Things that annoy me to no end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:
:mad: teenager know-it-alls :down:

(something that annoys me)

:bow: :applaud:

*disclaimer...just so I don't offend any teens here on this forum, I'm only referring to my own 16 and 18 year old teenage know-it-alls and their friends who constantly remind me and the other adults in their lives just how clueless we are :wink:

I hate when people don't put the phones back in the phone chargers and the battery dies.

When people ask what school you went to jsut to see what religion you are - that happened to me today and they wouldnt give me an application form for a job!!! In future Im lying and saying I went to a mixed religion school.

Oh Im so scared of bad drivers - when im out in my wee vehicle with my driving instructor everyone drives RIGHT behind me even though they can clearly see im a learner! Its pretty scary but I drive really slowly and start big queues - they must love me :D

Im not allowed to go more than 45 m.p.h anyway hehe and on most roads its 30 m.p.h. but people seem to think they should drive faster than that and jsut cant stay behind me!

I got to beep my horn last week

*Sitting at traffic lights, some little boy racer had stoppepd well past the traffic lights and was infront of us, lights change colour*

Victor: Ok, go...
Me: Uhm.....he isnt moving
Victor: He will move go on start moving
Me: No really he cant see the lights he wont move *creeps car forward car infront does not move*
Victor Gets Really Mad and starts swearing then he leans over and beeps the horn like mad
Me: "I want a go"
*Car infront moves, Laura beeps horn once more for good measure, Vic laughs*

He loves me my driving instructor, I have never stalled and he said if all his learners were like me he wouldnt need valium, and we have conversations while I drive and I talk him through what Im doing and changing gears etc. And Ive only had 6 lessons! Im really desperate to drive on my own. Im so excited :hyper:

Well one day I was speeding there were too many things to be doing and I was flying along at 44 m.p.h on a 30 m.p.h road that was only on lesson 2 though. Now I watch my speed like a hawk. There are never cars infront of me though....they are all stuck behind me...

Another Thing That Annoys Me: Getting text mesages from companies trying to get money from you!

I hate when i can't find the cordless phones or the tv remotes cause my sister but them somewhere weird. I hate when she leaves food and drinks in out room forever and they start to smell :mad: :yuck:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
having to wake up at 4AM to pee! :down:

- having to pee during a movie (in a theater or at a show) and not being able to enjoy the end of the movie because you have to pee but you don't want to leave so you don't miss anything annoys me :angry: :lol:

some other annoying things....

- people who spell you're like your when they really meant you're (you are)

- people who spell a lot as one word alot

- when driving, people who try to pass you when there's one car length or less between you and the person in front of you but they still try to squeeze thru anyway

- people who run red lights

- when I'm at work and get a phone call and the customer says "Hi, how are you?" and I have to sound like I'm having a great day even when I might be terribly busy and things going crazy at the time

- there are a lot of joggers around the apartment complex I live in...it annoys me when I try to turn out on the main road and they're running down the sidewalk and don't even stop to see if a car is coming (ok, I know pedestrians have the right of way, but they should still stop to see if a car is coming or not...sometimes I'm turning in off the main road and they don't even stop, and I have to stop in the middle of the street)

:hmm: that's all I can think of for now

be back when I think of some more :lol:

Last edited:
ABEL said:
- there are a lot of joggers around the apartment complex I live in...it annoys me when I try to turn out on the main road and they're running down the sidewalk and don't even stop to see if a car is coming (ok, I know pedestrians have the right of way, but they should still stop to see if a car is coming or not...sometimes I'm turning in off the main road and they don't even stop, and I have to stop in the middle of the street)

As a runner let me explain. Beside of having the right of way, would you make a left when a car was coming down the street..or make a right turn from the left lane? It is the drivers responsibility to look for runners, walkers, wheelchairers, chickens and sometimes bicyclist (bicyclists who are obeying the same rules of the road drivers are following, that is).

zonelistener said:

As a runner let me explain. Beside of having the right of way, would you make a left when a car was coming down the street..or make a right turn from the left lane? It is the drivers responsibility to look for runners, walkers, wheelchairers, chickens and sometimes bicyclist (bicyclists who are obeying the same rules of the road drivers are following, that is).

yes, I know the driving rules, but it's still annoying which is what this thread is about :tongue: :wink:

- walking into a room and turning on the light, and the light burns out is annoying too...it happened to me this morning when walking into the bathroom...there's no window in there either so it's really dark :angry:

- not having any money is annoying

- the fact that the guy who put my new windshield wipers on my car and scratched annoys me too :angry:

- those little subscription cards that are lose and fall out of magazines when you read them are annoying

- when my cell phone or digital camera runs out of battery juice just when i need to use it is annoying

:hug: sorry you're not feeling well...hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks, especially on the weekends :(

other annoying things i thought of tonite after going to Wendy's:

- getting only two napkins when you go through the drive thru is annoying, and having to ask for ketchup

- the fact that at 80% of restaurants i can only get Coke and not Pepsi :angry:

I am fully prepared to get bashed for this by some, but I am NOT generalising here.
Motorbike riders who do not stick to their lane, and instead cut up in a queue of cars to get to the front. Motorbike riders who dart in and out of traffic without leaving the correct distance, and who also DON'T LOOK OVER THEIR SHOULDERS WHEN MERGING. Motorbike riders who ride double barrell with the traffic. Motorbike riders who speed at exceptional pace. Motorbike riders who don't indicate and merge anyway.

THIS IS GODDAMN ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop putting everyone in frigging danger just because you ride some shitheap pissant looking bike which is 1/8 the size of a car. STOP THINKING YOU HAVE RIGHT OF WAY IN EVERY GIVEN CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Any motorbike rider who does not do this, this does not include you obviously. Any motorbike rider who has a long list of complaints about cars and their treatment of YOU on the roads, FINE, but it doesn't give allowance for anyone to ride their bikes like this. I am talking only of those who continually put themselves and others in danger by their erratic and total disgregard for road rules.

Thank God, all you bike riders like this, I am not a cop.

Honestly. Like the roads aren't dangerous enough, without a vulnerable human riding their bikes like they're Mick Doohan.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

speaking of sounds...

the apartment complex i live in does lawn maintenance on wednesdays.....every wednesday morning (when i'm trying to sleep since i don't have to be at work till 11am) i hear the sound of the weed eater and leaf blowers, which usually starts around 7:30 AM! :angry:

I hate when "small business" translates to "I'm just lazy."

Now, I like helping out the little guy and shopping at an independently owned store whenever I can. But I'm starting to get a little pissed off at how I'm treated there. My sister and I have both worked at "family-owned businesses" and both of us got treated the same way. We were stuck working every day, all day because the owners didn't want to work. My boss even complained at having to "work 40 hours during the holidays."

Today, we went shopping at the vintage clothing stores downtown. One place did customized 80's t-shirts and I bought one, only to get a spiel from the salesgirl about how she couldn't make it because of "a huge backlog." Now, the whole time I had been trying on shirts, she was trailing around and flirting with guys--not working the transfer machine. She tells me to come back at 5:30 and pick it up. I go home, call:

"I'm sending my dad to pick it up?"
"*loud sigh* Will he be here by 5:30?"
"Yes."
"Because, I'm only open till 5. I only was staying open until 5:30 so you could get your shirt. I would REALLY prefer going home early. Couldn't you just pick it up tomarrow?"
"He'll be there at 5:30," I said and hung up.

I really hate that. She didn't even discount the shirt. And these small owners wonder why we end up shopping at corporate chains--because we're usually guaranteed fast and decent service!! :mad:

people who bitch and complain about everything in their life

*looks at her own journal*

:uhoh:

uh...yeah. that annoys me:angry:

big sigs annoy me :angry:

the ones here at interference are a good size actually....i like having the size limit....on another message board i go to, the sigs are at least twice as big, and it really does make a difference....the replies get lost between the sigs and it makes it hard to read

MrBrau1 said:
If I die before the new U2 record comes out I will be very annoyed.

:laugh: Actually, in 1989, my friend wanted to commit suicide, but one reason he didn't was because he wanted to see R&H and get the album!

Honestly, if U2 had any idea.......

Nancy Grace of Court TV annoys me :angry:

I've never seen Court TV, but whenever she is on Larry King Live, there's just something about her that annoys me :mad:

nancygrace_photo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom