The Ex-Fiance who tried to Kill me is Back!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Some of you may remember an incident that occured about a year ago. My girlfriend's ex-fiance tried to kill me with a beer bottle, and luckily I came away unharmed.

About 8 monthes ago he moved to Houston, TX from my town of Stillwater, OK, to find a different job presumably.

Well, here's an update: I'm no longer dating my girlfriend, because of personal reasons, but the ex-fiance is back in town. Back in town with a vengance! (LOL)....Okay, maybe not a vengance, but he's back all the same.

Last night I ran into him at a bar and he picked a fight. He demanded that I follow him outside the bar, and I refused. I stood my ground, but I refused to leave the bar where I was having a good time with friends.

We had a stare-off, but it was broken up by the bartender and the owner, which in affect led to him being thrown out of the premises.

Later on that evening I spoke to his friend, who remains a good friend of my ex-girlfriend after all this drama. He warned me that this guy is dangerous and could easily fuck me up pretty badly.

*Sidenote: He's 6'5, about 190lbs....I am 6'2, about 215lbs.

I believe and could hold my own if he demands another confrontational fight, but my conscience tells me to worry about the circumstances surrounding another encounter where a knife or GUN are involved.

Any advice? I had some good words of wisdom given to me the last time I spoke to everyone, so any thoughts are welcome.

P.S.
I consider you all to be a faction of my posse. The U2 posse that defends it's brothers and sisters from the evil of my arch-nemesis, Dr. Ex-Fiance (does that sound like a good evil villian's name?). Please voice your opinion on the matter.

P.S.S.
While this situation is a bit frightening, and I can't help but get a thrill out of confrontations. I feel like the U.S.A. in that I'm being threated by a terrorist organization (ie Ex-Fiance) and I don't know whether to initiate a pre-emptive attacks (punch his lights out), or wait until it (he) makes the first move.

Am I a dork?

Yes
:p

:| Be Careful. I don't have any words of wisdom, other than to avoid him at all costs.

lol, Sicy! :)

I agree with what has been said: avoid him, and if you feel like you're really in danger or if you run into him again get a restraining order.

Get yourself a canister of pepper spray. If he picks a fight, nail him with the pepper spray, bash him over the head, then run over him with your car. Find somewhere to hide the pepper spray, then tell the police that he "staggered out in front of you and you had no time to avoid him".

Ok, maybe not... but the pepper spray's not a bad idea.

I have been told by some older men (ages 50-70) that I should have killed him the first chance I had. While I'm not confident that's the answer to the problem, I'm very close to fuc**** him up the next time he tries something.

Restraining order, huh? Is that really the best option? Does it cost a bunch of money?

Either way, thanks for the advice....and keep it coming. There's no such thing as too much advice. :)

you need a restraining order. or at least file a harrassment complaint with your local police department, that way if anything does happen in the future it looks really bad on his end. god, this sucks. i had a girl who was CRAZY do something like this to me once. the police told me the best thing to do is to file a complaint, which i did. if it continues, get a restraining order. people are crazy nowadays. you can't be too careful. :wave:

first off police, ask them for the possibilities, maybe restraining order is the best thing to do.

and get a pepper spray anyway. don?t get a gun. don?t look for him. you can get in trouble for that and you don?t want to. just defend yourself when there?s a need to do so.

Back
Top Bottom