suppose that could change at some point.

In a relationship, I'd like a man that's calm and drama free. Someone who has left any baggage behind. I'm sorry for what your ex did to you, but I'm a different person, and I deserve a clean slate. Someone who is fairly content with life, but still wants to grow and is open to new adventures and experiences, and can find wonder in them.

(OMG, this sounds like an ad for a matchmaking website, lol.)

I don't need wealth, but steady employment with a livable wage is a must. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder, and I find that I don't give classically attractive guys a second look, yet someone who is average looking can become very attractive to me as I get to know them. I need someone with a snarky sense of humour. Intelligence. We should share some common interests but not all. I don't want a lapdog, I'm very independent. I want someone to call me on my shit when necessary, and someone who will let me do the same. I want someone who will discuss problems and issues like a rational adult, and not let them fester and pile up, and then behave passive-aggressively as opposed to trying to solve them. Sexual compatibility is a must, too. Has to be at least socially liberal, I absolutely could not tolerate someone that didn't share the same views in this area that I do.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there's probably more. My list is a work in progress. :)

Eta - oh yeah, must love cats! :)

Back
Top Bottom