The 'dont you hate it when...' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Night & Day

Rock n' Roll Doggie, Band-aid
Dont know if one has ever exsisted here but here goes.

Dont you hate it when...
you are in a line ANYWHERE and the cashier/teller/customer service person decides to carry on a conversation
with a person they've already finished helping?

Yesterday i went to the bank and the teller was done with the transaction...
she kept INSISTING that the little girl the customer was holding do some 'waddle dance' for her.
For almost a minute, the teller tried talking the girl into dancing, and the little girl just stood there....

Come on...do it! Do the dance, do the waddle, i wont let you go without the waddle!'

4 people were behind me and 1 in front...
I was like WTF lady....good friggen Lord.

Don't you hate it when ... Whenever you have to get up early, you always oversleep and have to really drag yourself out of bed. But when you have nothing to get up for, you end up waking up really early out of habit and you can't go back to sleep, and you have nothing to do anyway. (Am still in a bad mood from that happening this morning!)

:laugh: Good ones!!

Did Jase actually just type in a normal sized font ... :der: :love:

I really hate it when I do all my grocery shopping, get home and then realize I forgot ONE thing. Usually an important thing too

Or you just wash your car and bird craps a big fat poop right in the middle of your windshield.

Or you just finish doing a load of colored wash and realize you left one black sock out.

:mad:

I hate it when people who are doing customer service work are engaged in private, personal stuff when they're supposed to be working: like shirking their duties to talk to friends on the phone, or making out with their boyfriend/girlfriend. For that matter, it bugs me when they're clearly not busy and are just standing around but still don't make an effort to talk to you. Mostly, it bugs me when people don't do their job. I don't hate, however, customer service reps who are doing their job by serving customers. It bugs me to no end when people who clearly haven't worked a service job in their life get irritated with servers over stupid, petty nonsense, and chew them out publicly even though they're only making themselves look silly. Suprise, suprise, giving attention to customers is what service people do, and if a server is absorbed with providing a quality customer service experience to one customer, don't interrupt or get irritated just because they aren't addressing you: the world will keep turning and, let's face it, you probably would have wasted your extra 2 minutes anyway.

As a bartender, if anyone on the other side of the bar snaps their fingers at me, waves, shouts at me, or otherwise cuts line, I automatically serve them last. I don't care if you're in a hurry: you wait your turn like everyone else. You don't want to be smalltalked? Great, I don't want to talk to you either, but I do oblige those that do want to chat because that's part of my job. Be pushy all you like, threaten not to tip, try to bribe me, threaten to talk to my manager, I don't care. First, the presumption that you're more important than everyone else is wrong. Second, I don't want your gratuities if you're a douchebag (although, in my experience, the rude customers aren't satisfied even if you break your back for them, and rarely if ever tip anyway). Not only do I not care if you didn't have a good time, I don't want you to come back to my bar if you're a dick because the other customers don't appreciate your behaviour, and if I shirk the good customers to serve the bad ones it reflects badly on me. People going out to have a good time don't want to be surrounded by pushy assholes, they go out to get away from the stresses of their lives, not to have self-important wankers inconveniencing them by disrupting service. I'd rather leave one person inconvenienced than inconvenience the whole group. You may leave unhappy and tell 10 of your friends that my bar sucks, but all the customers I've taken the time to serve properly are going to go off and tell a few of their friends how awesome it was, and at the end of the day I get more good press from doing a good job than I do leaving one or two people unhappy.

don't you hate it when...

you're a bagger making 5.25 an hour, and a customer feels the need to roll their eyes and lecture and harrass you and the cashier about how shitty the credit card acceptor thing is, and how it's confusing so confusing. and how "now when I go to Publix...blah blah whine whine"...then go to fucking Publix. We didn't design the machine. We wish we were at Publix too making nearly 50% more an hour, and I'm applying there the day I turn 16. maybe I'll see you there.

don't you hate it when...you're all made up with your hair perfectly straightened wearing your favorite shirt for picture day at school. then you get to school and they just nonchalantly mention that picture day has been moved to tomorrow.

stupid people. :angry:

VertigoGal said:
don't you hate it when...

you're a bagger making 5.25 an hour, and a customer feels the need to roll their eyes and lecture and harrass you and the cashier about how shitty the credit card acceptor thing is, and how it's confusing so confusing. and how "now when I go to Publix...blah blah whine whine"...then go to fucking Publix. We didn't design the machine. We wish we were at Publix too making nearly 50% more an hour, and I'm applying there the day I turn 16. maybe I'll see you there.

Wow I thought you were older :ohmy: That's a compliment.

Can I get double paper inside of plastic, pack them light and I'd like them to all fit in 4 bags, thanks. :wink:

:rolleyes:

I bagged groceries for almost a year when I was 17.. I even won a national bagging competition :reject: until FINALLY I got promoted to checker (where the real cash is) and I did that for 8 years, fucked up my shoulder and had to go on work comp, had years of physical therapy, drs appts .. finally got an MRI and one of my shoulder joints is degenerating from repetitive motion. SOOOO I had to enter a new field of work.

Get out now while you can :wink:

UnforgettableFOXfire:
Suprise, suprise, giving attention to customers is what service people do, and if a server is absorbed with providing a quality customer service experience to one customer, don't interrupt or get irritated just because they aren't addressing you: the world will keep turning and, let's face it, you probably would have wasted your extra 2 minutes anyway.

[/B]

Normally i would agree with you.
But yes, im going to get fucking irritated when i've been standing in line
for 7 mins and happen to have other things to do.
In my case it was 1 minute out of my life, waiting for this embarrassed little girl to dance... big deal,
and what could i possibly do with that minute?... its the principle of it.

You use a key word here though...ABSORBED...its rude to be so ABSORBED with one customer when 6 others are waiting for a service they are to provide to us as well.
When a transaction (lets just use this particular action) is done, they have fulfilled that customers need, the business is done.
Move it along.
I am there for one thing and one thing only...i dont need to be wined and dined ....i want to get in and get out and get it done.
Theres a fine line between them being grateful for my patronage and thanking me with a smile and quick service
(which will keep me coming back) and what that particular teller was attempting.
Maybe i wouldnt have been as irritated if she wasnt so oblivious to others waiting.

And btw, i dont know if your reply was directed to me, but i've been in customer care/service, most of my life.
I waitressed and bartended also.
Friendliness and true care is crucial to satisfaction and return customers...
but im not going to spend more time then necessary AFTER the 'job' is done and ignore or lower the quality and quantity of time
when others are WAITING for the service i am to provide to them as well.

WTF....what is going on with my font size thingy?...im being sabotaged:eyebrow:

don't u hate it when...

you click on one of these threads and you think you have a profound, deep thought to share with the world...........

then you realize it's just the coffee talking?

Adam's Member said:
don't u hate it when...

you click on one of these threads and you think you have a profound, deep thought to share with the world...........

then you realize it's just the coffee talking?

Ron, come home and ill give you some quality customer care.

VertigoGal said:

don't you hate it when...you're all made up with your hair perfectly straightened wearing your favorite shirt for picture day at school. then you get to school and they just nonchalantly mention that picture day has been moved to tomorrow.

stupid people. :angry:

Or when you get all ready to go out with friends, and then they say 'sorry i cant do tonight, can we do it tomorrow?' SUCH a waste of makeup (and time!).

From my few months as a cashier's experience...

Don't you hate it when you're only earning the bare minimum wage, and customers expect you to bend over backwards in serving them? Sometimes I don't mind, but some customers are just plain ol' dirtbags. They'll give attitude, then expect you to smile and bear it... right.

Also, don't you hate that someone buys like $200+ worth of groceries, and wait for you that one person to bag it all for them? A bonus if it's a guy too, and he's just standing there watching you pack it all.

Don't you hate it when people complain about the band KISS and how they hate them..KISS is the best band in the world! (besides U2) :rockon:

Yet they could make money out of anything..:wink:

Don't you hate it when you go through McDonalds drive thru
and your dying of a starving craving for a

big mac
lg. fries &
soda

and when you drive away and look in the bag you got

2 fish filet sandwiches
yogurt
fajita
and unsweetned ice tea instead! :mad:

Sicy said:
Wow I thought you were older :ohmy: That's a compliment.

thanks. :eek:

Can I get double paper inside of plastic, pack them light and I'd like them to all fit in 4 bags, thanks. :wink:

:rolleyes:

yes! I can't believe I forgot that! :mad:

I bagged groceries for almost a year when I was 17.. I even won a national bagging competition :reject: until FINALLY I got promoted to checker (where the real cash is) and I did that for 8 years, fucked up my shoulder and had to go on work comp, had years of physical therapy, drs appts .. finally got an MRI and one of my shoulder joints is degenerating from repetitive motion. SOOOO I had to enter a new field of work.

Get out now while you can :wink: [/B]

wow. :ohmy: that really sucks, I'm sorry. If I don't get promoted to cashier when I'm 16 I'm gonna try something else. Something like giving swim lessons...$$$$

JCOSTER said:
Don't you hate it when you go through McDonalds drive thru
and your dying of a starving craving for a

big mac
lg. fries &
soda

and when you drive away and look in the bag you got

2 fish filet sandwiches
yogurt
fajita
and unsweetned ice tea instead! :mad:

I HATE that!!! Did you go back or call the manager?
I hate it when you order take-out and you don't bother to check the food before you leave the establishment, only to come home and they fukk it up. Or leave out half the order. It's happened here many times :madwife:

Don't you hate it when... you go to a place that is busy only to find the place understaffed? I remember last year going to Disneyland and getting ice cream on Main Street. We were waiting in line for 45+ minutes, and no fast pass! :mad: We were there this week, but we passed up the ice cream on Main St. this time 'round :wink:

did you hear about that girl who found a real thumb in here chili at Wendy's a few months ago?:ohmy:

Don't you hate it when you wait for 15 minutes for a bagel and cream cheese from dunkin donuts?

Sicy said:

Or you just wash your car and bird craps a big fat poop right in the middle of your windshield.

I have this weird thing, and this is no offense to you Sicy it just reminded me, I hate it when adults use the word poop, unless they are in front of kids.

I don't know what it is, I understand when in front of kids I do the same thing, but as soon as an adult uses the word poop amongst other adults it freaks me out...

I think I just find the word very strange...

Don't you hate it when you get sucked into someone else's drama? Especially when you don't know them that well and he/she is spilling all sorts of secrets you really shouldn't and don't want to know. And then when this person suddenly says "oh my god, none of this can get out because it would ruin [subject in question's name] life!" Ummm....then DON'T fucking TELL me this stuff! I hardly know you. I hardly know this other person. I certainly have no desire to hurt either of you or anyone else in this mess, but now I'm all freaked out that I will let something slip. Shit. :mad:

And while we're at it, I hate it when you trash my friend (especially while expecting me to keep secrets you should never have told me in the first place). You might not like or trust him, but I do. I know full well he is flawed, but I neither expected nor wanted perfection. I simply accept him as he is.

When you phone the bank for the third time and say you're still waiting on news of your new account, they tell you they can't process the account because you didn't give in id. Then when you tell them you did and it was photocopied in the bank by a member of staff they don't believe you. And you're still waiting to hear back from them over 2 hours later. :grumpy:

Don't you hate it when you want to tell a story to a friend and just as you begin she finds a way to make a tangent into a 'similar' story about herself, totally changing the conversation. And when it's all over all you've talked about is her when at first all you wanted to do was tell your friend a story and ask her advice?

yeah, people like that are so self-centered. Not to make light of your "Don't You Hate It When...", but ( :giggle: )

Don't you hate it when you wait on hold for 20 minutes with the cable company's automated system to tell them they have a problem delivering service to your house. A real voice FINALLY comes on the phone, goes through a bunch of useless things to turn on/off, etc., then schedules a service call for you 5 days from now.

In 3 hours, your service miraculously resumes. Clueless cable company!!! :scream:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom