The pants are snug therefore I am going back on the Atkins Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok I'm having a bad day. This is not the right thing for me to do as a vegetarian. I haven't actually eaten anything since lunch yesterday, which was a salad. That's pretty much all I've had for the past 3 weeks. I had an atkins bar thingy today and that's it. I can't start eating real food again. I want to lose weight and I just can't go back but I don't know what to eat. My dad just called me and said he'd go anywhere in the entire world to get something for me for dinner. I didn't know what to tell him so I just said no thanks. I can't eat another salad and cheese. :sigh:

:scream:

I don't think Atkins will possibly work for someone that is a vegetarian. Maybe you should try another way to lose weight. Maybe just cutting out candy and sweets, but you can have your pasta and bread.

EPandAmerica said:
I don't think Atkins will possibly work for someone that is a vegetarian. Maybe you should try another way to lose weight. Maybe just cutting out candy and sweets, but you can have your pasta and bread.

Well that sounds like a good idea but you must assume I must eat a lot of candy or sweets. I don't. I'm a very picky eater. I don't eat chocolate ever. I never drink anything that's not diet and caffiene free. No coffee, very little alcohol. It's the carbs that's in my way. My diet consists mainly of carbs. I've been a vegetarian since I was 14 (I'm 29 now) and I've seen tons of nutritionists and dr's since then. All of them told me if I cut out carbs I'd lose weight. I was even told at a weight watchers meeting a few years ago that I'd never lose weight on their program either unless I eat some sort of meat. No thanks. :barf: I see the results my dad has had on the Atkins diet, and yes he is a meat eater. I was pretty tiny when I became a vegetarian so I know the carb diet I've been on for the last 15 years is the problem. I've lost more weight in the last 3 weeks cutting out carbs then I ever have trying any other diet But it's been a tough 3 weeks.

I actually did ok tonight after all. I had some soy based pasta. It wasn't too bad. It's very low carb and it was a lot more filling than just a salad. I'm used to eating the same things everyday with little variety. I just need to find things that work for me. It's only been 3 weeks. I know it'll get easier as time goes by.

arw you really should consider another weight loss method. as a vegetarian, you can't cut out another food group. no one can live on beans/lentils/salads/cheese alone.
this atkins is so bad. i hope you are all looking after yourselves. the reason why you all lose weight is because you are essentially starving yourselves. i read one report on a young girl dying from following this atkins thing. i am not trying to start any argument here on the validity of it as a healthy weight loss program. none of you are stupid people and it is everyone's personal choice. i just hope you are all being very careful.
:(

Angela Harlem said:
arw you really should consider another weight loss method. as a vegetarian, you can't cut out another food group. no one can live on beans/lentils/salads/cheese alone.
this atkins is so bad. i hope you are all looking after yourselves. the reason why you all lose weight is because you are essentially starving yourselves. i read one report on a young girl dying from following this atkins thing. i am not trying to start any argument here on the validity of it as a healthy weight loss program. none of you are stupid people and it is everyone's personal choice. i just hope you are all being very careful.
:(

My parents are both on it. My mom is on it just to maintain but my dad is on it to lose weight. They have all of the books and follow the diet as it's stated in the books. The girl who you heard about couldn't possibly have been following the diet as it was meant to be. I don't see how she could have been. My dad eats constantly but it's all within the guidelines. He's certainly not starving himself in anyway and losing weight.

Anyways....I was having a bad day. I'm better now. I thought this was the atkins "support" thread. I'm going to stick with it but I was just having a bad day and figured this is where I should post it. :shrug:

artichoke
celery root
pumpkin
artichoke hearts
rhubarb
asparagus
chard
sauerkraut
bamboo shoots
collard greens
scallions
dandelion
snow peas
bean sprouts
dandelion greens
spaghetti squash
beet greens
eggplant
spinach
broccoli
hearts of palm
string or wax beans
broccoli rabe
kale
summer squash
brussels
kohlrabi
tomato
bean sprouts
leeks
turnips
cabbage
okra
water chestnuts
cauliflower
onion
zucchini

Here is a list of veggies from the Atkins website that you can have 1 cup of per day during induction.

I was on Atkins for about 10 months between 2000 and 2001 and lost 35 to 40 lbs. I am not a big fan of meat, so I did eat more veggies than the 1 cup per day and still lost the weight.

I know eating the cold salad with cheese does get very old :yes: so I would cook a spaghetti squash and put cheese and a little bit of spaghetti sauce on it. I really couldn't tell that it was not pasta!
And I love spinach, brussel sprouts, eggplant and those things are more filling than lettuce.

Anyway you can do it arw9797! :wave: :)

*edit for spelling

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
My mom is on it, fah. She's done it for about 2 weeks now and loves it. :up:

PS - There is a message board on the weight watchers site, if you're looking for online support.

Thanks...I've been doing ww for a while now and I've lost a bunch weight.

Back
Top Bottom