U2 Bashers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWlondnr

The Fly
Hey I'm pretty sure U2 fans have had some stick for liking U2
I get remarks like "Oh them U2 are really crap dunno why they're still going"
Or they just take the piss and a lad wrote on my t-shirt "bono's gay" :(

Why do people hate U2 so much?

I personally don't care whether my friends like the same music as me. They can say whatever they like about the music I listen to, what's the big deal.

I am a bitter person now anyway and have no interest in U2 so when my friend says something negative about them I tend to agree.

Some people don't get why I like U2, and I don't get why they like Creed. I actually worry that there might be something wrong with them, because it is Creed after all. Then I realize that not everyone has good taste and I get over it.

I've been a fan for 20+ years :scream: and U2 have been absolutely reviled by some of my friends for 20+ years. I like to think that my "friends" don't have 2 brain cells to rub together and that I'm smart and therefore right.

Works for me! :up:

There's this guy at work who believes U2 is a goth band :censored: :scream: And I have to work with him!!!!!!

When I started being a U2 fan and bought albums in my hometown I'd be getting these weird looks from the people in the stores. They'd looke at me as if I was from another planet or something. As if they had never seen anyone who liked U2 and just couldn't comprehend the thought that U2 actually makes great music. :mad:

For a while I believed I was the only U2 fan in my hometown...

But now I have found 1 more fan...

I don't really care what my friends and family like/dislike as long as we all keep it to ourselves. I don't bash my mom's music so she doesn't need to be in my face about my choice. If they truly "hate" U2, or hate anyone/anything, that's a turn off and I don't really need people as my friends who hate things they've never experienced or hate people they've never met for no good reason.

to be honest... i don't care. Most of my friends don't like U2 and a few of them hate them, but it doesn't affect me, cuz there are things more important than that in a friendship and it doesn't mean I have better taste than my friends or viceversa. In fact... sometimes I prefer to date someone who doesn't like U2, maybe cuz I wouldn't stand to be with someone who agrees with me all the time :D...

Last edited:
My family has thought I'm insane for 22 years for being a U2 fan. I'm the only U2 fan in my family; in fact, I'm the only person in my family who likes any post-punk. Everyone else is into retro, jazz, and classical. Maybe it helps that I'm not really "obsessed", but just a strong fan. They tolerate my musical tastes, and I tolerate theirs, and everyone's happy.

Back
Top Bottom