The 'dont you hate it when...' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrPryck2U said:
I hate it when you take a hit from a bowl and gag so much that you puke.

:ohmy:
hypnodisk.gif

Don't you hate it when the guy you've just met And slept with decides he doesn't like being questioned anymore and blocks/deletes you from his msn contact list?!:mad: so you can't even get in the last word....

waynetravis said:
i hate when i spend so long on photoshop i go to save my work and it crashes :angry:

:grumpy: Yes. Especially on the computers at college which crash extra often :angry: Stupid system. And still I never learn from my mistakes :sigh:

I hate it when... I found how my health insurance coverage is crappier than I thought. We keep raising our deductible so our premiums stay the same when the insurance company (BC) keeps raising their rates. 70/30 instead of 80/20.

:angry:

Don't you hate it when....the speed limit is 35 and people decide to go 15?....and then stop unexpectedly for no reason?:happy: :|

when MSN messenger shuts down in the middle of a conversation?

when you go to the store and they have everything except the one thing you actually need.:mad:

FOX keeps putting insanely long breaks between episodes of "House"?

You get served a cold latte at Starbucks...

Alright, enough bitching *end scene*

I'll tell you what I really hate. When people post a news articles about a controversial topic and then have little or no opinion about said article. They simply post maybe one sentence about it and slip away. And then when asked for an opinion again, come up with a really lame explanation. What's the point of posting an article on something if you pretty much having nothing to say about?
Recent examples of this could be topics on homosexuality or racism or both.

MrPryck2U said:
I'll tell you what I really hate. When people post a news articles about a controversial topic and then have little or no opinion about said article. They simply post maybe one sentence about it and slip away. And then when asked for an opinion again, come up with a really lame explanation. What's the point of posting an article on something if you pretty much having nothing to say about.
yeah, i agree. i hate when people do that too. it's like, if i just wanted to read a news article with no thoughts, opinions, discussion, etc. then i'd log onto a news site or something.

Illumination70 said:
I hate it when bad things happen to the nicest people and the nastiest people by saying it's God's will .

Your post reminds me of when my suitemate died of cancer my sophomore year. At her funeral, my other good friend (her best friend and roommate) was standing by me, very upset, and the VP of Student Life for our college came over to her and said "Just remember, everything is part of God's plan." I've never come so close to roundhouse punching someone. Yes, I'm sure God intended for the sweetest 20 year old girl ever to die a slow, painful death only to have a complete stranger walk up to her best friend and tell her that's how it's supposed to be. What an insensitive and bigoted thing for someone to say, especially someone who never bothered to visit Amanda in the hospital. Yes, my blood still boils at the thought of this person and I'm quite bitter.

That really bugs me, too.

Bonos_Lemon said:
people insult your taste in music? I mean its my opinion and I can listen to whatever I want :angry:

Never got that or if you don't like bands someone else happens to love you have no taste. :yawn:

I hate when, after trying to help someone, they can throw it all back in your face. Also, when people say they'll do something, back out of it and constantly use some aul excuse.

Well Lara, you do have bad taste. Just kidding :wink:

I hate it when you're places on permament "friends only" status by a really hot friend. :banghead:

Cleasai said:

I hate it when you're places on permament "friends only" status by a really hot friend. :banghead:

oh man do i know all about that

I hate it when you know you have things to do but the more you have to do the less you actually get done

Liesje said:
Your post reminds me of when my suitemate died of cancer my sophomore year. At her funeral, my other good friend (her best friend and roommate) was standing by me, very upset, and the VP of Student Life for our college came over to her and said "Just remember, everything is part of God's plan." I've never come so close to roundhouse punching someone. Yes, I'm sure God intended for the sweetest 20 year old girl ever to die a slow, painful death only to have a complete stranger walk up to her best friend and tell her that's how it's supposed to be. What an insensitive and bigoted thing for someone to say, especially someone who never bothered to visit Amanda in the hospital. Yes, my blood still boils at the thought of this person and I'm quite bitter.
that is just awful. i can't understand why someone would say that to someone else. what about a simple "my condolences" or "i'm sorry for your loss?" something like that would be fine, but no.

i just don't get how saying "it's part of god's plan" is supposed to comfort a grieving person.

I hate it when people argue for argument's sake. You know, like a certain person over at Free Your Mind. What's the point of arguing if you're never going to take a definitive stance?

Back
Top Bottom