Well my grandmother finall died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Well my grandmother finally died.

I had just enjoyed my first day of my senior year in high school, when i got home and my parents told me that she finally passed away. It's for the better, for her cancer was keeping her in so much pain and she couldn't really function on her own. Now i only have two grandparents left, my dad's mom, and my mom's dad, both of whom are also rapidly declining. What a week.

Last edited:
Mine passed some months ago. She was the only one I had and she lived very far from me.
I'm near you in the pain you feel, especially because I can understand you were so close to her.
I'll say a prayer for your wife and all your family.
Keep your memories of your time with her
LoL
Vale

My grandma isn't very well as well. It's hard to imagine someone so old who finally passed away. The longer we know them, the better we love them.

As Valentina said, try to remember all the good times.

God bless her.

:hug:

Marie

My condolences to you and your family. No matter how prepared for it you think you are, it's always a shock and very painful. Allow yourself to grieve and you will be able to cherish all the good times.

I'm so sorry U2dem, it's so hard losing somebody you love. Like Ive said before, I really do believe that we all get to be together again some day. :hug:

Do you do scrapbooking U2Democrat?

When someone dies I usually make a couple of pages of favourite photos, my feelings (and favourite memories and stories) about the person, a copy of the funeral booklet etc.

I find it cathartic to write it all down, as well as something to read when Im missing that person.

U2democrat said:
No i don't do scrapbooking, I'm visually artistically challenged...:huh:

So am I, but that doesnt stop me lol

I just paste lots of old photos and write about stuff.

When my much adored Grandfather died I asked my Aunt what was his favourite song,etc and I wrote that down, as well as my memories. And I had his wedding photo copied, as well as some photos of him in his youth.

Stuck it all together, and yep, its not going to win any prizes but its mine and I love it.

I will shut up now, sorry.

martha said:

This is the best part. I still crack up thinking of my beloved Grandma and how funny she was.

:yes:

What you keep in your heart really is the best part. Rick and I do wicked imitations of my Grandfather and crack each other up. My kids love it because he was such a funny old guy and its what they remember the most.

And I know he would rather have us laughing in his memory instead of sad.

Bono's American Wife said:

:yes:

What you keep in your heart really is the best part. Rick and I do wicked imitations of my Grandfather and crack each other up. My kids love it because he was such a funny old guy and its what they remember the most.

And I know he would rather have us laughing in his memory instead of sad.

Wicked = loving

I'm sorry. I've lost all but one of my grandparents. It's sad when they die, but you're relieved that they're through with their suffering. :hug: :hug:

My grandfather passed away in December before christmas...it was really hard but at least it's comforting to know that they are probably watching over us now

Back
Top Bottom