Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just starting to get into wearing high heels, but that big toe joint has mostly put the kibosh on that. I have a few pair I can wear around the office, but I have to bring flats to put on for walking on the concrete outside, going to and from the bus stop. Lame.

As for the anti-foot fetish, I can't even stand to see dirty socks in laundry detergent commercials.

I blame a high school friend of mine who had freakishly long toes, and he once picked up a black jelly bean (gross enough) with his toes and ate it (doubly gross).

I don't think so - you can usually see swelling or something with a bunion, right? My big toes used to crack whenever I walked barefoot, and while that stopped, and then that one joint would sometimes get "stuck," like it's mid-crack, and it's really painful.

So now that's gone (mostly), but it's uncomfortable to wear heels because it causes the toe to bend so much and stay like that. If you know what I mean.

And sometimes other shoes will rub on the joint and irritate the skin there, but that happens on both feet. When I look at the joint or touch it, it doesn't seem bigger than the other one or anything, so I don't know.

I just figured it's part of the fun aging process. :)

Ok, here's a picture of my feet a couple years ago (it's worse now, much worse)...I'm the one on the right, in the flip flops. See that little bump under my big toe at the joint?

216653_1023777391358_1132925157_30070843_6026_n.jpg

I'm assuming you don't have that. (you're lucky ;))

Yeah, I see it. I don't have anything that looks like that on my foot - I swear when I look at both my feet, the big toes look the same. Isn't a bunion like a "growth"? If so, there's nothing that looks like an extra growth that doesn't belong on my foot.

It's basically that the big toe's tilted more inward than it should be so the joint's bigger than it should be. Happens when you wear shoes that try and make your toes point in to a triangle shape, or most running shoes, or Converse...

Well, that's relieving, then :)

Yikes, Converse are culprits? Glad I don't wear mine very often!

I'm sure I've mentioned the joint issue to my doctor, and she didn't see anything. Maybe I haven't mentioned it ... but I know she always looks at my feet when I go in for my annual exam! :wink:

Basically anything without support...and I don't know how well normal doctors can diagnose feet, I had to go into 2 different people who diagnosed specifically foot problems since my doctor before said nothing. 1 who figured out why I was walking weirdly and got me inserts for me shoes, and 1 who dealt with my toe and can probably do the surgery...

corianderstem said:
I thought he meant porta-potties as the "public" bit - I can't even imagine a restaurant (or other store or something) bathroom without having those things.

I am dismayed by how many toilets don't have all three.

Nice to see you posting in here Ms Bluth, though I'm surprised you haven't expressed your dislike for Gob yet

On that note. I hate having screwy feet when they're supposed to come with age instead of just...out of nowhere.

I had an ingrown toenail that was evil and infected for ~2 years as it was recovering, which is thankfully better now, but now I've got a bunion and it hurrrrts. I'm going to spend summer break recovering from foot surgery...grr.

Oh, and did I mention arches that collapse without shoe inserts? Yeah :sad:
sorry to hear another katie out there with feet problems. :(

i've had so much crap it's ridic. though thankfully bunions are one of the few things i haven't had. i've had recurring ingrown toenails when i was 11 and 12 which finally went away as quickly as they came on.

then suddenly one year when i drove from memphis to atlanta (~7 hours) killed my feet. i got out to stretch my legs and could barely walk. spent the whole trip limping around, not wanting to do a ton of walking. bah. turned out i had tarsal tunnel syndrome (carpal tunnel in your feet) and tendonitis in both feet as well as plantar fasciitis in my right foot. got to spend all summer recovering. :combust:

aaaaanyway, enough about me. good luck with the surgery, you'll feel a lot better once this is all done.

I blame a high school friend of mine who had freakishly long toes, and he once picked up a black jelly bean (gross enough) with his toes and ate it (doubly gross).
omg eww. barf. i don't love or hate feet, but people whose index toe (yeah i call them like they're fingers on a hand) is longer than their big toe. creepy.

omg eww. barf. i don't love or hate feet, but people whose index toe (yeah i call them like they're fingers on a hand) is longer than their big toe. creepy.

:sad: You find me creepy? But... but.. I was born this way.

I can pick up stuff with my freakishly long toes. But I do not put that stuff in my mouth afterwards tyvm. :wink:

sorry to hear another katie out there with feet problems. :(

i've had so much crap it's ridic. though thankfully bunions are one of the few things i haven't had. i've had recurring ingrown toenails when i was 11 and 12 which finally went away as quickly as they came on.

then suddenly one year when i drove from memphis to atlanta (~7 hours) killed my feet. i got out to stretch my legs and could barely walk. spent the whole trip limping around, not wanting to do a ton of walking. bah. turned out i had tarsal tunnel syndrome (carpal tunnel in your feet) and tendonitis in both feet as well as plantar fasciitis in my right foot. got to spend all summer recovering. :combust:

aaaaanyway, enough about me. good luck with the surgery, you'll feel a lot better once this is all done.

Oh man :ohmy: Yours sound just as bad, though we've had different foot problems...

I hate how bitchy I get when I haven't had food O.O To be fair, I was stressed from packing. There was a scary fight between my mom and I, though. God.

Ken and Gil. Both great friends. Their families are great friends to one another and to me. For for past few months, Ken has been battling cancer. Recently Gil had a heart attack.

I got news this morning that Ken passed away last night. And that the news this morning regarding Gil's condition is grim.

Prayers and thoughts to their family and friends.

I hate cancer. I hate seeing families and friends hurt. :sad:

Ken and Gil. Both great friends. Their families are great friends to one another and to me. For for past few months, Ken has been battling cancer. Recently Gil had a heart attack.

I got news this morning that Ken passed away last night. And that the news this morning regarding Gil's condition is grim.

:hug:
Thoughts at this time

Hearing things like this make my heart break...so sorry! :hug:

Just heard back from Gil's family. He passed away this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom