What are your fears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot my biggest fear, that I will somehow lose my sure-thing lawsuit regarding my beloved red TA.
Why don't they just settle with me, with all the mountain I have stacked against them? Or as my attorney calls it, my smoking gun
frown.gif

--Dying alone and unmourned
--Never falling in love again
--Earthquakes (really unlikely where I live, but still...)
--Being kidnapped and raped or similar
--Big, scary dogs like Rottweilers

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

- giving in to expectations of what is the "normal" way to live one's life (house, car, 1.7 children) rather than going my own somewhat rootless way.

- losing my sense of dissatisfaction with the way the world works

- complacency

Sicy, the only thing that scares me even a little bit are churches. Either that or religious people who always try to "save" me. They freak me out more than they scare me.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

Found this quote:

Everything that is worthwhile in life
is scary.
Choosing a school,
Choosing a career,
Choosing getting married,having kids-
all those things are scary.
If it wan not fearful
it is not worthwhile.

Paul Tornier

1. Death
2. Getting an uncurable disease
3. Losing a family member
4. Not overcoming this crap I'm going through!
frown.gif

5. Being out on my own
6. What I will do after I graduate next year. ACK!

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Losing another parent or sibling.

Falling in Love/Not falling in Love

Not living up to my own and my family's expectations. I'm terrifed that things Im doing now and decisions I'm making are leading me down that path already.

Snakes

Getting to the end of my life and realising that I hadn't done the things I wanted to and hadn't lived it in a fulfilling way. That I had to taken the easy safe roads which prevented me from finding happiness because the risks I had to take were too scary. This I fear every day.

Losing another parent.

-Spiders
-Being alone for my life (no one to love and love me back)
-Dying in any way, especially cancer
-Having my friends or family die or get sick

"There's nothing to fear but fear itself.."

------------------
This device must accept any Interference received, including Interference that may cause undesired operation.

u2er@u2email.com

I am DEATHLY afraid of lightning, even if I am indoors. When we have an elictrical storm at night, I have to sleep in the living room, because there are no windows in that room.

Once, I had to drive home in a bad storm. By the time I got home (which was only a mile away, I was about 20 seconds from hyperventilating).

Originally posted by u2loopy:

I'm also afraid of the Ocean.
[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 05-09-2002).]

You know what? I don't like being IN the ocean (jellyfish, sharks, stepping on things, etc.), but I love being ON the ocean. I really like large boats/ships.

Originally posted by u2loopy:

And like *Ally* said, Terrorism. I work in NYC and everyday I come into the city thinking, what if???God Forbid!

This is a big concern where I work as well. Even before Sept. 11th, I thought about it a lot. I haven't really worried about it in a while, though, thankfully.

I am afraid of Fire. Ever since I was a little girl I was a fraid of our home just going up in flames while we were asleep. I'm 26, and I STILL think at night before I go to sleep that something may happen.

I'm also afraid of the Ocean.

And like *Ally* said, Terrorism. I work in NYC and everyday I come into the city thinking, what if???God Forbid!

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 05-09-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom