U2-itis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWlondnr

The Fly
I bet 99.9% people here have U2 itis
i get it really bad

I'm guiltly of all of these:
*Mentioning U2 every day without fail
drive everyone you know mad because you always do the above

*Send death threats to people who bash U2 (last one i sent said "i'm gonna stab you with a sharp instrument :mad: ")

*Jump or have a frenzied fit of excitement everytime U2 is mention anywhere even when it's not the band

*Wake up and wonder what U2 are doing most mornings and envy the fact they are making rock music and you have to be in school by 8:30

*Almost lost the will to live cos you couldn't go and see U2

:|
What are your U2itis symptoms are you guilty of??

SWlondnr said:

*Send death threats to people who bash U2 (last one i sent said "i'm gonna stab you with a sharp instrument :mad: ")

Is that a joke? :|

I never have U2-itis. I never think about what they are doing. They don't think about what I'm doing I'm sure, nor would they even care. I'm not going to see them live. I like music and bands and going to concerts but apart from that they are normal folk at the end of the day. I spend my life thinking and doing other things. I'm sure when Bono is an old bloke he won't recall all those times he daydreamed about his fans. I used to like U2 though, that's why I come here.

Re: Re: U2-itis

Lara Mullen said:

Is that a joke? :|

:crack: i hope so. there's a line between being "nutty fan" and "raving psychopath". i believe there's something about stalking usually involved in the latter. tell me, swlonder - do you advocate stalking?

i don't have u2itis. i have felt nothing but various degrees of indifference (and during the ticket pre-sale fiasco for the first leg, pure hatred at times) for the last two years, up until about 20 minutes ago actually. for some reason i seem to think that at the moment i actually enjoy listening to the band again (i'm listening to "out of control" at the moment). i'm looking forward to seeing them live, but i'm only going because i've never seen them live. otherwise, i'd reconsider. i spent way too much on a pair of nosebleed tickets, i'm not complaining, that was just my rotten luck with ticketbastard. but the fact that there were even nosebleed tickets priced at 95 dollars is pretty sick if you ask me.

Re: Re: Re: U2-itis

IWasBored said:

:crack: i hope so. there's a line between being "nutty fan" and "raving psychopath". i believe there's something about stalking usually involved in the latter. tell me, swlonder - do you advocate stalking?

i don't have u2itis. i have felt nothing but various degrees of indifference (and during the ticket pre-sale fiasco for the first leg, pure hatred at times) for the last two years, up until about 20 minutes ago actually. for some reason i seem to think that at the moment i actually enjoy listening to the band again (i'm listening to "out of control" at the moment). i'm looking forward to seeing them live, but i'm only going because i've never seen them live. otherwise, i'd reconsider. i spent way too much on a pair of nosebleed tickets, i'm not complaining, that was just my rotten luck with ticketbastard. but the fact that there were even nosebleed tickets priced at 95 dollars is pretty sick if you ask me.

U2 strive to keep ticket prices low for their fans, IWB. Are you suggesting otherwise? :angry:

There's nothing wrong with liking a band but I think there's a point when people become obsessed. Life is for living. No offence but U2 don't give a rats ass about you personally. I bet that a lot of people on this board think U2 are money grabbing tea leaves/ don't really like them as much anymore/ couldn't care less. I doubt even 0.9% of them get U2-itis like that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2-itis

Lara Mullen said:

U2 strive to keep ticket prices low for their fans, IWB. Are you suggesting otherwise? :angry:

you're right!! i don't know how i could have ever implied otherwise! stupid me!!!

i'd also never imply that they were charging too much for tour shirts, either!

http://pix.stieglmayer.com/thumbnails.php?album=44

because we all know that 80 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a retro-looking thing. perfect for anyone who wasn't born in 1984, but wishes they could travel back to the UF tour without having to go to the trouble of inventing a time machine :up:

Chaaaa-chiiiiing

IWasBored said:

you're right!! i don't know how i could have ever implied otherwise! stupid me!!!

i'd also never imply that they were charging too much for tour shirts, either!

http://pix.stieglmayer.com/thumbnails.php?album=44

because we all know that 80 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a retro-looking thing. perfect for anyone who wasn't born in 1984, but wishes they could travel back to the UF tour without having to go to the trouble of inventing a time machine :up:

And, what about the suitably priced programmes? :hyper:
And the HTDAAB, multiple tour tickets, travel, the dvd, the 400 singles from the same album, the 23874892729374 different versions of the album? Bono would never put the album on sale in his hotel either just to make money. It's all about his fans. :) Don't forget to think about all the reasonable priced things you get for being the dedicated fan you are, Kimmie. :D

again! you're 100% correct!! u2 would never bilk me out of an extra 40 bucks for a crack at those nosebleed seats, either!!

maybe i really would deserve that sharp instrument, after all!!

I am guilty of the first only, mentioning U2 without fail at least once in conversation a day :reject:

a loooooootttttttttttt more than once a day recently............

SWlondnr,
I don't think you're alone (well, maybe regarding the death threats). The Interference server(s) have been bombarded the last few days, and I'd venture to say that most of those folks have a lot more zeal for U2 than IWasBored and Lara.

I mention u2 alot to my fiancee,mainly hoping she's got ticket's to croker as a suprise,but i know that dream is over,or at least i think it is.God i luv that women.

2Hearts said:
SWlondnr,
I don't think you're alone (well, maybe regarding the death threats). The Interference server(s) have been bombarded the last few days, and I'd venture to say that most of those folks have a lot more zeal for U2 than IWasBored and Lara.

Back in the good old days, when I thought U2 were the best band ever, I thought I was a huge fan but it never went as far as thinking about them and being envious before I went to school, sending death threats to people who didn't like them, losing the will to live because I wasn't allowed to go to POP. Just because the server has been bombarded these few days doesn't mean everyone is that obsessed. I liked them. I talked about them here. I loved going to see them live. Did I care what other people though? No, everyone in my family hates U2 and most of my friends could care less. Music is good, going to concerts is good. Having your life revolve around one band? I think that's pretty sad. I have a lot of zeal for an eclectic range of things, especially music, I still don't need to do those sorts of things to prove it.

claytons edge said:
I mention u2 alot to my fiancee,mainly hoping she's got ticket's to croker as a suprise,but i know that dream is over,or at least i think it is.God i luv that women.

:ohmy: your fiancee is multiple people??

sorry, i shouldn't laugh. i hear multiple personality disorder is a serious thing.

SWlondnr said:
I bet 99.9% people here have U2 itis
i get it really bad

I'm guiltly of all of these:
*Mentioning U2 every day without fail
drive everyone you know mad because you always do the above

*Jump or have a frenzied fit of excitement everytime U2 is mention anywhere even when it's not the band

*Wake up and wonder what U2 are doing most mornings and envy the fact they are making rock music and you have to be in school by 8:30

*Almost lost the will to live cos you couldn't go and see U2

:|
What are your U2itis symptoms are you guilty of??

Actually, many of the people here do share your zeal...they all seem to be in the Vertigo Tour discussions forum (which is really scary lately). The slightly less insane folks hang out in B&C or FYM or a few other places.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i don't suffer from any of these things, actually. although i thought the title said U2-tits. now that i DO suffer from :flirt:

:laugh:

Re: Re: Re: U2-itis

IWasBored said:

yes that was a joke and i'm not a stalker or a "raving psychopath"
maybe i'm what you a fan or maybe thats a light statement a "fanatic" but no i'm not a psychopath at least I think am not :| lol

I didn't think of that as I was typing
hmmm some people very perceptive minds :|
I think tits is something you'd find in a boozy Oasis concert :p

ps GibsonGirl you've got great taste, glad I'm not the only girl in the world who knows what a Gibson guitar is. Go up to your girl mate and go you "gibson guitar" the go "huh?" :huh:

in 1988 when Rattle & Hum came out on video I was at my most obsessive--I wanted to watch the video on Christmas Day when I got it, and I slept, breathed and ate U2!!:crazy:
I've since become much more sensible but I've been talking about them alot lately!:blahblah:
I do wonder what they're like at home, etc. esp. Bono. I've always had my head-in-the-clouds so this is not unusual. But I am rational enough to realize my limits, etc. It does bother me when people diss them without valid justification, but they're usually people who have a closed mind, etc.:madspit:

After seeing :bono: on tv speak about the Pope and looking very old, I realized I no longer wish to keep him on such a high pedestal. He's human and real. He burps, farts, picks nose(?)and I can no longer look at him like a demi-god!

But damn, he's still sexy...:drool: :love: :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom