things i love part 32603842.3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa Monica! :D

touched down earlier today. this place is alive!

the funny part? the second person we met today selling stuff on the pier was a woman selling sunglasses. not only was she originally from Australia, Victoria, and Melbourne (!!) she said she was born in Werribee (my home town) and up until three years ago lived in Thoroughbread Av, which is literally the next block over from our house.

small word indeed.

more self-indulgent posts to follow! :D

the funny part? the second person we met today selling stuff on the pier was a woman selling sunglasses. not only was she originally from Australia, Victoria, and Melbourne (!!) she said she was born in Werribee (my home town) and up until three years ago lived in Thoroughbread Av, which is literally the next block over from our house.

small word indeed.

Glad you made the flight safely. :up: Have a wonderful visit!

MrPurrl washed my hair for me, and it feels WONderful! :love: (Not supposed to bend over the sink or in the shower to wash it because it would put pressure on the wounded eye.)

small word indeed.

:applaud: Must have been a beautiful day out there too! Enjoy!

small word indeed.

:lol: Woah creepy coincidence!

:D Glad you arrived safely, and since you won't be in this thread for a while I can now safely add my latest love.

MUSE:love::heart:

small word indeed.

noice :D

You flew 15 hours to meet someone from Wezza!!! Who said travel doesn't broaden the mind? :lol:

:lol: . . . I love coincidence and worlds colliding like that . . . too awesome for words :up:

cobl, that's an awesome coincidence. I thought stuff like that only happened in my town (my teeny tiny town). Enjoy your stay. Are you here just for fun or scoping out jobs/schools for the future?

I love knowing that in 4 days I don't have to worry about getting up early or making lunches for the kids until September :applaud:

And sleep, don't forget sleep! :wink:

I had my first time properly assisting the teacher today. We made toothpaste and hairgel with a couple of ADD kids. They were actually quite calm and a lot of fun! :D

And sleep, don't forget sleep! :wink:

I had my first time properly assisting the teacher today. We made toothpaste and hairgel with a couple of ADD kids. They were actually quite calm and a lot of fun! :D

I see we are in similar professions...since this is about what we love, I love when I teach a child and they "get" something that they couldn't before. I am a supply, and it is great when the kids get excited when they see I am their teacher for the day. It means I must be doing something right :D

Oh this is just a temporary job for me. I'm tutoring but since it's the last week there's nobody to tutor. So I help out in the lab with the other assistants. I do aim to become a teacher though. :D

Spending Father's Day with my Dad. :love:

Talking about our annual trip to Hawaii (silly guy asked if I'd be interested in going again this year. Ummmm - YES!! :laugh: It's hilarious how he always asks, as if there would ever be any answer other than yes. :wink: ). Afterward he called the hotel, and tentatively booked our timeshare. Cannot WAIT!! :D

Spending Father's Day with my Dad. :love:

Talking about our annual trip to Hawaii (silly guy asked if I'd be interested in going again this year. Ummmm - YES!! :laugh: It's hilarious how he always asks, as if there would ever be any answer other than yes. :wink: ). Afterward he called the hotel, and tentatively booked our timeshare. Cannot WAIT!! :D

:up: to everything in this post. It's all awesome!

:jelousabouttheHawaiitrip: :wink:

:up: to everything in this post. It's all awesome!

:jelousabouttheHawaiitrip: :wink:

It really is! :D And please come!!! :wink:

Plus, I was talking about doing a tour of Lost filming locations, and my Dad was really interested in going to see the beaches, waterfalls, etc. because he loves discovering new places. He only saw a few episodes of the show, but was interested in coming with me, purely to see the natural beauty of the island. He suggested we just rent a car and go by ourselves, as that would be infinitely cheaper. Yayyy! :D So now I get to do dorky research on where they filmed the show, so that I can make up a list of places to go see. I'm ridiculously excited, and nothing has even been firmly booked yet. :lmao:

That my mum is so, so, so incredibly happy with the results of her cataract surgery. She is just wandering around the house and yard marvelling at how well she can see. It takes a lot to gee up my mum these days, so to see her so happy, well makes me happy! :cute:

:yippie: Woohoo, now all I need is a plane ticket to Thora's place and I can go to Hawaii!

The airport code for my city is YVR. :giggle:

I love that today is our staff fun day, so I don't have to work at all! :D We get to go play at a dorky fun park, and have a shorter day than normal. Plus, we start later too, so I've had a nice relaxing morning so far, and I get to watch some soccer. It's a good day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom