Weight loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Livestrong.com

It's free. Put in your age, height, weight, goal (loss a pound or two a week, etc)

Put in the food you eat. Be honest. It adds up calories (sodium, proteins, yada yada yada).

It will tell you how many calories you are 'allowed' per day. If you exercise, you add that in, It will show what you burned and hence more calories that would be allowed.

T'is how I have been losing weight.

You have to be honest. You have to measure things a bit. It's far simpler than it sounds. And it is THE ONLY THING that I have ever found that works.

Give it a shot.

And yes, they have a phone app too.

36 weeks in, 83 lbs down. Continuing trending in the correct direction. Half a pound til the least I've weighed as an adult.

Livestrong.com

It's free. Put in your age, height, weight, goal (loss a pound or two a week, etc)

Put in the food you eat. Be honest. It adds up calories (sodium, proteins, yada yada yada).

It will tell you how many calories you are 'allowed' per day. If you exercise, you add that in, It will show what you burned and hence more calories that would be allowed.

T'is how I have been losing weight.

You have to be honest. You have to measure things a bit. It's far simpler than it sounds. And it is THE ONLY THING that I have ever found that works.

Give it a shot.

And yes, they have a phone app too.

I prefer either Noom or Lose It, myself, but any of the apps are a really fun way to track and keep yourself accountable.

After the conclusion of Lent, I went back up 4 pounds to 162, but, I'm pleased to say, after I started tracking my calories on my phone and really digging in, I'm back down to 157.5, so things are going good. This weekend won't be a good one for eating right, but I'm not too worried, I know what I need to do, and I'm fairly good about staying disciplined most of the time.

I've been taking Green Coffee Bean extract pills for two weeks and they seem to be working. I went down a notch on my belt! I've also been trying to eat gluten-free food and cut back on sweets as much as possible this week, so that might be part of it, too.

Nothing happened this week. Neither gained nor lost. Eh, that's fine, right?

I really need to get into a fitness routine. My flat tire won't go away just by weight loss. I could weigh 150 - which would be underweight for me - and still have flab on my waist. I'm going to see if those fitness hula hoops work.

Down 85 lbs in 37 weeks. Size 40 waist pants were tight on me when I started. Just bought my first pair of size 34 waist pants as an adult. Starting to lift lightweight dumbbells at high reps to work on building some lean muscle. I've never felt this good about my body. I'm the lightest I've weighed as an adult.

I haven't weighed myself in about 4 weeks because I no longer felt like there was much of a point given that I was doing a very intense weight training program 3x/week (in addition to cardio 4x/week) so I was putting on major muscle and the scale wasn't moving. But here is the latest:

Week 0 - 162.2
Week 1 - 160.0
Week 2 - 156.8
Week 3 - 155.4
Week 4 - 154.0
Week 5 - didn't weigh myself (surgery)
Week 6 - 147.4
Week 7 - 146.4
Week 8 - 147.9
Week 9 - 147.1
Week 10 - 146.8
Week 11 - 146.4
Week 15/6? - 144.0

Pumped! That's 18.2 lbs plus my BMI has gone from 24.6 to 21.9. 4 more pounds would be ideal, anything more than that would pleasantly surprise me. :)

As soon as you start doing weights (of substantial weight), you stagnate on the scale but your body starts looking totally different. Just finished one month on a specific program, now I get to take a week off and then start the next month-long program. The key is to keep the body guessing.

I'm going to start adding back in weight training soon I hope. I've been doing only cardio, but I'm starting to get bored. Can't have that.

I'm still standing strong around 158, so I'm happy. If I didn't eat so much junk on the weekend, I'd be making more progress.

I fell off the wagon a bit, but I had a good reason. I'm moving this week and I'm celebrating, by eating the wrong foods. But hey, it's not like I eat pizza all the time. I'll get back on track later this week.

85.7 lbs down now in 38 weeks. My next goal is to be under 180 by the time I go to Cedar Point this summer. So I have 9 weeks to lose 5+ lbs.

39 weeks (3/4ths of a year!) in and I'm at 86.3 lbs down. Still going the right direction, albeit slowly!

Ah, I figured I didn't have anything to update here, but I do!

I'm down to 155.6, where I've been stuck for about 2 or 3 weeks now. The end of the semester has caused some nervous eating. But, at least I'm maintaining!

This brings me to just 15 pounds overweight now :hyper:. Sounds so much better than 50, doesn't it?

Yes it can. I've yo-yo'd for years. The difference for me personally this time is that I'm a numbers person and for the first time ever I'm using that to my advantage with counting calories. It's kind of a game/puzzle. Let's see how much I can eat while still fitting into the day's alotment.

I accidentally posted in the wrong thread about my recent weigh-in, so here it is:

On Sunday, I weighed in at 177, which is great. However, my waist hasn't gotten smaller, though my thighs have. Anyone know why this happened?

maintaining is a win, especially if you have managed to drop a decent amount

keep at it, don't slack off and bounce back up,
that can be my problem.

Yeah, I've certainly taken comfort in that fact. Today's weigh-in sees me still hovering at 155.2, which is OK, because it means I haven't gained weight, so I'm happy.

I accidentally posted in the wrong thread about my recent weigh-in, so here it is:

On Sunday, I weighed in at 177, which is great. However, my waist hasn't gotten smaller, though my thighs have. Anyone know why this happened?

I feel so much smaller, but when I measure my waist, it's actually larger than when I had my official work-measure last November. And it almost seems like every week I'm getting a higher number than the last. Maybe I just suck at doing it.

You don't always lose all your weight off of your middle. Sad but true. My legs are much smaller than they used to be, which I'm okay with.

The sad truth is you've probably lost some fat from your legs as well as some muscle. Unless you've been working them out. Generally when people lose weight, they also lose muscle.

I really need to lose my middle. Women aren't supposed to have love handles. Its a rule of nature in a way.

You don't always lose all your weight off of your middle. Sad but true. My legs are much smaller than they used to be, which I'm okay with.

The sad truth is you've probably lost some fat from your legs as well as some muscle. Unless you've been working them out. Generally when people lose weight, they also lose muscle.

Most of the working out that I do involves elliptical, so I would hope that's not the problem.

I really need to lose my middle. Women aren't supposed to have love handles. Its a rule of nature in a way.

Being a guy who has always had massive love handles, I can say it's not just a women thing. People in general aren't supposed to have love handles. :tongue:

As of today, I've now lost 87.1 lbs in 40 weeks. I wonder how many more pounds I'll lose based solely on a 2000 calorie-per-day diet. My guess is another 10-20 lbs over the next 7 or 8 months. And then I'll be right exactly where I should be.

41 weeks in. 88 lbs down. Feeling pretty good about this, guys.

:applaud:

To add to the celebrations, I have great news: right now, I am wearing a size 6 pair of pants. YES!!! I knew my size 10 gray pants were hanging off me and I had been losing a few pounds lately. So I grabbed an old pair and tried them on this morning. Holy crap, they actually fit! They're a little tight, yes, but so what?! I can wear size 6 again! Hooray for me! :happydance:

Awesome news :D

I started Karate classes last Thursday to give myself a little something different to do. We'll see how that goes. I'm still leveled off/above where I've been for the last 5 or 6 weeks now, so hopefully something kicks into gear sooner or later.

44 weeks in, 89 lbs down. At this rate, I'll probably hit 100 lbs down by about the New Year.

46 weeks and 90.5 lbs. Half a pound a week average over the last couple months. I'll take it. Saturday morning, I weighed 180.0 - not bad for being 6'2"! I'd still like to be 170, and at a half a pound per week, that'd take me almost until Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom