Typical! Oooh soooooo Typical!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
I have this friend, Anita, who introduced me to a guy friend of hers a few months ago, but I never spoke to him cuz we were in this massive crowd of people swarming all over the place and talking to each other, and moving around, and speaking foreign languages...well, Anita and I went to the movies last week with a couple of her friends, and this guy was there, so we got reintroduced. So all of us saw the movie, went to a restaurant, and then frollicked on the beach for a while, racing sand crabs and all that stuff. Anyways, when Anita and her friends dropped me off at my car, this guy, who, btw, is nice, got good sense of humour, is intelligent, mature, and good looking, invites me to his going away party!! He was going back to Russia because of some silly Australian immigration law, lol if you've made it into Australia to live permanently, you've done the almost impossible!

There are a few ways to get permanent residency here:
1. Marry an Australian citizen (easier if you're a pretty Thai or Filipino chick)
2. Spend 6 years applying for a permanent visa ( extremely difficult)
3. Become a permanent resident of New Zealand and just hop on a plane and arrive here. (requires living in NZ for a time- ew!)
4. Come illegally on a boat and spend maybe the rest of your life in an Australian prison camp. (psychologically destructive)
5. Arrive on a plane and dissappear (very difficult)

So I went to his party on Friday, and it was sooooooo good! We talked and laughed, and I swear there was chemistry! But he had to leave today, and now he's gone forever!! I'm so frustrated. It's not every day you meet such an awesome guy. And when I do, he has to leave the country!!!!!!!!!!!! So bloody typical!!! I'm so sad now.

Someone at the party quipped, "If only you had met Dmitri a year ago you could have got married and he could have stayed in Australia!" Well maybe. Maybe not. But now I'll never know!I feel like I've just lost a great opportunity.

Thanks for reading my little tale
:sad:

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
Can you check out Russia for a bit?

That's what I was going to suggest.

Australia is an unfair country when it comes to immigration. But, there's nothing to say this Dmitri can't come back on a tourist visa again, is there? Or did he have a working visa?

Anyway, if there is chemistry, I'm sure he'd be ahppy to put up with NZ for a while just to get back to you! ;)

~*Buffalo*~ said:

That's what I was going to suggest.

Australia is an unfair country when it comes to immigration. But, there's nothing to say this Dmitri can't come back on a tourist visa again, is there? Or did he have a working visa?

Anyway, if there is chemistry, I'm sure he'd be ahppy to put up with NZ for a while just to get back to you! ;)

I so hope you're right! I reckon he'll be back one day, if only on a tourist visa. He didn't sound too optimistic about coming back permanently, cuz he'd worked here illegally for a bit. But I suppose you're right, if there was something, who knows what he might do? He said he'd keep in touch with me, and got my email address! Thankx for your comments, I feel a bit better now...:happy:

Back
Top Bottom