The truth will always set me free

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It doesn't specifically matter what this is about, but....... the specifics don't matter. Basically, it's....... when you put faith in someone, and invest in them, you know how sometimes "how you feel" is determined by their actions, etc? That was my state of being at the time. But then I made a slight discovery, and it really changed the way I view this person.

So I say "The truth will always set me free"

BUt after finding the truth, being disillusiond is a strange thing. Left with a certain..... uncertainty, loss of direction. So that's where I am now.

I guess it's ...... just odd. HUmbling, a little. I feel like I've been living a lie, or fooling myself, and/or I made a huge mistake. Overall, I'm okay, but just a little shaken. But it's kind of like... you realize you were most likely thinking about someone in the wrong way, and... it's just.... a bit of a shock.....

I don't really know how to say it well.....

It has to do with seeing a person for who they are. Sometimes you can be so caught up in someone that you only see them in a certain way. You are so enamored that you really only think about them in a certain way, anyway.

But for me, I saw past that "initial image" of someone yesterday, and saw more of who they really are.

As I mentioned, or tried to mention, I had a strong connection with this person. And now, now that I know more about who the person really is, etc, that connection is different. I feel different about it.

But the trouble is.... it's not that I want to break the connection with this person. I still want to have a connection. But I see now that... that the way I view this connection must change, and that it can't be the same as it was originally. That's the part, right there, that I'm so caught up on.

Having to go about things in a different way.

======
======

I wonder if that clarified anything at all?
It seems that....... sometimes I make threads like this here, and I don't leave room for discussion. I apologize... because I think it's because I can't explain what I'm actually dealing with well enough, or I don't leave room for ..... for discussion. But.... that's how I work... I work things until I come to some sort of a conclusion. so... my....... "making things difficult to read or respond to" isn't intentional...

But .... I don't even know if that is easy to understand :huh: :ohmy: :| :huh:

But thanks for at least taking the time to read, anyone/everyone. Sometimes it's best for me to just write it out, so I can think it out more....

Back
Top Bottom