things i hate part 2874892742

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you hate it when You're playing CoD and your turban covers your eyes.

OMG look how short her turban is. SLUT!

The awkward moment, when your turban falls off during sex.

One of my dearest mates joined these groups on facebook. I don't know what kind of meme this is as they're not remotely clever. Also, the groups are full of ignorance (duh, turban/hijab confusion) and hatespeak. What is this casual neo-racist shit and why do people I love think it's funny?

OMG. Why would you join groups like that? Actually, the question should be, who would create a group like that?

One of the women who is in the reception area right outside my office door talks non-stop, very loud, all fuckin' day. She never shuts up! And when she's on the phone, it's even worse--it's like she has to talk really loud to impress everyone with her knowledge. She's got a good heart, but I wish she'd STFU. I close my door whenever I can. :angry:

One of my dearest mates joined these groups on facebook. I don't know what kind of meme this is as they're not remotely clever. Also, the groups are full of ignorance (duh, turban/hijab confusion) and hatespeak. What is this casual neo-racist shit and why do people I love think it's funny?
oh my FUCKING god thank you.

whilst i have joined the odd one or two i thought were funny, it's beyond a fucking joking.

if i see one more group about COD, women, sandwiches or Kelis, i'm going to kill someone.

however.

i did join "The awkward moment when your black friend gets sent to jail in Monopoly". i laughed. there was a Sri Lankan kid in high school we gave light-hearted shit to. it made me lol.

whilst i have joined the odd one or two i thought were funny, it's beyond a fucking joking.

if i see one more group about COD, women, sandwiches or Kelis, i'm going to kill someone.

however.

i did join "The awkward moment when your black friend gets sent to jail in Monopoly". i laughed. there was a Sri Lankan kid in high school we gave light-hearted shit to. it made me lol.

I think the only one I've joined was "The awkward moment when you and Lady Gaga turn up at a party in the same outfit" or something along those lines. Because that's pretty funny. And there's something in the one you joined as well, it's not just retarded.

The Kelis ones are so annoying, I can't even remember how many I've seen. They got old kinda like immediately.

I liken them to fascists. :down:

however.

Bogans. :tsk:

Yeah, I'll add that I hate racists, but then I get their back when I'm better than them at their own language.

:rockon:

i haaaate my eyes. one eye is nearsighted, the other's farsighted. super long story, but i had an eye injury at birth. i guess i'd be farsighted in both eyes had it not happened. but anyway, it means one eye is +whatever and the other's -whatever. and it usually was never enough to warrant anything but just a plastic lens in the + eye, but now i apparently do need a prescription lens in the eye, but can't cuz it'd throw my balance off or something. idk i'm just going by what my optometrist said. the only workaround is wearing a contact in one eye AND glasses. but i have no insurance now and definitely don't have the money for contacts. at least glasses, you get and you wear till whenever. :sigh: i'm just so not a contacts person. they didn't help my migraines anyway, which my doctor assumed were eye-related. (he was nice enough to let me borrow a prescription lens basically, to see how i'd feel with it in.) boo!

I am so glad I don't have facebook! :happy:

And Khan, I have the same condition, one + eye, one - eye. As a kid I used to have huge skull splitting headaches because of it. Apparently the positive eye tries to correct for the negative one and that takes a lot of energy. It got fixed by me having glasses for watching tv and computering and stuff that requires lots of concentration. Has been fine over the years, but I know that eventually I will need a permanent pair or lenses because my positive eye is becoming less and less positive and the negative is getting worse.
So maybe glasses could be the solution? I don't see how you should wear both contacts and glasses, that sounds a bit fishy to me. :huh: You should be fine with a pair of glasses with two different lenses.

Short people.

:tsk: . . . good things come in small packages . . . right kaffy :wink: :hi5:

Wants to make evil joke here.. must.. resist.. must.. not.. crush.. fragile male ego............ :laugh:

:ohmy: . . . :giggle: . . . :evil: . . . doooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :wink:
Ok.. I bet Carlos knows a thing or two about small packages.

rimshot.gif

How did I do? :hyper:

And Khan, I have the same condition, one + eye, one - eye. As a kid I used to have huge skull splitting headaches because of it. Apparently the positive eye tries to correct for the negative one and that takes a lot of energy. It got fixed by me having glasses for watching tv and computering and stuff that requires lots of concentration. Has been fine over the years, but I know that eventually I will need a permanent pair or lenses because my positive eye is becoming less and less positive and the negative is getting worse.
So maybe glasses could be the solution? I don't see how you should wear both contacts and glasses, that sounds a bit fishy to me. :huh: You should be fine with a pair of glasses with two different lenses.
oh yay! well not yay for you but i'm just glad there's someone out there who understands! :lol: yeah, i'm kinda :eyebrow: about not being able to just have the appropriate lenses either. up until recently i'd been seeing ophthalmologists my whole life, so i guess this is the difference. once he had someone (i guess a student or something) look me over while he was handling something else. i'd just recently had new lenses put in so my prescription was pretty up-to-date. instead of looking at my chart or anything, she just basically called me crazy for supposedly not being able to see what she thought i could see. :huh: yes honey, my purpose in life is to lie to you and pretend to not see.

but i digress. once i have insurance again i think i'm going to go back to seeing an ophthalmologist and see what happens.

oh yay! well not yay for you but i'm just glad there's someone out there who understands! :lol: yeah, i'm kinda :eyebrow: about not being able to just have the appropriate lenses either. up until recently i'd been seeing ophthalmologists my whole life, so i guess this is the difference. once he had someone (i guess a student or something) look me over while he was handling something else. i'd just recently had new lenses put in so my prescription was pretty up-to-date. instead of looking at my chart or anything, she just basically called me crazy for supposedly not being able to see what she thought i could see. :huh: yes honey, my purpose in life is to lie to you and pretend to not see.

but i digress. once i have insurance again i think i'm going to go back to seeing an ophthalmologist and see what happens.

:crack: Wow that student sounds like the brightest pea in the pod. I hope you can get a good ophtalmologist(damn what a word) soon who can make a proper diagnose.

And it's a strange situation. Of all people I know there's only one other girl whose got eyes like mine. You're the second person I know now! :lol: People call me crazy when I tell them, then let them try my glasses and they get huge headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom