Too Late for Prayer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
When it appears that the black cloud has moved, another comes in...for the past 6+ months, our nephew has fought a cancerous tumor and the battle was won...he was a healthy 41-year old male, my #1 nephew...

Three weeks ago, he was released from doctor's care and determined to be cancer-free from those affected areas...

Last weekend, he experienced chest pain, difficulty breathing and overall discomfort..he returned to the hospital...we've learned that he has been diagnosed with Terminal cancer...

I confess that my nephew is HIV positive and the recent radiation all but compromised his entire immune system; he has fought the long battle but doctors report that his entire body has been affected...it will soon encompass his back, brain, lungs and vision....

The son of my older brother, #1 has fought a long battle; for the past 6 months, he was fitted with a coloscopy bag and was looking forward to having that device removed...then this...we are very, very sad...#1 and Doozer are extremely close; the news has affected the entire family...

I am hopeful that the doctors might be wrong; I again make a plea for prayers, if not for recovery, but for comfort and peace during the next several weeks....I don't know where the BAW's would be without your loyal support...

:sad:

Ohhh no, I feel so very badly for everyone in your family. Please know that I am praying for everyone involved that they are healed and well again.

Sending baskets full of good thoughts, vibes, and especially prayers.

:sad: what a heartache. it sucks to see someone suffer when you can't do anything about it, especially family.

i really do hope the best for your family. i'm praying for peace, comfort, and healing for your family :hug:

Eddie would always come to my house and beg my mom for a towel to wrap around his neck so he could be a superhero named Batman.

top.gif

These are the things I am thinking about tonight. Where is Batman when you need him?

martha said:
Man, you guys cannot catch a break.

HUG for all of you.

No kidding. That is unbelievable.

My thoughts with you all in everything you and your various branches of family are going through.
:hug:

Oh wow Im so incredibly sorry for everything that your family is going through :(. I am sending my prayers for peace and comfort :hug:

I have an aunt who entered hospice care a couple of months ago due to cancer. Before that it had appeared as though the cancer was gone but it came back and spread to her heart. Can completely understand what you are going through right now :hug:

Oh , I feel a loss of words for all that you and your dear family have been going through this past year. I so wish I could be of some help to you and your love ones. I would pray with all my heart, and soul that all of you will get through this difficult time. :sad: :hug:

Doctors have finally informed my nephew and his parents that he has 4 to 5 months to live...its apparent that radiation treatments will serve no use...we visited him yesterday; he maintained his usual humor and attempted good spirit but he confessed to have double and sometimes triple vision, symptoms doctors advised him to expect...the family has been in contact with several agencies and hospice to arrange eventual stay at home procedures...I'm certain he'll be much more comfortable there...

I know there are a number of medical- "in the know" here...I will try to get the name of the actual illness and see what comes up..

in the meantime, thank you for your continued prayers and well-wishes...Rick and family

Last edited:
Sending prayers and thoughts to you all. :( :hug:

I know exactly how you feel, my Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer 2 years ago. Its such a difficult and heartbreaking think to go through for everyone involved. :sad::heart:

Mr. BAW said:
Doctors have finally informed my nephew and his parents that he has 4 to 5 months to live...its apparent that radiation treatments will serve no use...we visited him yesterday; he maintained his usual humor and attempted good spirit but he confessed to have double and sometimes triple vision, symptoms doctors advised him to expect...the family has been in contact with several agencies and hospice to arrange eventual stay at home procedures...I'm certain he'll be much more comfortable there...

I know there are a number of medical- "in the know" here...I will try to get the name of the actual illness and see what comes up..

in the meantime, thank you for your continued prayers and well-wishes...Rick and family

I am so sorry for your pain right now....:hug:

:hug: I really don't mean to sound morbid...but I thank God that I had the chance to say goodbye to some of the loved ones I've lost. It tore me up inside to see them suffer, and it took awhile for me to push those images from my head. I try to remember the fun times. But yeah, I've also lost some loved ones without getting to say goodbye. As morbid as it sounds, I feel like being their, by their side, during this difficult time, was such a blessing.

I'm still praying for you all.

Back
Top Bottom