Weight loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to update last week, because we were moving into our new house.

Week 0 - 162.2
Week 1 - 160.0
Week 2 - 156.8
Week 3 - 155.4
Week 4 - 154.0
Week 5 - didn't weigh myself (surgery)
Week 6 - 147.4
Week 7 - 146.4
Week 8 - 147.9
Week 9 - 147.1

Had a blip of a week, which made a lot of sense because we were moving so we had to eat whatever we had in the house. Fixed that up a bit this week, back on track.

Also gone back to the gym this week. I am pretty close to my goal of 140 and my surgeon cleared me to start walking/jogging. Hopefully in another couple of weeks I'll be able to hit the bike and then little by little, weight training. Super pumped to get toned again!

Although I think BMI is kind of dumb, I just checked it. Started the diet at 24.7 (which is on the high end of normal) and now am at 22.4, nearing the midpoint of normal. :)

congratulations, keep up the good work, those numbers are similar to mine

June 7 = 172.6

June 14 = 169.0

June 21 = 167.0

June 27 = 165.0

July 4 = 163

July 11 = 161.4

July 18 = 160

July 25 = 158

Aug 1 = 157.4

Aug 8 = 157.4

Aug 15 = 156

Aug 22 = 153.8

that was back in 2005, as posted in the: weigh in here -----------------> i started in LS, that got moved

my BMI went from 25.5 to about 22.9

BMI is a good, if for no other reason than a measure and goal setting device.

a BMI of 30 would be good, if you started at 35.

Just tested my BMI. I'm at 28.6. Last time I did this was a few months ago, which had me at 29. Not bad, making progress.

Week 0 - 162.2
Week 1 - 160.0
Week 2 - 156.8
Week 3 - 155.4
Week 4 - 154.0
Week 6 - 147.4
Week 7 - 146.4
Week 8 - 147.9
Week 9 - 147.1
Week 10 - 146.8

Chugging along. :wave:

Slowly but surely. 30 weeks. 78 lbs. 32 to go. I want to weigh 160 by July 1st, 2014.

That would be really thin for you, no?

I want to pack on some muscle. Been running 5K the last 3-4 days so that's a really good sign with respect to fitness. The only thing that hurts is that as you start packing on the muscle, the scale doesn't move much, but the body fat % starts sliding down. I wish that there was a really accurate way of measuring it easily.

That would be really thin for you, no?

I want to pack on some muscle. Been running 5K the last 3-4 days so that's a really good sign with respect to fitness. The only thing that hurts is that as you start packing on the muscle, the scale doesn't move much, but the body fat % starts sliding down. I wish that there was a really accurate way of measuring it easily.

I'd be 160 lbs at 6'2". It would be the thinnest I've ever been and probably would get my body fat down around 10%, which is a goal of mine. My BMI would be about 20.

you probably won't get there
I had a goal like that once, to get back to my lean bean teen age frame.

of course, that was when i was in my late 40s, you are younger, you might.
that would be really, really lean.

btw, I have back slit and moved from my low of around 155 back up to about 170

if I did not weigh myself every day, I could easily go to 190, 200 with a terrible BMI, the older one gets, the harder it is, of course, we all have our excuses and justifications.

I'm at 187 as of today. That's 20 pounds I've lost altogether since I started!

Tonight, I'll try on my old pants and see what luck I will have. I do this every month and call this The Eternal Struggle (extra points if you can remember which episode of which show that is from).

Had a few weeks of no weight loss, but now I'm down to 161 pounds. Every bit I lose since I hit 163 is the lightest I have ever been as an adult. This is unreal to me. I looked at myself in the mirror today and just couldn't believe what I was seeing. :happydance:

OK, I know that weight fluctuates and all, but please share in my happiness with me for this moment:

I stepped on the scale today and saw 160.3 and I almost lost it right there....because....I always weigh myself with my shoes on. So, I took my shoes off and my phone out of my pocket and....159.2....Guys...that's it, that's the first of three goals. The, "I'm no longer obese (BMI-wise), just overweight) goal. I can't even begin to express my happiness, I just keep getting randomly giddy over and over again.

Tomorrow, or the day after, I could step on there and it will say something different, because of the fluctuation, but the simple fact is, for one shining moment, it was there, and it's what I need to know that I can keep going at this even after Lent is over.

It's so encouraging when you see the numbers go down.

Just don't weigh yourself too often. I do it once a week. I would weigh every morning but then I would go crazy obsessing over my weight then.

Exactly. I weigh myself either Saturday or Sunday morning each week. I keep track of it on a piece of paper on the fridge. Encouraging every time I go to the fridge to see that I've lost nearly 80 lbs.

Last night I was just thinking how routine my eating habits have become. So many things I do differently now than I did a year ago. And you know what? I'm fully satisfied with what I eat and never go hungry. Will power can be a bitch at first, but once you get to a certain point, it doesn't even take will power anymore. It just becomes the routine. I think the light at the end of the tunnel for me happened after about 4 months.

A co-worker just told me she can see the difference in me. I now have a mile wide smile on my face!

What works well for one may not for another. I get discouraged if I don't check my weight each day. I know that I'm not going to see huge improvements, and I may see increases, but I'd rather that then wondering about it every day.

Which, being the person that I am, I will.

So I tried on my old size 6 pants and skirts last night. No, I can't zip and button them, although one I got close with but I could only hold in my breath just so much :wink: Maybe in April I'll get lucky.

In the meantime, I'm looking to buy a cardio hoop, which is a weighted hula hoop, to help burn off my flat tire. Sometimes I think even I managed to get down to size 2 I'll still have flab on my sides. Even when I was able to get into some size 4s I had that problem.

So I tried on my old size 6 pants and skirts last night. No, I can't zip and button them, although one I got close with but I could only hold in my breath just so much :wink: Maybe in April I'll get lucky.

In the meantime, I'm looking to buy a cardio hoop, which is a weighted hula hoop, to help burn off my flat tire. Sometimes I think even I managed to get down to size 2 I'll still have flab on my sides. Even when I was able to get into some size 4s I had that problem.

I may go see what a size 8 pair of pants fits like today. That's an amazing thing to me as I was a size 14 :uhoh:

Hey, so was I. I'm still kind of in denial that I was ever that size. I tell myself that I just big and overweight, but I was definitely obese. I was 207 at my heaviest which is horrible to think about.

But it is great to know you can wear a smaller size. Let us know how it all works out!

I went from a size 42 waist on my jeans to a size 36 being loose. Maybe once I hit 90 lbs, I'll graduate to 34 for the first time in my adult life. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was 36 when I was 12 even.

Well seeing as every post but one that I've made in this thread has been about how much I've lost, I'm pretty sure things could be assumed with how I post numbers. :tongue:

Hey, so was I. I'm still kind of in denial that I was ever that size. I tell myself that I just big and overweight, but I was definitely obese. I was 207 at my heaviest which is horrible to think about.

But it is great to know you can wear a smaller size. Let us know how it all works out!

Tried on three pairs. One fit great, one not so great and one not quite at all, so we're not there, yet, but it's there in the distance. I bought the pair that fit to remind myself how close I am :)

Congrats! And that's a good idea on the third pair :up:

Part of me wishes I kept my size 14 jeans to remind myself how far I've come. I should hang my smallest fitting jeans outside of my closet to motivate me more.

Forgot to come here and update last week and my next weigh-in is in 2 days so I better do it now.

Week 0 - 162.2
Week 1 - 160.0
Week 2 - 156.8
Week 3 - 155.4
Week 4 - 154.0
Week 6 - 147.4
Week 7 - 146.4
Week 8 - 147.9
Week 9 - 147.1
Week 10 - 146.8
Week 11 - 146.4

Doing a lot of weight training now (had personal trainer devise a plan). Feeling so good after coming home from the gym. I was getting shin splints on the treadmill so I moved to the Cybex Arc Trainer which I really love.

Back
Top Bottom