Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes that things like that happen so sudden is the worst. I went to work this morning like every morning, saying 'boooooooooonjouuuuuuuuuur' to everyone. I was wondering why some people did not respond or just had a short look at me. It was so freakin quiet everywhere. After a while a collegue came to my desk to tell me what happen. We sit all together in a huge room, usually you hear people joking etc. but today I could just hear the click click of the pc mouses. this really makes you think about your life and why the hell you complain so much every day....uhhg.
Ugh that's so weird. At least when someone's sick or old you mentally prepare for the end. My grandma died of a heart attack a few years back, she was the strongest woman I knew, beat cancer twice and various other diseases. She felt ill so called the doctor, he told her to come by, and on the way there on the bus stop she collapsed.
:sigh: Life is so damn short.
Theflyshades.com
Though I see they're out of stock right now. :) Should be restocking soon.

Thanks. It was actually my hairstylist. First she makes me wait almost 25 minutes! while she's still working on her previous client (comes over once to say "shell be with me in a minute" that was one awfully long minute) and she never even apologized for the wait. She's almost always late taking me and at least apologizes, even if she doesn't mean it. Then she proceeds to say something to me that I later realized was such an insult. After I left, looking back on everything, I was like wtf? I'd love to see what happened if I showed up 25 min late and didn't even call her.

I avoid confrontation, and it's doubly difficult when someone has scissors to your head. I'm so mad that I am tempted to find a new stylist. Be professional. I think she knows that I am not a complainer or a princess type and she takes full advantage of that. More than anything I hate the feeling that someone takes advantage of my weaknesses. I get mad at myself for not standing up for myself.

:madwife: I've had this happen and finally just got so sick of it I found myself a new bod; but not before I called the salon, spoke to the manager and explained why I had decided to move on . . . maybe it would have been more grown up to tell the lady herself but you know what, some things are just not worth feeling rubbish about!

I hate the flu!:crack:

:( take care lovely

thanks a lot everyone for the kind words and hugs!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

today again bad news, the after sales manager at my work died yesterday also very suddenly...heart attack, 50 years old. such a nice man. this week is so crap. :|

yuck! that is just awful :(

Ugh that's so weird. At least when someone's sick or old you mentally prepare for the end. My grandma died of a heart attack a few years back, she was the strongest woman I knew, beat cancer twice and various other diseases. She felt ill so called the doctor, he told her to come by, and on the way there on the bus stop she collapsed.

:hug:

games . . . I'm 42 years old and I have not the time nor the energy for rubbishy high school games . . . find some bottle and grow the f*ck up will ya . . . sheesh :rolleyes:

:(

yes, I haven't decided yet if I should remind myself of that more often or I should just life and try to make the most of it, without worrying much.

*hugs all*

Life really is very short. :( I'm sorry so many of us have had loss lately.

*offers cookies too* They're not much, but cookies are comforting to me. I..I don't know.

Wish I had something really comforting to say about that. :( :hug::hug::hug:

More trivial hate...

I hate that I was looking forward to opening my shiny new DVD of The Runaways and I opened it and the disc inside was 'The Legendary'.

I hate that the seller on Amazon makes it fucking impossible to do returns or exchanges.

I hate that I'll have to pay more on shipping to send this fail back when it's not my fault at all...

*hugs all*

Life really is very short. :( I'm sorry so many of us have had loss lately.

*offers cookies too* They're not much, but cookies are comforting to me. I..I don't know.

Wish I had something really comforting to say about that. :( :hug::hug::hug:

It sure is. The worst thing for me right now is that I have no clue how to respond. My parents texted me from Spain(awful timing for their holiday) that my uncle sounds like he's given up. He's not responding to chemo at all anymore. I just don't know what to say.

:(

yes, I haven't decided yet if I should remind myself of that more often or I should just life and try to make the most of it, without worrying much.

I'm sorry to hear this one as well! That really sucks. Sudden cardiac arrest and heart attacks can go to hell.
I understand your sentiment. But you should definitely go with the latter. The former is a fact of life you can only do so much about, but worrying about it would only destroy the joy of life long-term. Some events are a reminder, a very sad one at that, about how our life sometimes seems to be depending on a very thin thread, and I think these feelings are important, but in general it would destroy too much to worry too much.
Well, hard to explain, I hope you get what I mean.
In all the sadness over the event, it's also kind of a good aspect about your job that the people at your workplace are so close with each other and that they do care. There is far too many workplaces out there where an event such as this would just be brushed over by the colleagues, and where you wouldn't realize anything happened.

Just got a text update. Doctor's have adjusted their estimates from months to weeks. My uncle has completely given up, he'll be moving to a nursery home monday. Irony? He worked there all his life and will be treated by his co-workers. At least he'll have friends there.

:sigh: How the heck do things go by this fast? The tumor was discovered maybe a few weeks ago, went better and then all of a sudden downhill with rapid pace.

What the fuck life. What the fuck?

That's very tough. Good thing he is not left to his own. But terrible development indeed.
I don't know if I could come to terms with such news. I've never been terrified of death, but dying has always left me with a bad feeling.

I wish the best for him. :hug:

GG :( . . . cancer is a bastard . . . actually is that word which commences with C that I can never bare to say out loud . . . and I'm so so sorry that your family, and of course, your dear uncle, are suffering.

as for your uncle giving up; I honestly can't say I blame him . . . watching a friend slowly wither in the face of this dreadful disease has been one of the most heartwrenching things I'll ever endure . . . so.much.pain, just so so so much pain . . . etched on her face and scarring her heart . . . just tell your uncle you love him and let him choose his path . . . peace and blessings to you and yours GG :hug:

:wave: This is new "forum territory" for me. :wink:

Just got a text update. Doctor's have adjusted their estimates from months to weeks. My uncle has completely given up, he'll be moving to a nursery home monday. Irony? He worked there all his life and will be treated by his co-workers. At least he'll have friends there.

:sigh: How the heck do things go by this fast? The tumor was discovered maybe a few weeks ago, went better and then all of a sudden downhill with rapid pace.

What the fuck life. What the fuck?

Wow, that's tough stuff. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Cancer is terrible..

Adding my input to this thread...I hate when you do something for someone and then they tell you out of nowhere that you did a "half-ass job". :grumpy: I mean, we all try to do our best don't we?

I'm sorry to hear this one as well! That really sucks. Sudden cardiac arrest and heart attacks can go to hell.
I understand your sentiment. But you should definitely go with the latter. The former is a fact of life you can only do so much about, but worrying about it would only destroy the joy of life long-term. Some events are a reminder, a very sad one at that, about how our life sometimes seems to be depending on a very thin thread, and I think these feelings are important, but in general it would destroy too much to worry too much.
Well, hard to explain, I hope you get what I mean.
In all the sadness over the event, it's also kind of a good aspect about your job that the people at your workplace are so close with each other and that they do care. There is far too many workplaces out there where an event such as this would just be brushed over by the colleagues, and where you wouldn't realize anything happened.

yes, I actually understand what you are trying to say, thanks for that!

yup, I think we already talked about that...this company is just awesome. I reallly like going there every morning. When I was in Germany to work there for two days, I saw quite the opposite. We talked to a woman who was complaining all the time that she does not get along with this and that person, and others don't like her ....blaaaaaah and in the end everyone is sitting alone their offices. And also a lot of persons left the company just due to this personal problems. Nah, I could never ever work there.

You're welcome.
Oh yes, that German department sounds scary. Pretty much like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. :yikes:

I hate that one of my friends in the London area can hear sirens from her house.:sad:

ETA: Make that 2 friends! :sigh:

Cancer isn't caused by air, water, food nor pollution. It's genetics for the biggest part with partial lifestyle things like smoking and drinking and lack of excercise. Ofcourse, a tiny part is caused by some sort of pollution, Cfk's, asbestus, or other carcinogens. But that is a tiny tiny part.

And no, aspartame has nothing to do with cancer either. Contrary to what some people want you to believe.

:coocoo:
WOW....... Galeon MD

The fact that no matter how hard I worked on summer reading/math shite today, I still can't go to the Guster concert tonight. What-the-fuck-ever Dad. :angry:

:( that sucks...

I hate the evil headache clawing through my skull...and how mean I was to my family because my head hurt so bad :/

mean people. i've had a bad migraine all day and all day i've heard the doors outside of my bedroom slamming. because you know, migraines don't come with sound sensitivity and loud noises don't wake people when they're asleep. it takes two seconds to close a door quietly but hey let's just be rude and lazy and slam them all!

:coocoo:
WOW....... Galeon MD

You claiming I'm crazy?

I'm a scientist. I study these kind of things. I had to do an entire report on Aspartame and the implied cancer risk that took a month of research. Plus having your entire family killed by cancer kinda makes you want to know stuff on the subject...

i also hate wasps.

There's a nest somewhere near my apartment, and every time I come home there's at least one asshole hovering around the door. They've always got this cocky attitude, too.
"Buzz buzz, c'mon wanna piece of me? buzz buzz"

god i hate wasps...

i also hate wasps.

There's a nest somewhere near my apartment, and every time I come home there's at least one asshole hovering around the door. They've always got this cocky attitude, too.
"Buzz buzz, c'mon wanna piece of me? buzz buzz"

god i hate wasps...
god yes. i've been stung by a wasp once and i was just standing still, had no idea there was one near me until i was stung. one stung my dad above his eye once when he was mowing - wtf!

last month i was doing some urban exploration (does it count as urban if it's in a rural area though? :giggle:) and there was a wasp flying around the entrance. that made me way more nervous than walking in the building itself.

You claiming I'm crazy?

I'm a scientist. I study these kind of things. I had to do an entire report on Aspartame and the implied cancer risk that took a month of research. Plus having your entire family killed by cancer kinda makes you want to know stuff on the subject...

I know about how to change the oil on my car, does that make me an expert on car repair?
There is a huge difference between knowing about something and actually being a so-called "expert" on it.

Burlington77 said:
I know about how to change the oil on my car, does that make me an expert on car repair?
There is a huge difference between knowing about something and actually being a so-called "expert" on it.

There's a difference between calling someone out and being an ass, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom