True Story. For half a decade in the 1980s I was a..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
cocaine/addict freak.:mad:

Scary time in my life.:|

I usually got it for free too.
I would date girls that dealt it. They would always throw free samples here and there.:huh:

After a time period my life was spiraling downward outta control..
I was running w some major players back in those days.
I saw that they were under survelence, in clubs, on the streets.
Next I could see that I was being watched too.
Ah Shit.

The thought occured to me, what if I was ever arrested for someting like this..?:huh:
It would kill my father, break his heart.
After a few sleepless nights I decided to quit.

I told these ppl I was leaving this lifestyle for a few reasons.

1-it was no fun anymore..they were being watched and so was I.
2- I wanted control of my life back again..

I -
-never got busted.
-never ratted on any one.
-never had to go to rehab.

I quit cold turkey.

I left town in the middle of the night quietly after some friends who were non drug users offered to move me outta state and live w them..
I never told my pappy why I had to leave so abruptly..
It woulda broke his heart.

A yr later most of the drug ppl I ran with were in jail.
My paranoia was not delusional.
Ive been clean for 15 yrs now.

The only addiction I have now are beautiful women .:)

diamond

Last edited:
thats an amazing story, diamond. im glad your doing better now.
sorta reminds me of when my mom used to do drugs when i was a kid, that was a scary time in my life too. she didnt care about what her kids thought of her, she pretty much did it in front of us. once in a while she would ask me to get her "stuff" for her from her bedroom. she quit several years ago, and then she had a brief lapse when she married her now exhusband in the late 80's. i hated every friken minute of it. as young as i was, i knew it was bad. one time, i must have been 16, i was so angry with her, i dumped every drug she had into the toilet and flushed it down. it was probably worth alot of money. but i didn't care, and it felt good. she's been clean for several years now.

You should be very proud of yourself Diamond! That's great! :) :yes: (Scary to think of all the things that could have gone wrong! :no: )

That's a hard thing to admit to your friends here...you should be proud of yourself. My story is pretty much the same, just a different drug, but I could never be that open about it.

thank you

your honesty with the issue will only help those who consider wandering astray in the future.

Thanks for all your kind words ppl..:)

Crusader-
I knew it was now safe to share w the statute of limitation laws expiring;)

Seriously though I wouldnt want any of the kids having to go thru the hell that I did..:|
I felt like "Julian" (Robert Downey Jr) in "Less Than Zero"on some nights..towards the end.

I also remember telling the major players that I was being watched, very empactically, and all they would do is scoff at me.

Later they wound up in jail..or dead, sadly.

DB9

Good for you Dave

Bono's American Wife said:
That's a hard thing to admit to your friends here...you should be proud of yourself. My story is pretty much the same, just a different drug, but I could never be that open about it.

Hey if you're clean now.. its all good! :D I'm not afraid to admit that I did the same as diamond for a while when I was like 24/25. I used to work crazy hours.. 3-midnite. That job stressed me out big time. The gang would all get off work and go across the street to have drinks.. afterward they'd bust the shit out in the parking lot. SO DUMB now that I look back on it. We could have gotten busted soo easily. It was more of a social thing for me, I cant say that I was addicted.. or did weird things to me or made me crazy. But not more than a year later I said yknow what.. this shit is nasty.. and threw everything I had away and never touched it again.

I still like lemon drops though :wave:

Re: Good for you Dave

Sicy said:

Hey if you're clean now.. its all good! :D I'm not afraid to admit that I did the same as diamond for a while when I was like 24/25. I used to work crazy hours.. 3-midnite. That job stressed me out big time. The gang would all get off work and go across the street to have drinks.. afterward they'd bust the shit out in the parking lot. SO DUMB now that I look back on it. We could have gotten busted soo easily. It was more of a social thing for me, I cant say that I was addicted.. or did weird things to me or made me crazy. But not more than a year later I said yknow what.. this shit is nasty.. and threw everything I had away and never touched it again.

I still like lemon drops though :wave:

For me its hard to talk about because I had kids while I was doing it. It really makes me feel like a piece of shit to think back on what could have gone wrong. From 19 to 23, I was a huge mess but none of my current friends or my husband's family knows about it. It took my husband almost a year after we got together to figure out why I never slept or ate but once he was on to me, I stopped. I slipped up a few times when I would associate with my old friends but I've been totally clean for 12 years. I took so many chances and could have easily ended up in jail or dead.

I also found out when I was 28 that I had a heart condition and my doctor told me that if I had kept using, I would be dead of a heart attack. :| It really is a stupid thing to do.

:up: Diamond (and BAW and Sicy)

Some friends of mine back in the 80's weren't as strong as you and ended up on the streets. I watched a good friend lose everything...his house, his Mercedes, his friends, EVERYTHING. Used to call me begging for $5 to buy cat food (which I knew meant he would spend it on crack, so I'd give him a can of cat food instead). I lost track of him...I wonder sometimes if he's still alive.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Re: Re: Good for you Dave

Bono's American Wife said:
For me its hard to talk about because I had kids while I was doing it. It really makes me feel like a piece of shit to think back on what could have gone wrong. From 19 to 23, I was a huge mess but none of my current friends or my husband's family knows about it. It took my husband almost a year after we got together to figure out why I never slept or ate but once he was on to me, I stopped. I slipped up a few times when I would associate with my old friends but I've been totally clean for 12 years. I took so many chances and could have easily ended up in jail or dead.

I also found out when I was 28 that I had a heart condition and my doctor told me that if I had kept using, I would be dead of a heart attack. :| It really is a stupid thing to do.

Everyone makes mistakes. The most important thing is that we learn from them and do something about them.. unlike joyful girls friend. :slant:

:hug: baw

You're all to be admired. The only error in making mistakes is to not learn from them. You are all such strong people. You should be proud of where you all are today.
:hug:

diamond said:
cocaine/addict freak.:mad:

The only addiction I have now are beautiful women .:)

diamond

a) and thankfully it only costs $1 to "meet" them.
b) yes and DIRECTV is aware of your piracy of the Spice channel!
c) a&b

:wave:

Re: Re: True Story. For half a decade in the 1980s I was a..

us3 said:

a) and thankfully it only costs $1 to "meet" them.
b) yes and DIRECTV is aware of your piracy of the Spice channel!
c) a&b

:wave:
us3-
can you say "toast"?
cuz..
thats what u now are..:angry:

thank u-

DB9

Diamond, you didn't have to share the information, but it's great that you put so much trust in this chatroom. Trust and comfort are two things that make life incredible, and finding them doesn't always happen. Fortunately, you did. ;)

I'm glad you made it....

Threads like this I think keep life in perspective. I guess it is like not sweating the smaller things in life I guess. Thinking that your life could be really a lot worse. Thanks for sharing. :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom