Too Late for Prayer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im praying for peace, love, and strength for you all at this time.

:hug:

My condolences to you all.

He sounds like he was a great person and it's reflected in the way all of you always act warmly towards everyone here. It speaks to the sort of family you are. I hope you find peace in each other this holiday season.

I know we keep thanking all of you again and again but the support you guys give us is so amazing, I guess we just can't say it enough.

Last night was something I wouldn't wish on anyone. I know we all needed to be together for comfort and to keep things normal for the little ones but seeing my family in so much pain just tore me apart. The look on my sister-in- law's face reduced me to tears the second we walked through the door and my poor brother-in-law looked completely shattered. He's the strong one, the one who never breaks down and he actually didn't while we were there but the look on his face said it all.

We had some happy moments too but mostly sad and really painful. Doozer and I cried together and that naturally turned into a moment of whispered jokes and very innapropriate laughter, which just makes me love her even more. She can make me laugh even when I'm crying my eyes out :)

We kept things as normal as possible for the little kids...Santa even paid a visit and it was nice to watch their faces light up and even watching the ones who screamed in terror at Santa was nice, lol. But we all felt what was missing and what the little ones in our family will only know from what we tell them...that their tio Eddie loved Christmas and loved his family and was such a huge part of all of us. We're going to miss him so much.

:sigh: :(

:sad: :hug:

Maybe just retelling stories of happier times with Eddie might help. Or putting together a memory album with stories, and you can take it out to share with the family and the kids so that his memory lives on. I know it's so soon, but maybe a project that all the family can contribute to. :heart:

:hug:

As Rick, Char and Ricky have said, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It has been a hard holiday season for us. I feel like I have been living in a fog and it is just now becoming clear. :(

Sending my prayers for you and your family. :hug: I don't know what else to say except that I'm thinking of you today and praying for peace for you all. :hug:

Again, thanks to everyone. The services are set for next Wednesday.

You know that hard part is that Christmas and Fourth of July will be tough for awhile. Eddie, his dad and his youngest brother were born on the 2nd, 4th and 5th of July. We always celebrated with a big family bbq. :(

Eddie was blessed with such a fine group of people around him in his last days :hug:

Take care and find joy in fine memories,...

Back
Top Bottom