things i hate part 2874892742

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think I would know by now that when my brother says he'll be over at a certain time to make sure he knows the my routine (he's watching my disabled aunt so I can go on an overnight trip today), that really means he'll wait until I call him 25minutes before I'm supposed to be leaving (and after he's supposed to be here) to even begin to get the fuck out of bed.

:crazy:

Arrgghh!!

My neighbor has either a goose or duck in his yard. Whatever it is, it quacks. I was soundly sleeping this morning around 10:30am until the damn animal kept quacking non-stop. I got out of bed & went to the couch. :angry:

Yes, it did. :D It just takes a minute for the screen to load when I'm trying to make a comment.

Took my elderly mother for her regular eye check and finding out that due to cataracts, she is for all intents and purposes blind in one eye. She is now booked in for surgery. However, she only ever said that her vision was not quite what it was and only agreed she couldn't see a thing in the optometrist's chair.

I asked her why she never said anything to me, she said she didn't want to worry me!!!! OK, like possibly falling over and breaking a bone cos her depth of field is shot or not seeing something in the way wouldn't worry me??? Mothers!!!! :gah:

Took my elderly mother for her regular eye check and finding out that due to cataracts, she is for all intents and purposes blind in one eye. She is now booked in for surgery. However, she only ever said that her vision was not quite what it was and only agreed she couldn't see a thing in the optometrist's chair.

I asked her why she never said anything to me, she said she didn't want to worry me!!!! OK, like possibly falling over and breaking a bone cos her depth of field is shot or not seeing something in the way wouldn't worry me??? Mothers!!!! :gah:

:hug:

Reminds me of my mom. One time she insisted I do the second day of an art show, even though she was very tired and I was worried about her. I got her to agree to let me know if she was any worse during the day, and I called several times to check up on her. Every single time she insisted she was feeling better.

So I get home and she doesn't come out to meet me, which is a bad sign. I go into the house and she's sitting on the couch gasping for breath and is BLUE! She didn't just have blue fingertips -- her skin was blue. I swear she looked like a smurf! She didn't tell me she was getting much worse because she didn't want me to have to pack up early and miss the rest of the show. Argh!

So she went to the hospital (her heart failure had worsened) and a few days later had surgery to replace a heart valve. She managed the surgery well and had some more pretty good years after that. She was always a challenge to get to go to the hospital though.....

Good luck to your mom with her surgery. It should make a great difference for her. With any luck she'll wonder why she didn't do it sooner!

Reminds me of my mom. One time she insisted I do the second day of an art show, even though she was very tired and I was worried about her. I got her to agree to let me know if she was any worse during the day, and I called several times to check up on her. Every single time she insisted she was feeling better.

So I get home and she doesn't come out to meet me, which is a bad sign. I go into the house and she's sitting on the couch gasping for breath and is BLUE! She didn't just have blue fingertips -- her skin was blue. I swear she looked like a smurf! She didn't tell me she was getting much worse because she didn't want me to have to pack up early and miss the rest of the show. Argh!

So she went to the hospital (her heart failure had worsened) and a few days later had surgery to replace a heart valve. She managed the surgery well and had some more pretty good years after that. She was always a challenge to get to go to the hospital though.....

Good luck to your mom with her surgery. It should make a great difference for her. With any luck she'll wonder why she didn't do it sooner!
Jeez, Indra, how frightening for you!!

My Dad had his cataracts removed about 6 years and had only good things to say about the results. I always remember sitting with him on the back verandah one day and he said he could see birds sitting on the roof of a neighbour's house, 5 houses away. Not bad for a bloke who couldn't read the newspaper before the surgery.

My mother has to be convinced about the pros of anything. Once you've explained all the benefits of something, and she goes through with it, she'll always marvel at how great it was! And yes, why she didn't do it sooner. I reckon she doesn't believe I have any common sense! :lol:

Not getting an answer yet from my boss about my vacation request for 5/13-19. :angry:

I can sympathize.

Today I just got an email saying we're not allowed to take vacation in June and July, because of this major project that we're involved in.

Umm, couldn't they tell me this when we first found out about the project in March?? I already made arrangements for 3 trips in that period for this thing called the U2360 Tour! Doesn't everyone know about the tour?? :angry:

Wow. How scary.

I can sympathize.

Today I just got an email saying we're not allowed to take vacation in June and July, because of this major project that we're involved in.

Umm, couldn't they tell me this when we first found out about the project in March?? I already made arrangements for 3 trips in that period for this thing called the U2360 Tour! Doesn't everyone know about the tour?? :angry:
i can sympathize too. ages ago, my boss at a job i had approved my vacation time, no problem. so i think yay, time off for me. the day before (!!!!) i'm due to leave, she comes to tell me she's basically unapproving it because someone quit and she already approved someone else to be out for surgery. i was like umm...now if someone's quitting, they're quitting. she'd already found another job so it's not like she'd be afraid to be fired instead or something. :lol: but the other was elective surgery, i don't know how that shit works but at another job i had, if it wasn't a disability thing, they can say no. regardless it's like...i'm the one who asked first! i was already mentally checking out of the job anyway and i held my ground and said no, i've got flights booked and i can't just cancel everything. she was pissed but oh well.

another hate: holier-than-thou christians. this complete bitch i know has her facebook status as some preachy shit about god forgiving you for your sins. granted, no one's perfect but things like that are a bitch rich coming from someone who's an ass 99% of the time.

Not getting an answer yet from my boss about my vacation request for 5/13-19. :angry:

got my fingers and toes crossed for you Purrl :)

:ohmy: that would have been terrifying!

I can sympathize.

:shifty: . . . you don't happen to work for a service provider with links to apple do you . . . :nerd: (new iPhone :drool: supposedly being released around about then :reject: )

^it's okay because god forgives her for being an ass.

:lol:

doggy doo doo :crack: . . . actually let me rephrase that . . . doggy doo doo on football boots that then get stomped all through my car :gah: . . . not.happy.jan :|

and while we are on the subject of football . . . I hate that my sons have switched football codes this year . . . they have played 'the beautiful game' for the last 5 years and were getting kind of awesome . . . this year they wanted to switch to rugby . . . which is not only a ridiculous game it is a full contact sport . . . my babies are tiny and I can not BEAR/BARE to watch them out there :reject: . . . I spent all of last weeks game hiding behind my daughter and at one point, when kidlet number 3 was under the ruck or the maul or whatever the hell its called for too long I almost had to be physically restrained from running out on to the field and getting those little mofos' off my kid :reject: . . . methinks I shall need a hip flask to last through this season . . . and I have my fingers and toes crossed that they suck royally at rugby, and that the upcoming FA Cup and World Cup will convince them to switch back :reject:

/end rant

Remind them that real football players can go play in Europe and earn shitloads. Rugby players only get to go on Fatty's show. That should be a motivator. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom