Things I Hate Part 720 - Hating Full Circle, Twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be attachment disorder if it's been going on for years. Is he one of those who will come the next day with a big present and tell her how much he loves her and all?

Christmas is over, so now my love for snow changes to hate. GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

good lord. i just don't get why any woman thinks she has to act like that to get a man, or why she thinks acting like that would even get a man.

this person is just too much, i think she's about to get blocked too. her ex beat the shit out of her. her reaction? post 15 statuses about it, refuse to press charges, and post photos of the damage. then a day later it's back to whining about how much she misses him.

If she still is in the relationship, and it's an ongoing story, it's probably a cry for help. But it goes nowhere, as she is not taking the steps.
These sites give some useful instructions what one could try to help in the situation. A good thing is to listen, encourage, and pointing to such sites which give information in a non-emotional way. Get her to read and learn about her situation and what is going on. It's not a guarantee she will act, but chances are significantly higher the more people know about their situation. And it's always important for them to see a way out that provides them with security. Some long-term solutions, resources etc.
How can I help a friend or family member who is being abused? ? National Domestic Violence Hotline
HOW TO HELP A FRIEND WHO IS A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE | Neopolitan Lighthouse
The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer
If a Friend's Involved in Domestic Violence... | 4therapy.com

Some people don't want to be helped. They just whine for the attention it gives them, I guess.
yeah, that's all i can figure. she's made it clear several times she's not badmouthing him. :slant: the dude beat you up, if your friends think he's a jerk, it's...because he kinda is.

Could be attachment disorder if it's been going on for years. Is he one of those who will come the next day with a big present and tell her how much he loves her and all?
nope, they broke up about a month ago and even before that had only dated maybe...six months or so? though from what i gather this is an isolated incident but it still doesn't make it okay in my book. thanks for the links, btw. :)

I really hate when my friends change or act different when they are in a relationship..that happens with most people, but it's just so noticeable. That's reality...

I also hate when I realize that I'm too obvious. I also posted a Facebook status related to that, and one of my closest friends (who has a girlfriend and who I indirectly aimed the status at), starts apologizing. Either I take shit too seriously, or he feels bad. Then again, I think he shouldn't be, because it's the truth.

:shrug: :|

So . . . I went out of town last week to attend the funeral of my last remaining uncle. And somewhere, I'm thinking in the hotel where we spent the night on the two-day drive there, my arms apparently got bitten mercilessly by bed bugs. These bites are "harmless", but they itch like a mofo! :angry: And yes, I called the hotel and told them!

Hate watching my daughter pass out :sad:

Hope she's ok! :hug:

So . . . I went out of town last week to attend the funeral of my last remaining uncle. And somewhere, I'm thinking in the hotel where we spent the night on the two-day drive there, my arms apparently got bitten mercilessly by bed bugs. These bites are "harmless", but they itch like a mofo! :angry: And yes, I called the hotel and told them!

Sorry about your uncle. (and your post made me all itchy....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom