There's this guy that I like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flarez

Babyface
Well, perhaps "like" is a bit of an understatement. I think about him all the time... he's got these gorgeous grey-blue eyes, a profile worthy of Holy Roman Emperor (gah, i love that NOSE), and he's got a sexy, sorta short-and-stocky build. And quite a nice neck. I love his voice. He's got quite the sense of humour; he cracks me up. He seems like a generally caring person and a "nice guy," y'know? There are just a couple problems...

First off, he's two or three times my age. Being 15 sucks, damnit.

Second of all, he's married. Married with 4 kids, I might add. Oh, life is not fair.

And finally... he's my teacher.

Yeah, believe it or not I wasn't talking about Bono (I'm in love with him too, but let's not get into that...) but my Humanities teacher, Mr. Keller (if anyone happens to know who he is I'll die lol, but I can't imagine any BRHS people here...). My obsession with him is quite pathetic. Someone please help me?

I don't mean to sound super harsh but think of it this way-he could get in A LOT of trouble if anything were to happen. I think it is normal to get crushes on teachers and stuff like that but you should find someone closer in age who is going to treat you the way you deserve to be.

There's nothing to worry about... a lot of girls (including me when i was 15 too) has felt in love with a school teacher (yes, the tipical philosophy or humanities teacher) and some of us did crazy things trying to get their atention...

I'm not saying that your feelings are trivial... when I was in the same situation I was genuine too but know I think that I was in love with the "ideal" man that I had in my head, reflected in my teacher, not with my teacher itself. what you see in your teacher is just a part of him.

I think that we have to learn from that kind of things. When you talk about your teacher, you seem a very sensitive person talking about the things that you like in a guy.

i had a crush on a substitute teacher once when i was in 7th grade. he had blue eyes, dark hair, light skin tone...damn. he was hot.

try to find something you dont like about him and dwell on that. i know, lame...but it works for me.

It's normal to have a crush on a teacher. I had a crush on my high school Bio teacher. And my shakespeare English prof (he was tall, good-looking, British, read Shakespeare OUT LOUD to us, well-read, etc. We ALL swooned).

As long as it never goes past a simple crush, it's fine....more than likely, you like him because he you admire him and he has a lot of the qualities you'd like to find in someone to marry. You're 15 though, and have a lot of time to find those qualities in someone more your age (and not married, of course :D )

It is perfectly natural, especially at that age. Only time really will get you over it, as cliched as it is. People like teachers are those we look up to almost instinctively as they are the ones who are shaping us. At the age you are at now, you are discovering love and the varying degrees of it and your subconcious is planning what you will end up viewing as your ideal. So naturally you are drawn to a man who is handsome, secure, intelligent, caring and humourous. All good traits we seek in potential partners. Your heart however is slightly ahead of your age and what you are seeing in him is what you are preparing yourself for when your body and age has finally caught up. I think these things are simply a way of getting us ready for when we are ready to take this plunge and begin proper relationships. Just be patient with yourself as it can be a frustrating and heady time. Its all a learing experience and one that will make you more sure as time goes on. Dont let it grow past a ccrush though, like it was said before these things can lead into some dangerous territory and unfortunately he has an awful lot to lose whereas your heart can mend.

Back
Top Bottom