Time to Say Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Dear all,

By Monday morning, I will be gone from Interference.

Over this past week, I have been reminded about what's really important to me and my life, and what I need to let go of. I've been reminded about what fun is, the person I want to be, and how I would like to spend my future. When I think about the hours of my days, my months and years, a very low percentage of it is spent building something that I am really proud of on a personal level. It is time to change that now.

You see, U2 and my love of the band represents a very very dark time in my life that I need to let go of. What happened to me in my past and thusly my connection to U2 cannot and should not be the only thing that has ever happened to me. But for so long, out of fear of betraying my younger, more damaged self, I took up residence in Limbo; I wouldn't allow myself new happiness, new laughter - it was all blocked by years of residue, dried tears and dirt on my skin. It is time to change that now.

And because of this - of my need to be the person I have to be, I can no longer be a part of this site. I need to go with my self now. I need to see where this book of mine will take me; where reduced (and unneeded) stress will take me; where lessened responsibility will take me; where no longer living in the rearview will take me. I cannot say at this point if I will be back to Interference or even U2 fandom - but for what it's worth, all of you, every single one of you, have taught me something that I will forever hold onto. And if it shall be, I am most certain our paths will cross again.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart and my rejuvenated soul for all the good times and kindness you have shown me. I wish all of you the best. Please be kind to each other, and always remember to go with yourself.

Love always,
Carrie

:wave: goodbye, and good luck with your real-life persuits. you will be missed

I wish you all the best Carrie. You will be missed but your reasons for leaving are totally understandable.

Take care of yourself and be happy! :hug:

Good Luck Carrie.

You will be missed here, and in U2fandom in general. You have put so much into this site. Thank you!

Hugs and kisses, and well wishes.....

Jeff/Zoney

*hands carrie a going away spatula

Well this is very sad, but of course I respect your decision. Best of luck in the future! :hug:

Your fellow Jack White Groupie :sexywink:

it's sad to see you go, but you must do what is right for you. Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this site and good luck to you in your future pursuits.

:hug: Carrie :hug:

like everyone has said, you have to do what's right for you. take care.

"Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.

Always remember to forget
The friends that proved untrue.
Those that have stuck by you.

Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
The blessings that come each day."

Last edited:
Carrie, you've done such a great job here, I don't know how anyone will be able to take over and do as well as you have done. Hope you can check in occasionally just to let us know how you are doing, not necessarily as fellow u2 fans, but as your friends :hug:

Boy, so many sad things happening. I don't know what has happened in your life Hello Angel, but I wish you well in the future. It is good to know your mind and have a plan. Be strong.

Thank you very much for the fine and dedicated work you have done for Interference.com.
Good luck:hug:

You know we'll miss your presence and your great job here...

we can't say that we won't wait for you to check here soon, but we understand your reasons and we wish you the best...

good luck, take care... :hug:

lore

Back
Top Bottom