Ugghhh.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaguliaxo94

War Child
Hello all. Just another advice thread.

As you may have remember, about a month and a half ago I was expressing my grief I had over a break up I went through on here. Things are better now, and I'm looking forward to a new relationship with someone new, whoever that may be.

However, my ex is making things harder for me now. This Friday, me and bunch of our mutual friends are planning to get together, and I just learned today that he is going to be there. To make matters worse, he's only coming because his girlfriend is going, who he's been dating for about 3 weeks now.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm over him, but whenever I see him with his girlfriend I feel awkward, and maybe a little jealous. I don't know why I feel this way. I have no problem with her personally. I think I'm just jealous of his new RELATIONSHIP, not that a new girl is getting attention.

Me and him barely talk anymore, and when we do, it gets awkward. I've expressed to him that I miss our old friendship, but all he says is that he understands and that he's sorry. I think he just wants me to go away. Although he's openly accepting of me coming to him with problems I want to talk about, being that I've been having some emotional issues lately, I still miss our former, casual, fun friendship.

Now, don't get preachy, but we will be drinking on Friday. I know the dangers, blah blah blah, but it's spring break, and we're generally a safe group to get drunk with. The thing is that his girlfriend gets drunk a LOT, and he doesn't like it, since he denounces drinking. I keep having this urge to drink specifically WITH her, in order to make him mad/jealous, to see that me and her get along. I know this can't be right though, and it makes me feel juvenile.

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure she's gonna dump him soon anyway - she seems bored with him and not too interested, not to mention she's got so much more going for her than a boyfriend that's probably gonna dump her in 4 months, like with me and his other ex.

But enough about that. I just want to know what I should do when I see them and how to handle this situation. I really don't want him to ruin my night by making me upset. :huh:

This guy sounds like a real piece of work! :angry:

I'm sorry, hon--I just don't think he's worth all the grief and worry you've put into this. Go to the party, ignore him, hang with other people, and have a good time. And being a mom, I just have to say, "Be safe and keep your wits about you." :hug:

I'm sorry, hon--I just don't think he's worth all the grief and worry you've put into this. Go to the party, ignore him, hang with other people, and have a good time. And being a mom, I just have to say, "Be safe and keep your wits about you." :hug:

Thank you! :hug: That's what I intend on doing - keeping as far away from him as possible, and only talking to him when I have to.

And yes, we'll be VERY safe. :wink:

I would say the exact same thing. As far as trying to make him jealous, I don't think he is worth the effort. :hug:

I would say the exact same thing. As far as trying to make him jealous, I don't think he is worth the effort. :hug:

Thanks to you as well ! :hug: I honestly don't know I get so worked up over him all the time. He's simply not worth it. I think I just need to get over the fact that time moves on, what we had is over, it's all in the past, there's nothing I can do to change it, and that a new relationship awaits me in the future.

Thanks to you as well ! :hug: I honestly don't know I get so worked up over him all the time. He's simply not worth it. I think I just need to get over the fact that time moves on, what we had is over, it's all in the past, there's nothing I can do to change it, and that a new relationship awaits me in the future.

:hug:

:hug:

Well as you all know, Friday came and went. Luckily, he wasn't there, but his girlfriend was. We actually ended up talking after we "loosened up" a bit, and we both made it clear that we don't have anything against each other, in fact, we only think good things of each other. :) Me and her are becoming better friends and we plan to hang out again soon.

As for my ex, I actually ended up crying about him that night to another boy we were with. He had told the new girlfriend earlier Friday that she should enjoy the time she had with my ex because chances are he would end it soon, which I basically have to agree with. Nevertheless, this clearly upset her, making me mad at the boy for telling her this so abruptly. One thing led to another, and I basically ended up pouring my heart out to him about all of my frustrations I had about this past relationship. He was a big help, mostly because I never actually had a heart to heart with another male friend about this, and to hear a male perspective about this was definitely satisfying.

So in short, I'm friends with my ex's girlfriend now and I have high hopes for the future, not just boyfriend-wise, but just friend-wise in general. :D

Back
Top Bottom