What are your fears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My biggest fears (in no particular order) are:

-to die in a terrible maming car crash that my dental records will be needed for.

-to disappoint.

-te be a failure.

-stairs, falling down them and cracking my head open.

-swings. (one time i was swinging well above the bar and the chain came off the swing and i fell 8+ feet onto wood chips.)

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Losing someone I love.

Drowning/Suffocation.

Spiders. (hate them more than I fear them)

Dogs. Sometimes. I have dreams that dogs are chasing me and biting me.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

that my husband or kids will be hurt in an accident

making a bad decision in my business

being in a bank or store during a robbery

speaking in public

falling down the stairs, which I have done

open curtains or blinds after dark...I don't like windows at night and I get totally creeped out if I have to walk past a dark window. I also don't like going outside alone after dark, even in my own backyard.

~family and friends dying

~strong winds

~spiders

~snakes

~being alone

~not being able to breathe

my daughter getting hurt in an accident, myself getting hit by a car while walking across the street(it almost happens every day), not being able to provide for myself and my daughter, not being able to find a job and move to a new home to start a new life soon, etc etc

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

I don't fear anything. Fear of something allows that thing to control your life.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

A lot of ones people already mentioned..

-car crashes
-suffocation
-spiders (tarantulas, especially)
-people who I love dying
-death itself

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by RavenStar:
I don't fear anything. Fear of something allows that thing to control your life.

Thats true in some sense.. although I cant say I let my fears control my life.

But there must be at least one thing that frightens you ?

Losing someone I love in particular, my mother
Never falling in love again and living my life alone

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

*Bugs (isn't that pathetic? i can handle ants and bees, but not beetles, roaches, spiders)
*Getting in a horrible car accident
*Losing my parents, brother, grandparents, etc
*Tornadoes and lightning
*Letting life pass me by...

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

icon30.gif
being in a car crash (i've already been in one and it wasn't fun)
icon30.gif
family/friends dying or being badly hurt
icon30.gif
dying a slow painful death or contracting an incurable icky disease, not a fear of death itself, just dying slowly and painfully
icon30.gif
being in a tornado

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

LadyLemon! We both said "tornado" at the same time! And we both live in tornado alley! lol

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Oh, I also have this fear of dying doing something I shouldnt. giving everyone would have a particular opinion of me.

And spiders

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Waking up one morning and realizing I never did anything I swore I would do.
Missed opportunities, you could say.

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Originally posted by ABEL:
LadyLemon! We both said "tornado" at the same time! And we both live in tornado alley! lol

That is soooooo funny abel. After you wrote tornado, I automatically thought "she lives in tornado alley with me in tejas....that crack monkey"
tongue.gif
lol. But I knew that would be one of your fears. You told me.

As for my fears:

-- A fear that I might be to emotionally dependant. (Hence I try to overcompensate and be to independent and detached some times, like a defense mechanism)
-- Horrible maiming accident or death that would require that I have a closed casket funeral.
-- Being with a group of girls some where like a club and being the only girl that guys aren't coming up to talk to. ( I know that is an odd one)
-- Feeling that I am not smart enough sometimes.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by ghetofabu:

-- Being with a group of girls some where like a club and being the only girl that guys aren't coming up to talk to. ( I know that is an odd one)

That's me all the time.

Mine are:

-Being alone

-Whales

-The ocean (the middle part of it, I guess because it's so deep. The movie "Cast Away" really, really scared me when he was just floating around out there. With whales.)

-Stuff that's bigger than it should be. Like when you're driving down the road and there's a giant cow thing or a giant bowling pin. I don't really have a fear of them, they just kind of scare me.

-A lot of social situations because I'm shy.

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

my fears:

* flying- more specifically, a plane crash

* getting cancer, or any sort of painful terminal illness
frown.gif

* never falling in love

* terrorism (living in nyc, it's kinda like i'm just waiting for something to happen)

* losing my parents (i'm an only child)

Originally posted by meegannie:

-Whales

Wait, so you're afaid of whales but not sharks? I used to want to be a marine biologist so I could be a professional whale trainer at sea world...heehee.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

-Never falling in love again and therefore not having the life I've pictured for myself-Husband I'm madly in love with, kids, white picket fence....

-Losing my parents or sister.

-Not living up to my family's expectations.

my biggest fear is losing the people I love, but I try to not dwell on it because life will eventually happen and I might as well enjoy the time we have together.

I've lost a lot of my other fears, like being a failure, not living up to expectations, never making anything worthwhile out of myself, never finding a good relationship or true happiness (because I think I am happy now and being happy is purely a concious decision). I'm sure with a little time, and all the things I've been blessed with I will determine where and eventually get where I want to go.

and my other stupid fears like I'm afraid of ticks, deep ocean water/lakes, centipedes, blah, blah, blah aren't really that big a deal
biggrin.gif

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...

Losing someone I love.

Dying a violent,painful death.

The ocean, boats.

Sharks, most sea creatures.

Lightning.

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Wait, so you're afaid of whales but not sharks? I used to want to be a marine biologist so I could be a professional whale trainer at sea world...heehee.

Large sharks are scary. Actually, anything large in the ocean is scary. Like giant squid!

I am not afraid of anything in this world,
except for;
snakes (i had one crawl across me while i slept when i was a cub)

and losing a loved one (my grandma passed away christmastime 200)

and I was on a 747 that the engine exploded on our way to Egypt a few years back, we had to emergency land to fire trucks but no media because we were supposedly secret

Tornados don't scare me anymore, as much. We had the BIFG ONE 3 years and one day ago that really fucked up a lot of people here, including my buddy that some of you met in Dallas and Austin. My dad and I watched one go right over our heads a year ago and all we did was take pictures and stand in awe looking up at this wonder of nature, looking into the fury, up into the reverse winds.

SICy afraid of dogs,
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom