too good for me????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
I met this guy in the illustration workshop... and I think he's really great, we started to date some weeks ago and he seems to like me too, we do the usual stuff: go to the movies, stay together at the parties, watch tv.

a pic of him :cute: (yeah... i can't help it :uhoh: hope that he never find it out :lol: )

36995894.img.medium.jpg

so.. the thing is... that sometimes, i can't believe I'm dating with him... I mean, I had been in so awful situations (related with men) this year that I don't believe that something good can happen to me right know, even less meeting a person like him. I can't help to feel that I'm not enough for him, I know him since college and now he's only 25 and he's already a well known illustrator (he draws a lot... he's amazing, and I'm not the only one who thinks that), he teaches in a private college, he lives alone and he runs his own agency with some friends, and he still has time to go to parties and have a good time. you may think that a guy like him would be a snob, but he's so funny, so warm, and is so easy to talk with him about anything... he has many friends, and I feel proud of being one of them and date with him. Sometimes, when we are drawing in the workshop I get embarrased when he wants to see what i'm doing , cuz i think that i'm not good enough and I don't believe him when he says that he likes my drawings :( ...

I'm a really shy person and I don't know why he wants to date a girl like me if he is so open and independent, there's a lot of girls with good jobs and their own places and he's with the one who still lives with her parents with a lousy job. I feel lucky, but at the same time I feel nervous cuz I don't know if I'm good enough for him ("what if he realizes that??")

i'm just starting my career and looking for a good job, and I want to show to the people I care (and love) that I worth it, that i'm a talented person and that they can fell proud me as I feel proud of them.

(not to be harsh, but.... I don't really see what's wrong)

It's nice of you to be humble, but if you want to be with him, then don't feel ashamed, feel proud that someone else sees something in you that they want.

i'm just starting my career and looking for a good job, and I want to show to the people I care (and love) that I worth it, that i'm a talented person and that they can fell proud me as I feel proud of them.

I don't understand - - why did you choose to put that at the close of your post?

(is it like...... you like what he has to offer, but you think it is too much for you, or too soon in your career?)

I'm trying to discern if this is about you, your career, him, or your relatoinship, or his career,... or how much of all of those variables, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe he really likes you. Maybe he has already found out that love is not about "being good enough for someone".

I agree with chizip

Don't leave in your mind too much, don't keep on questioning "I'm good enough?"
the reason why he calls you and gets in touch with you and spend time with you is that he enjoys it as you do.

I think you shoud behave well and treat him right -- so you'll never have to repaint for what you did and could not blame yourself if ever he decided to leave you behind.

He's with you because he likes who you are, he likes the important things about you

There might be other reasons you don't think you are "good enough", I understand that..believe me. But you are and don't forget it.

This very thing derailed some things that I could have enjoyed very much...

Please don't feel that you're never good enough for someone else, chances are if they're spending time with you, etc, they more than think you're "worthy" of their time and are probably wondering how on earth they got someone like YOU to spend time with THEM! :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Please don't feel that you're never good enough for someone else, chances are if they're spending time with you, etc, they more than think you're "worthy" of their time and are probably wondering how on earth they got someone like YOU to spend time with THEM! :hug:

Exactly! Don't sell yourself short just enjoy the happiness that you feel with this guy :hug:

Don't worry. He will come to his senses and realize what an ugly loser you are. He will meet a much prettier girl and dump you so fast you won't know what hit ya.

Sometimes, the truth hurts. You just have to find someone on your own level; someone who is just as ugly and is a total loser.

:wink:

I imagine what he likes about you are the same things we like about you. You are smart, funny, kind, and talented. That's a pretty good package and I'm sure he knows what a treasure you are. :yes:

Well, I don't know you or your partner very well, but from what you've said, I think that he really does want to be with you. If he didn't, he would have worked that out ages ago and ended things before he got in too deep.
You said you've known eachother for years, and if thats true, then he probably knows anything that might have put him off, and just likes you for who you are.
:hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:yes: you know in the end it's all perception. you seem like a pretty awesome person to me (you have a Kaneda icon, how could you NOT be awesome? :drool: ) but even if you weren't that great, I'm sure to someone you would be. If he's dating you and enjoying it he's not going to suddenly turn around and realize you're "not good enough" for him. There could be girls more attractive, talented, funny, whatever than you, but it doesn't matter, because he chose you, and to him, you are that most perfect person. No one is perfect, but one can become perfect in the eyes of another.

Windmilllane said:
Don't worry. He will come to his senses and realize what an ugly loser you are. He will meet a much prettier girl and dump you so fast you won't know what hit ya.

Sometimes, the truth hurts. You just have to find someone on your own level; someone who is just as ugly and is a total loser.

oh my... maybe... maybe... HE's BLIND!!!!!!! :ohmy: that's why he dates me!!!!!!!!

wait.. :hmm: he's an illustrator (like me :hyper: ) so he can't be blind :rolleyes: :wink:

now seriously:

hey deep :) : thanks for posting that pic :D... it always made me laugh... i bet that in a 500 years people will think that I was an hedonist nun (and a good illustrator, i hope) :D

looks are the less important thing here... not because I think that i'm a hottie or something like that, but I learnt to give looks the right place in any relationship.

For Honor... you made an important point, and to be honest, one of the most important things in my life is my career, and not because i want to be rich or famous :D, is because it makes me special, I mean, I can't imagine my life without my drawings and, maybe because of that, I've always been atracted to talented people... people that I can admire and learn something from them.

girlhappy said:
Windmill Lane, what is your problem anyway? Do you really believe that peoples value depends on their looks?

oh god please dont ask him that, he'll derail the thread and whine about how he thinks looks are more important than what's on the inside, blah blah blah...it will go on forever and ever and ever...:scream:

muggsy, i have the same problem...i tend to think the same way when a guy shows an interest in me.

Back
Top Bottom