this has been bothering me for years...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
When I was a sophomore in high school, I was a lot younger than everyone else (my birthday being in June and all). My best friend had a license and parents willing to let her use the car for 'noble' reasons....so we searched for noble reasons. Youth Group met on Wednesdays at the local church and was 2 hours long. So, every Wednesday we'd pile into her car and go. Go to the mall. Yeah, we used Youth Group as a cover up for going to the mall...the irony of it still makes me feel sorta bad.

-end confession-

Lilly... I used to do that too... I'd tell my parents I was going to a school function (game, dance) and then we'd all go to the mall or sneak out and drink.....

p.s. read my thread...I'll bug ya till ya do
wink.gif

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Well the fact you feel kinda bad is a good thing. It signifies remorse and regret.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I think all kids do stuff like that at times.

Except for me.

I was too big of a dork to ever have anywhere cool to go.

I actually DID go to a youth group on Wednesday nights.

I agree with ghetofabu though.
smile.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Don't feel bad! I used to hang out with a guy whose Mom gave him $10 for gas, but no spending money, so he'd like only put in 7 or 8 bucks and keep the rest for a drink and a burger, then just claim he ran the gas out. She never noticed, but he felt real sneaky about it. I also knew two girls who used to lie and tell their Moms they were coming to my house (I had a goody-goody reputation so they trusted me) when they were really hanging out with the wrong crowd and using me as a cover. I felt guilty, but luckily none of the mothers ever called to check up or catch them. I mean people have done much worse, don't worry about it!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Good god, in order to even have something even closely resembling a life I had to tell so many white lies to my mom about where I was going. Alibis were a daily necessity...you're ok, just doing what tons of other teenagers did I suppose..

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:
i did something similar, and strangely i don't feel guilty about it. is that bad?

Yes. You are going straight to hell.
icon33.gif
icon38.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
Don't feel bad! I used to hang out with a guy whose Mom gave him $10 for gas, but no spending money, so he'd like only put in 7 or 8 bucks and keep the rest for a drink and a burger

where were you going for a drink and a burger with 2-3 $?
was that, like, the fifties or something?

i used to get one of my parents cars to go to school, skip the afternoon and drive across toronto to play golf with friends.

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i used to get one of my parents cars to go to school, skip the afternoon and drive across toronto to play golf with friends.

I remember getting my mothers '76 Dodge Dart, ostensibly to get to school in Bracebridge, picking up a couple of buds, and hi-tailing it down to TO to screw around, and getting back up north for 7 pm (the latest I could bring the car back)..we used to just fly on the way home..at regular speed its a good 2 hr drive, but we always seemed to manage it in a little more than 1.

Bad boy! (smacks self)

Ah well, at least I'll be wise to any tricks my son might try on me, I invented most of 'em!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom