Tonight I really hate people!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
I got a phone call from one of my friends there and he is in hospital.

Well actually I'll give you a run down of what happened today.

Today at about 4 I had 4 missed calls on my phone all from my friend and I didn't bother to call back thinking he was playing his usual stunt and only calling me because he wanted something. So I phoned him back about 30 mins ago and his speech was all slurred and he wasnt making sense so I assumed he was drunk and hung up - but he phoned back and told me he was in hospital with a broken jaw, nose, arm and leg and that he can't remember what happened today past 2 o'clock.

So he told me the story of what he can remember:

He was at university & he went for a drink at the pub and phoned his friend at another pub to tell him he was getting a taxi home - he then can't remember anything else except waking up in a really dodgy part of town.

From what he told me this is what we think happened: He got into the taxi and told the driver where he was going, his religion would have been obvious from this and his name also gives away his religion. Then he woke up in a certain estate in town where a group of men beat him due to his religion- he knows they used some sort of crowbar and the police and ambulance had to come but he cant really remmeber it.

So a taxi driver leaves a young guy to get beaten up just over his religion :mad: I didn't think religion was still THATimportant here - I am lucky we live in a mixed estate and this isnt a problem.

But I cant believe grown men would do this to him :mad:

Now I will never EVER ever get into a taxi again - my friend from school was assaulted by a taxi driver last year but that has REALLY put me off and now I dont want to go anywhere alone :crack:

I promised my friend I would see him tomorrow because you couldn't imagine how guilty I feel that I didn't phone him, he said he must have rang me jsut after it happened and he has been trying to contact me all day. :(

Hes getting emergency surgery tonight but he cant talk properly - I feel awful

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day though - I promised I would go with my sister to her diabetic consultant for her blood tests, then I told my aunt I would go and see her because she jsut got home after getting a tumour removed and I can't put that off because they say she doesn't have a long time to live and then I have promised to go see my friend in hospital. Then Im going out for a friends birthday then to meet an old school friend :crack:

Sorry for whining :reject:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
Religion is the worst creation of mankind. ALL of them are crap.

Im more worried about my friend than wheather or not religion is crap. Its not religion thats the problem, its biggots

Re: Re: Tonight I really hate people!!!!!!!

nbcrusader said:

You are not whining. I think any of us would be upset to hear that a friend had been attacked so viciously. I hope you can spend some time with your friend soon.

I guess its not jsut him thats annoyed me, its my sister, brother and mum being ill, my aunts dying and my friend has an aggressive brain tumour

:|

I am whining, sorry.

:hug: Lara :hug:

I'm really sorry that happened to your friend. I hope he'll be okay. It's horrible that people still see religion as someone that's a justification for hating people and being violent towards people.

that's not whinning at all. that's serious, and it really sucks. i hope your friend is ok :hug:

nbcrusader said:

People learn hatred for a variety of reasons, including hatred of religion.

I think people here use religion as an excuse, basically its jsut narrow minded idiots spoiling for a fight

:mad:

:hug: I'm sorry Lara. Please feel free to talk to us anytime. I hope your friend gets better soon, although I'm not sure there is "full" recovery (emotionally) from that violence. I hope you are able to visit him, I bet it will be good to see him.

you're in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear about everything. :( :hug:

People disgust me. I don't understand the human race one bit!

Best wishes to your friend. Hope he gets better soon :hug:

:scream: :banghead: :down:

why is there so much hate!?

i am sorry to see your friend was in trouble laura. to be honest that is one reason i didn't visit Belfast last spring. when i told my family i was going to Ireland for vacation they became very worried for my safety and requested that i do not cross into N. Ireland and if i did to take my cross off. :( :tsk: i hate that i just admitted that.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:scream: :banghead: :down:

why is there so much hate!?

i am sorry to see your friend was in trouble laura. to be honest that is one reason i didn't visit Belfast last spring. when i told my family i was going to Ireland for vacation they became very worried for my safety and requested that i do not cross into N. Ireland and if i did to take my cross off. :( :tsk: i hate that i just admitted that.

Its not that bad here. :huh:

Tourists are ok :up:

My friends doing ok I have viisted him he got more surgery and is hoping to get home soon enough

Back
Top Bottom