Things I Hate Part ∞ and then some.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dealing with incompetent people. Just had to tell one of my suite-mate's friends, for the 20th time mind you, to be quite when my roommate and me are trying to sleep at night. And to throw out their Chinese food whenever they aren't eating it, cause it stinks up the whole suite. I should not have to tell a 20 something year-old to throw out food that he is not eating!!!!!:angry:

Dealing with incompetent people. Just had to tell one of my suite-mate's friends, for the 20th time mind you, to be quite when my roommate and me are trying to sleep at night. And to throw out their Chinese food whenever they aren't eating it, cause it stinks up the whole suite. I should not have to tell a 20 something year-old to throw out food that he is not eating!!!!!:angry:
oh god yes. what about people cooking food and just leaving it on the stove? it may be cool outside but it does not get to 4 c (40 f) INSIDE the house. it's not even that cold outside!

People who don´t understand (and don´t even want to) the difference between fiction and reality. Dreaming is ok, I´m a dreamer too, but that difference has to be distinguished!

I hate it that when I'm around mopey/cranky people that I start feeling that way, too. I don't have to let their bad moods affect me! :doh:

When people don't respect that I am entitled to MY OWN opinion, and you can't force yours on me. :|

Stupid kids in my grade who are basically jerks being in a band and getting a record deal probably just by having money

Realizing there's no way in hell I'll ever be able to afford any semblance of my pre-college life after college...

And, feeling like my accomplishments really aren't that much.

I hate having the sinking "IdontknowifIcandoit" feeling in the pit of my stomach when tests that determine furthering my education and my possible career come up. :crack:

when you leave an assignment to the well past last minute, promise yourself you'll never do it again, and then do exactly that on your next assignment.

Me too...but I figured it's my last (undergrad) college assignment, so why break tradition :laugh:

In college too? O.O

I really hope I won't be doing that by then—:lol: Oh yeah, art...procrastination's hard.

But when I do have to take actual classes, the procrastination had better be gone.

Yeah I'm third year uni and still doing it. My procrastination has got about 10 times worse since high school. and there's less work!

My care for school in general has gotten about 10 times worse since high school.

That's probably an awful thing, but until it actually starts to effect my grades I'll pretend like it's not :|

Oh yes, my level of procrastination has definitely increased compared with when I was in high school :lol:. I think it's just a matter of spending much less time actually in class that makes me put more of the assignments off (and I have more work than in H.S. but that was expected with my major).

Plus, it depends on the subject matter. Last semester I had a component design (basically steel/mechanical engineering design) class that I really enjoyed, so I did that homework a week+ before it was due to put off doing my other classwork. This paper on the sociological imagination? Nope, don't really care all that much, hence the putting it off until last minute, haha.

Oh no D:

I'll just have to convince myself that doing stuff ontime matters...that should be interesting.

Oh yes, my level of procrastination has definitely increased compared with when I was in high school :lol:. I think it's just a matter of spending much less time actually in class that makes me put more of the assignments off (and I have more work than in H.S. but that was expected with my major).

Plus, it depends on the subject matter. Last semester I had a component design (basically steel/mechanical engineering design) class that I really enjoyed, so I did that homework a week+ before it was due to put off doing my other classwork. This paper on the sociological imagination? Nope, don't really care all that much, hence the putting it off until last minute, haha.

:lol: I guess I can say the same thing. I had a 5 page paper to write in Survey of Rock Music and I wrote 14.

On U2 :D

But Trigonometry? Keep clicking answers until I get it right lol.

:lol: I guess I can say the same thing. I had a 5 page paper to write in Survey of Rock Music and I wrote 14.

Yes. Story of my life right there :lol: The one college app essay I actually wanted to write basically talked about 'Boy' for 10 pages...and I've given up on math *shudder*

The worst part about it is that I'm excellent in math and I suck at critical analysis. I'm a slightly above average writer, but nothing special.

But all of my interests are quite right-brained, whereas my abilities are quite left-brained. Flippin annoying :lol:

:lol: I actually managed to incorporate Interference into part of the paper I mentioned there; I'm almost done with it :hyper:. But then I still have to study for the exam tomorrow (well today technically).

Aw, I like math :(. It's such an unpopular subject though :laugh:

:lol: I actually managed to incorporate Interference into part of the paper I mentioned there; I'm almost done with it :hyper:. But then I still have to study for the exam tomorrow (well today technically).

Aw, I like math :(. It's such an unpopular subject though :laugh:

I feel as though there's nobody to be better than and nothing to learn. It's a basis for applications to other subjects, so it in itself is extremely boring.

I've written about U2 before as well in English essays and gotten very good marks.

I got a 91 on my paper. Dude was a cool teacher, but got upset when I didn't write a paragraph on Bono and offer a counteractive viewpoint for non fans.

I went to him after he gave me the paper back and told him straight up... my paper is about U2. Not Bono's philanthropy, and not your opinion of Bono's philanthropy. I offered my viewpoints about U2 being stung by criticism after R&H, their hypocritical usage of synthesizers after having quotes of U2 vehemently objecting to synthesizers, etc. and offered a very objective viewpoint on the matter.

But in the end, my topic was about the history of U2 and how their music has changed over time. Not about how you don't like Bono or his sunglasses.

Junior year of high school in my Studies in British and American Literature class we were assigned a 5-7 page research paper; the topic was along the lines of pretty much anything to do with the UK I think...so naturally I wrote 13 pages on U2 and got the best grade out of both of his classes :D. I missed a point or two because I forgot one of the citations in my bibliography :angry:

And for my English class sophomore year of H.S. we had to do our final speech on a famous person, and I chose Bono. It totally bored the whole class, but if I recall correctly I got a 48/50 on it. They definitely have helped me get some good grades :up:

Oh, I also mentioned them in my 15 page environmental biography for my env. psychology class some semesters ago. I talked about how their music can make me picture different landscapes, etc. when I listen to it--especially NLOTH. Helped me fill up a page or two :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom