We're Moving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
At long last, after four years living in a basement apartment, my wife & I are finally moving into a "real" apartment on Wednesday! :hyper: After dealing with leaking ceilings, floods, mold, one lonely window, and no friggin' space to store anything(!!!), we're headed up to a giant apartment with a huuuge kitchen, tons of light, lots o' closets, a balcony, a gym, a pool, and assigned garage parking. :D

On the most part, we've actually loved living where we have. It's been really good to us----it did its job as our first apartment out of college, our landlord was very nice, and it had personality. Best thing about it will be the memories---it was the first place that Monica (my wife) and I lived in together. :love:

What kind of sucks, though, is that this past week has seen a renewal of the leaky ceiling, leaks from the fridge, and the claustrophobic feeling of an apartment filled with boxes----all kind of making it easy to leave this place with a bad taste in our mouths.

Still, I guess the good memories will be the ones that stick. Plus, it all makes it really easy to get psyched up for the new place!! Woo-hoo! Five more days!! :dance:

Irvine511 said:
congrats! you're moving from where to where? still in the city? out to Arlington?

We're moving from a basement in Glover Park (near Georgetown) to a building in Chevy Chase right behind Mazza Gallerie in Friendship Heights. We were hoping to head out to either Courthouse or Pentagon City, but nothing that we liked was available...or affordable! :)

Thanks, all, for the well-wishes! We still have a LOT of packing to do.....so I know what we'll be doing this weekend! :wink:

Utoo said:

We're moving from a basement in Glover Park (near Georgetown) to a building in Chevy Chase right behind Mazza Gallerie in Friendship Heights. We were hoping to head out to either Courthouse or Pentagon City, but nothing that we liked was available...or affordable! :)

wow -- amazing that Chevy Chase is more affordable than Courthouse. i've actually grown fond of that area recently, though more towards Clarendon. lots of good places to eat and drink, and all my friends seem to be moving out there as well.

are you buying a place?

Irvine511 said:
wow -- amazing that Chevy Chase is more affordable than Courthouse. i've actually grown fond of that area recently, though more towards Clarendon. lots of good places to eat and drink, and all my friends seem to be moving out there as well.

are you buying a place?

Nah, we're renting. We're waiting for the downswing on prices to come before we buy....:wink: This place is actually a condo that someone owns & is renting to us. The Courthouse stuff that we liked cost about the same as where we're going, but the Courthouse apartments were all around 700sqft, whereas this one is 900sqft. Not too shabby.

Courthouse is definitely a wonderful place. :yes: I'm hoping to start hanging out there more because a good friend of mine just became a manager at Ireland's Four Courts. Hoping to make that our "regular hangout" now....:wink:

Update:

We've moved in, mostly unpacked, and LOVING this place! Sunlight!

Thanks to all for the well-wishes! :wave:

Congrats - If you're like me when I moved from my parents basement to a top floor apt. you will spend a lot of time at first just hanging around the windows. I felt like a plant that gravitated towards the light!! :lol:

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom